SMA

SMA (page 2 of 7)

• Breastfed Child Yes (2) · No (12)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (13) · No (1)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (3) · No (11)
Roble

RobleWA, 6102

Not bad and it is really cheap

Gem

GemNewcastle

Great and affordable

SMA was the only formula my 9 month old would take once I returned to work. This formula has been gentle on his stomach and is very affordable. I definitely reccomend this formula when swapping over from breatsfeeding due to it being so kind on little bellys and helping my little one sleep longer throughout the night.

Kan

KanAdelaide

Very bad constipation

My 7months son start using SMA (13$ AUD, 900g Mexican) after he was happy with NAN comfort 1 (17$, 800g French ) for the last 3 months. The reasons for changing the formula type is it cheaper and the very good review of SMA. However, since my little one start drinking SMA (which he liked it’s sweet taste) he has no poo for 3 days. Therefore he start struggling very hard and become upset. We decided to back to NAN and give him a suitable medication to make it easy for him.finally when he excreted the faeces was too much and too hard (similar to adults one) accompanied by bleeding and crying..
I found that SMA CONTAINS 80% Casien protien, this is too high comparing to other formula

Brooke

Brooke

This is a good product

We used this formula from birth, mainly because it's what my mum gave me as a baby. My baby loved it, no reflux, easy to prepare and transport. We didn't have any issues with constipation and it seemed to keep her full. We mixed this formula with cereal until we moved her to cold cows milk.

Julie

Julie

Great

Very easy and quick yo prepare. My 2 kids havent had any problems with this formular and for the price i believe good money for value thats for sure. No side affects very healthy chubby children thats really enjoy there milk. Good money value thats for sure. Def worth buying to save some extra dollars for much needed other items

Rohan

RohanNewcastle

perfect product and cheap

It is easy to prepare describe as product. We give this milk from 8 weeks. Baby love drink this milk and no any issue like constipation. It is cheap compare to other brand. I can recommend this product to another person. There is no constipation issue for this milk powder.

Rehana

RehanaMelbourne

Didn't work for us

I first used SMA as an addition to breastmilk and it was perfect then at 1 bottle a day. Once formula was increased to 3-4 bottles (out of 6 feeds a day) it gave my 4 month old BAD constipation. His face would go red and he screamed and cried. S26 was not any better. SMA worked well as an addition to breastfeeding where he got more breastmilk than formula but now that he's fully formula fed, I will never buy it again.

Isabelle S

Isabelle SAU

Cheap and nasty

This formula is 80% casein! Which means constipation! It has absolutely no extras like prebiotics. It’s not the same as s26 at all! (S26 is another constipating brand)
SMA should only be used for reflux or very hungry babies without a sensitive belly.
Consider the aldi formula over this one if you need a budget formula but don’t go to stage 2! As that one is casein dominant also like sma.

Haranii

HaraniiParramatta park

Awesome.

This is the best formula i have had my son on. Every other formula has given him has either, given him stomach aces or constipation and its just been a absolute hell. I am so thank full for being shown this brand and i am not gonna look back. 100% reccomend it.

Maddisyn

MaddisynSouth West, WA

Didn't work for us.

The formula can doesn't have a rim on the inside for easy measuring like the NAN ones do I also found the texture of the formula before putting into bottle was different to other formulas. My 2 week old did seem to like it but it gave him BAD constipation. Was a bit disappointed as the pricing is great and would of suited our budget better.

Kylie

Kylie

Life saver!

Used this product with all 3 of my kids.After initially trying other expensive and popular brands,this product was a life saver! The children were no longer constipated or windy,kept their tummies fuller for longer and has a more pleasant smell compared to others. Easy to prepare as per can instructions and bonus it actually being available in most major shops and not out of stock! Really cheap and most of all the children were happy :)

Best formula out there

My son absolutely loves SMA we tried S26 gold and original and they both made him very windy and constipated until we tried SMA it was much lighter for him to drink and we immediately seen an improvement in his wind and he started pooing without a problem I would definitely recommend SMA to all my friends

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

fantastic

I have used this product for 3 out of 4 children all babies were breastfed the 3 who weened a little earlier then had SMA for a subsitute after.
Dont be fooled by expensive brands thinkig paying more means better product. I was actually put onlto this by my GP and have never looked back.

rena421

rena421South East Queensland, QLD

SMA just as good as S26 but at a better price

Son was put on S26 at the hospital but I found SMA was cheaper and just as good. Easy to prepare, no dramas when swapping from S26 to SMA. Great formula, no issues or side effects and put a good amount of weight on to bubs. Thumbs up here for SMA.

jay

jay

Great value

I personally Love this formula, it is so cheap and my baby loves it too. It doesn’t clump up or get stuck to teat when you shake it like some formula’s do. Took me a long time to find an affordable formula that wouldn’t bind my baby up. Baby is happy and regular with this formula which is great

Steph

StephAvonsleigh, Victoria

Yum for bub

I have used SMA for both my two children and both have taken to it well after being breastfed, there was no hesitation to the change for either one of them. Both my children enjoyed it and always had a full tummy. Plus the biggest bonus is the affordable price any parent will not argue with that. Every baby is different but it's been good to mine.

Buckets

BucketsPerth

Wouldn’t go past it

This is the most easy formula to prepare had both my kids on it from birth tried all others and this was the only 1 that my kids would settle on all others ha e them upset tummies and made nap times hard but as soon as we switched to SMA no more problems. Highly recommend this to all new parents out there

Emily Kuys

Emily Kuys

Great and cheap

We started giving this to our baby girl after her reflux stopped and it was great. She loved the taste and while we had a shortage of all types of formula this was one of the only ones that was alwaus in stock. It was great on price and full of all the things my girl needed. Very under rated.

Review collected in partnership with S-26 Alula

Angeline

AngelineAdelaide

Stopped the reflux but the constipation!

This formula worked really well for stopping my babies reflux but it gave her the most horrendous wind and constipation. The poor thing was straining and crying daily and passing horrible hard little nuggets of poo. I really wanted this formula to work because it fixed the reflux but it wasn't right for us.

Em.

Em.Moruya

Love love love

After switching to this formula after about 2/3 month on a different formula , my sons throwing up has stopped nearly completely and none of other tummy problems have come up at all.
SMA is very cheap , and it's worth trying for your little one.
I do recommend this product to all my friends.

Iowane R.

Iowane R.asked

which formula is the best for my baby SMA or S26 ? any idea?

Nik

Nikasked

Is sma infacare 1 halal?

S-26 Alula
Careline T.S-26 Alula

Hi Nik,
Thank you for your query.
It is Halal suitable, however not Halal certified.
If you require further information, please contact our Careline Team on 1800 552 229 (Mon- Fri 9am-5pm AEST) and our Careline team members would be happy to assist you.
Warmest regards,
Careline team

Teneallec

Teneallecasked

Hi
I have had my little boy on SMA from a month old and he has loved it after trying another one! He has slept through since then and is still a good sleeper! He is now 12 months old and I am wondering what toddler formula should I go on with from here or should I keep him on SMA as I don’t want to start him on Cows milk yet as he has medical issues and needs all the xtra vitamins etc! Please help

S-26 Alula
Careline T.S-26 Alula

Hi Teneallec, Thank you for your question. S-26 Alula Original Toddler is a supplementary milk drink which is designed for children one year and older to help fill in nutritional gaps. One serve of S-26 Alula Original Toddler provides 50% of the Recommended Dietary Intake for toddlers of iron, vitamin C and B vitamins along with other age appropriate nutrients for active children. The suggested intake of S-26 Alula Original Toddler is 1-2 serves daily. For product information, please visit https://www.bubbahood.com.au/s26/original/toddler/. If you have any further queries, please call our Careline on 1800 552 229. The Careline is available on Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm AEST.
Warmest regards,