SMA

SMA (page 2 of 7)

Life saver!

Used this product with all 3 of my kids.After initially trying other expensive and popular brands,this product was a life saver! The children were no longer constipated or windy,kept their tummies fuller for longer and has a more pleasant smell compared to others. Easy to prepare as per can instructions and bonus it actually being available in most major shops and not out of stock! Really cheap and most of all the children were happy :)

Best formula out there

My son absolutely loves SMA we tried S26 gold and original and they both made him very windy and constipated until we tried SMA it was much lighter for him to drink and we immediately seen an improvement in his wind and he started pooing without a problem I would definitely recommend SMA to all my friends

fantastic

I have used this product for 3 out of 4 children all babies were breastfed the 3 who weened a little earlier then had SMA for a subsitute after.
Dont be fooled by expensive brands thinkig paying more means better product. I was actually put onlto this by my GP and have never looked back.

SMA just as good as S26 but at a better price

Son was put on S26 at the hospital but I found SMA was cheaper and just as good. Easy to prepare, no dramas when swapping from S26 to SMA. Great formula, no issues or side effects and put a good amount of weight on to bubs. Thumbs up here for SMA.

Great value

I personally Love this formula, it is so cheap and my baby loves it too. It doesn’t clump up or get stuck to teat when you shake it like some formula’s do. Took me a long time to find an affordable formula that wouldn’t bind my baby up. Baby is happy and regular with this formula which is great

Yum for bub

I have used SMA for both my two children and both have taken to it well after being breastfed, there was no hesitation to the change for either one of them. Both my children enjoyed it and always had a full tummy. Plus the biggest bonus is the affordable price any parent will not argue with that. Every baby is different but it's been good to mine.

Wouldn’t go past it

This is the most easy formula to prepare had both my kids on it from birth tried all others and this was the only 1 that my kids would settle on all others ha e them upset tummies and made nap times hard but as soon as we switched to SMA no more problems. Highly recommend this to all new parents out there

Great and cheap

We started giving this to our baby girl after her reflux stopped and it was great. She loved the taste and while we had a shortage of all types of formula this was one of the only ones that was alwaus in stock. It was great on price and full of all the things my girl needed. Very under rated.

Stopped the reflux but the constipation!

This formula worked really well for stopping my babies reflux but it gave her the most horrendous wind and constipation. The poor thing was straining and crying daily and passing horrible hard little nuggets of poo. I really wanted this formula to work because it fixed the reflux but it wasn't right for us.

Love love love

After switching to this formula after about 2/3 month on a different formula , my sons throwing up has stopped nearly completely and none of other tummy problems have come up at all.
SMA is very cheap , and it's worth trying for your little one.
I do recommend this product to all my friends.

Good

I have used this formula for all three of my children and it has been very good fills them up with out making them bloated no reflux issues they like the taste of it have never had issues he ring them to drink it easy to prepare great product .

Prefect. Best for my son

My baby found it best to digest. Tried All others didnt work very well. So recommended product to every one out there. Hard to find it in shops somtimes. Always out of stock for some reason. Its cheap in price but not on quality. Will keep buy ing in future

Keeping my grandchild healthy and satisfied

We tried 3 or 4 other formulas before this one and this one is perfect. Bub loves the taste and it keeps him both regular and satisfied unlike the much more expensive formulas. It dissolves easily and is hard to fault. Quite often it will come on special in Woolworths supermarkets for only $10 (normally $15).

Love it!

I have used SMA formula with all 4 of my children over the last 10 Year’s I have never had any problems,easy to read instructions on the tin, it is great value for money would 100% recommend this product to anyone with a baby who is looking for a great formula.

its ok.

I have tried this formula, and I ended up going back to Karicare gold as it just seemed a better fit for my kids. the consistency was very different to what I was used to with karicare and I just didn't like it. also bub seemed to settle/sleep better on the karicare over this brand so I ended up going back

- in saying that, my friend used this for her son who suffered constipation and this worked really well for her so... every child is very different.

Very good very healthy - has more protein than other baby formulas.

My baby's good and healthy.. so yeah it does work. On a serious note, SMA is the best baby formula brand in the australian market with great value. My nurse told me it is just like S26 except cheaper. Usually $15. Unfortunately because it's so good it's always sold out on sales. EVEN when it's not on sale. Good product though.

Great product

Sma is an easy to use formula with directions and age chart. My partner got sma by mistake which turned out to be better then the brand we had been using with a reflux baby it worked a treat and not over priced at all would definetly recommemd this product

Nice taste and price

This SMA baby formula is suitable for babe age from birth to over 12 month, it is very easy to make and really easy to mix in water, my babe likes it have no problem drinking it, and there is absolutely no allergy or any other trouble with it, we got a few from the shops when its on sale, nice deal too.

Was okay

I tried Sma after having milk low supply but unfortunately it didn't agree with my 2 month old baby. It was good for keeping his reflux at bay but It did give him terrible tummy pains and eventually constipation. It mixes and tastes great and bonus its very cheap to get.

Brilliant

Used from birth as top up from breast milk and then on its own from 11 weeks. Great price and product. Little one loves it. it is often on special offer in Woolies and In Coles. Will continue using in future. Highly recommend, as a first time mum I had no idea which formula to buy and I'm glad I chose this one.

In 1987 my younger daughter could not tolerate S26 milk and I was advised by a doctor at the manufacturers, Wyeth, to change to SMA because it did not have a certain casein in it. Can you tell me which cows provide SMA milk? Kind regards, Patricia Radenkovic zivadin@bigpond.net.au
Your doctor didn't do their homework as SMA infant and s26 infant are the exact same formula only different tins. Same ingredients.Dear Patricia, Thank you for your query. In order to assist you more effectively and provide a more individualised response, could you please call our Careline on 1800 552 229. The Careline is available on Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm AEDST. Alternatively, please provide your contact details via email at your earliest convenience. Warmest Regards, Careline Team Aspen Nutritionals Australia Pty Ltd Aspen Nutritionals Australia respects your right to privacy. To view the full privacy policy, please go to https://www.bubbahood.com.au/terms/ and https://www.bubbahood.com.au/privacy/ Aspen Nutritionals are a signatory to the MAIF Agreement (Marketing in Australia of Infant Formulas: Manufacturers and Importers Agreement) which governs the marketing of infant formula for infants up to 12 months and it mandates that we can respond to issues or questions raised, provided the response includes a statement to the effect that breastfeeding is best for babies. Important mandatory statement: Breastfeeding is best for babies https://www.bubbahood.com.au/feeding/benefits-of-breast-milk.Dear Sir/Madam, Well at the time there was definitely a difference in the composition because my daughter went from chronic diarrhoea to the opposite within 24 hours. I understood that the milk was from Jersey cows and at the time was imported from England. Thanks. I shall ring during next week. Thank you.

What is the difference between SMA newborn & infacare both recommended for 0-12mths?
Hi AnneMaree, I’m not 100% sure, ive only ever used SMA. But Idid research it shows the same thing, so maybe they have just changed the name and kept the product the same.Hi AnneMaree, Aspen Nutritionals Australia are in the process of transitioning SMA to a new brand “Infacare”. As part of this transition you would have noticed the introduction of Infacare to our SMA branded can. No formulation changes were made. SMA Infacare remains a source of complete nutrition for babies from birth and suitable for continued use from around 6 months of age when solids are being introduced. If you have any further queries, please call our Careline on 1800 552 229. The Careline is available on Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm AEDST. Warmest regards, Careline Team Aspen Nutritionals Australia Pty Ltd Aspen Nutritionals are a signatory to the MAIF Agreement (Marketing in Australia of Infant Formulas: Manufacturers and Importers Agreement) which governs the marketing of infant formula for infants up to 12 months and it mandates that we can respond to issues or questions raised, provided the response includes a statement to the effect that breastfeeding is best for babies. Important mandatory statement: Breastfeeding is best for babies https://www.bubbahood.com.au/feeding/benefits-of-breast-milk.

My breast milk didn't come out much after birth. I was advised to go for sma. So I switched over to sma three days after birth. My baby takes it well but the issue I'm having now is that my baby is losing weight. Is there anything I can do to correct the weight loss?
Hi I would tke bub to a child health nurse or gp

SMA