SMA

SMA (page 3 of 7)

4.3

• Breastfed Child Yes (17%) · No (83%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (92%) · No (8%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (25%) · No (75%)
moviestar1958

moviestar1958

Keeping my grandchild healthy and satisfied

We tried 3 or 4 other formulas before this one and this one is perfect. Bub loves the taste and it keeps him both regular and satisfied unlike the much more expensive formulas. It dissolves easily and is hard to fault. Quite often it will come on special in Woolworths supermarkets for only $10 (normally $15).

Lissa44

Lissa44

Love it!

I have used SMA formula with all 4 of my children over the last 10 Year’s I have never had any problems,easy to read instructions on the tin, it is great value for money would 100% recommend this product to anyone with a baby who is looking for a great formula.

jess

jessRegency downs

its ok.

I have tried this formula, and I ended up going back to Karicare gold as it just seemed a better fit for my kids. the consistency was very different to what I was used to with karicare and I just didn't like it. also bub seemed to settle/sleep better on the karicare over this brand so I ended up going back

- in saying that, my friend used this for her son who suffered constipation and this worked really well for her so... every child is very different.

Kellie V

Kellie VBrisbane

Very good very healthy - has more protein than other baby formulas.

My baby's good and healthy.. so yeah it does work. On a serious note, SMA is the best baby formula brand in the australian market with great value. My nurse told me it is just like S26 except cheaper. Usually $15. Unfortunately because it's so good it's always sold out on sales. EVEN when it's not on sale. Good product though.

Larissa

LarissaQuairading

Great product

Sma is an easy to use formula with directions and age chart. My partner got sma by mistake which turned out to be better then the brand we had been using with a reflux baby it worked a treat and not over priced at all would definetly recommemd this product

Archie

ArchieBrisbane

Nice taste and price

This SMA baby formula is suitable for babe age from birth to over 12 month, it is very easy to make and really easy to mix in water, my babe likes it have no problem drinking it, and there is absolutely no allergy or any other trouble with it, we got a few from the shops when its on sale, nice deal too.

karenn.elizabeth

karenn.elizabethPerth, WA

Was okay

I tried Sma after having milk low supply but unfortunately it didn't agree with my 2 month old baby. It was good for keeping his reflux at bay but It did give him terrible tummy pains and eventually constipation. It mixes and tastes great and bonus its very cheap to get.

Carol C

Carol CPerth, WA

Brilliant

Used from birth as top up from breast milk and then on its own from 11 weeks. Great price and product. Little one loves it. it is often on special offer in Woolies and In Coles. Will continue using in future. Highly recommend, as a first time mum I had no idea which formula to buy and I'm glad I chose this one.

Jennifer

JenniferBowraville

My little one loves it....

To settle down a newborn is not easy,so I tried the formula...SMA is very easy to make and my baby is enjoying and she's gaining weight and most of the time she sleep good...SMA is same company of S26 but the price is good very affordable than other formula... My baby enjoyed and likes very much...

January 31st 2018 Update: Very happy of this Product

SMA is best for my lil girl,she enjoy it very much since birth up to now six months old... And for me is very affordable compares to other formula but has same result...Hey,mommies out there try SMA formula for your little ones ..easy to mix,affordable,and I can assure you they'll like it much...

Taylah

TaylahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best formula

This Formula is only $15! Its make by the same company that makes s26 and s26 gold, Its has similar product unside, and both of my boys love it. I only purchased it as I didnt have enough one day to buy a $26 tin of s26, and would buy it over s26 any day!

samgee

samgeebomaderry

Cheap but just as good

I have 3 children 3 and under they have all been fed both breast milk and formula.The two older boys both had s26 gold and it worked for them.My 3 month old did not like any of the premium formulas and after reading reviews for sma here,we gave it a go.Formula mixes well,smells ok and most importantly my baby likes it.Prior to trying this she was constipated and grumpy.Formula is one of those things,you can only try and see if it works for your baby.The price is great too.

Jo S

Jo S

Good formula, seems to agree with my little one

Good formula for newborn - as expected from makers of S26.
Swapped to this formula after S26 left my newborn constantly hungry and screaming for more (would drink 180ml when only 4 weeks old).
Was told this formula would fill him up for longer seen the different cassein/whey balance.
Didn't make a difference in how much and how often he would feed, but he enjoyed the taste and it was a cheaper option than standard s26.
Was easy to prepare and didn't froth up.

Hsiao L

Hsiao LBrisbane

My baby loves SMA

My baby loves this SMA powdered milk, it is very easy to prepare, my baby is drinking it once to twice a day, three scoops with 180ml warm water, this SMA formula is very easy to dissolve and it doesnt taste as bad as other formulas from the same company.

Ben R

Ben RBrisbane

Great formula

We have been using sma formula for our 6 month old boy. We use it to substitute his first feed of the day instead of breast milk. He likes it very much and seems to know the difference between breast milk and the sma formula. We are very happy with the product and recommended it to new parents

Sma made in mexico??

Hi by mistake I purchased SMA formula at coles thinking that S26 changed packaging.. in saying this is read up a bit about on this forum and actually sounded like great formulary for the twins as they are a little chucky. Started using and found they kept it down better and seemed more settled.. so decided to send the hubby out to purchase more.. only difference was that the tins he brought home were made in mexico instead of Singapore... i felt a little concerned as to why it would be made in different places.he purchased it at same place as me. Has anyone had any issues with Mexico one or found any difference?

Mel

MelAU

Love it my baby lives it

I have been using SMA baby formula for 6 weeks now and I have not noticed any side effects. My little man of 6 weeks seems to love it as it seems to satisfy him where as the breast milk doesn't seem to be enough. Also very easy to prepare especially when half asleep at night

Ezzac

EzzacMelbourne

Good forMula great price

I have had my youngest 2 on this formula. It seems to be gentle on their tummies and they both did not have any reflux using this formula. Other formulas we tried had constipated them but this seemed to work well for them both. It is easy to prepare and mixes well without lumps.

MexicoH

MexicoHNewcastle

Great affordable formula

Switched to this formula after Aldi's Mamia Formula didn't agree with my son. Had no issues since switching.
The tin has easy to read and follow instructions. It mixed well without being too frothy or clumpy.
They have recently changed the scoop, it now has a longer handle which is good, but the scoop no longer sits level with the handle which can be annoying. Affordable at $15 a tin or regularly goes on sale at Woolworths for $10.

Raychiiee

Raychiiee

Great formula my daughter has no issues on it

The formula is easy to use with easy to read directions. easy to scoop and my daughter loves it, doesn't make her sick or upset her belly. She keeps it down well and she enjoys it she one happy healthy bubba. She has not had a problem since being on this formula.

my granddaughter loves it

i used this for my son and daughter who were both reflux and colic babies got told to try sma and never looked back so when my granddaughter was having trouble with reflux told my daughter try sma and my granddaughter is now thriving and the only side effect has been constipation but a small issue considering she was vomiting after every feed of her old milk

Caitlin J.

Caitlin J.asked

What's the best formula for babies? Ive been using SMA for mine but few weeks ago had to change to Nan's comfort as no stores had SMA. Which formula is best for gentle stomachs?

Hi Caitlin,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulty in locating stock. We are diligently working together with the retailers and pharmacies to create better accessibility of our products.

To help you choose a suitable product for your little one, we highly recommend that you speak to your healthcare professional, who are experienced in paediatric nutrition and are better able to assess your individual situation.

Please contact our Careline on 1800 552 229 (Mon- Fri 9am-5pm AEST) with any further queries that you may have and one of our friendly Careline team member would be happy to assist you.

Careline team.

Rosemary

Rosemaryasked

Is this formula cow milk based

Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for your query.

Yes, the product is a cow's milk based.

If you have any further queries, please give us a call on 1800 552 229 (Mon- Fri 9am-5pm AEDST) and one of our Careline team member would be happy to assist you. Or visit our website http://www.bubbahood.com.au. <http://www.bubbahood.com.au>

Careline Team

Ganga

Gangaasked

My daughter drank Aspen S26 gold milk for 4 months from the day she was born. Unable to find the Aspen S26 gold milk powder, however, I had to use the wyeth S26 gold SMA. Is there any difference between the two types of milk? Please explain.
Ganga Dissanayaka
SriLanka

Dear Ganga,
The website you have accessed is intended for Australian consumers and this section is occasionally monitored by Sanulac Nutritionals Australia (formerly known as Aspen Nutritionals Australia).
Thank you for your enquiry.
Countries other than Australia may have different formula brands, regulatory requirements or medical practices.
Please contact your local S-26 supplier, pharmacy or chemist in Sri Lanka that may assist you with your enquiry. Alternatively, please speak to your healthcare professional for advice regarding your individual situation.
Careline team