Xiaomi Mi Box

3.6

Ali Y.

Ali Y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a lemon

We had the box for 4 days and it was a terrible experience. The streaming was scratchy and the remote froze every 10 minutes and it required constant paring. We tried everything to fix the problem. We removed the HDMI cable, turned the box on and off, we also removed and replaced the remote batteries with no luck.
With that frustration, we purchased a Blaupunkt android tv box and we now have zero problems. We do not recommend Xiaomi.

Purchased in October 2020 at Dick Smith for A$78.00.

Gerry

Gerryasked

can you get freeview app for this.thanks.

Wayne M.

Wayne M.asked

Hi all,

So this supports the Kodi App? May I ask if it supports the Kayo App also?

Regards Wayne

Ole Fasked

is it possible to install Expressvpn from Google Play and run it as an app in the same way I do on my Android-phone??

Ole Frederiksen

toadnode

Possibly but couldn't say for sure. Regular play store and Android TV play store host different content so you would need to check with the publisher of that app if it is available. If not, you can side load the app you need and launch it using HAL but doesn't mean it will work, particularly being a system service. I use NordVPN, it's available on every platform I need.

toadnode

I will also mention that Android TV has restrictions on writing to externally mounted filesystems that haven't been formatted as encrypted"device storage". Just in case that affects whatever you intend to do with the box.

Ole F

Thank you - I ordered a box now, so I will find out.

CategoryNetworked Media Players