Xiaomi Mi Box

Xiaomi Mi Box

3.6

Benn Probett

Benn ProbettPerth, WA

Powerful smart TV upgrade at a fraction of the price

Out performs my woefully expensive Sony Bravia. Has that lean and slick native AndroidTV feel, worth spending those extra couple of dollars than a cheap non-AndroidTV media player. Bit average on 4K/Ultra-HD due to a average CPU, limited memory and no network adapter. Wireless-only

Purchased in April 2020 at eBay for A$90.00.

Sam

Sam

Good little device overall

For the price, I am very happy with it.
Yes sometimes it crashes on you (if you load it with too many apps)
Love the voice search funtion- comes in handy with youtube
You can add a USB stick if you want to load games etc.

Purchased at eBay for A$89.00.

Sam M

Sam MMelbourne

Pretty Good

Very solid runs well, remote is very handy
Would be great if it had an L A N onnection
Perfect for PLEX, Kodi, streaming apps and playing large files that TV's will not support
Remote is great as well

Purchased in April 2018 at eBay for A$80.00.

Networked Media Players

Find out how Xiaomi Mi Box compares to other Networked Media Players

toadnodeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's a Chromecast on steroids!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Foxie

Foxie

Nearly perfect

I like this box, I have two of them. I have sideloaded Android apps (such as SBS, 9now) and use to watch foreigner channels (by using a smart DNS on router). The remote is amazing. Some of the side loaded apps though don't seem to work with remote provided. Netflix is hd and also ultra he, which is incredible for the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Gerry

Gerryasked

can you get freeview app for this.thanks.

Wayne M.

Wayne M.asked

Hi all,

So this supports the Kodi App? May I ask if it supports the Kayo App also?

Regards Wayne

Ole Fasked

is it possible to install Expressvpn from Google Play and run it as an app in the same way I do on my Android-phone??

Ole Frederiksen

toadnode

Possibly but couldn't say for sure. Regular play store and Android TV play store host different content so you would need to check with the publisher of that app if it is available. If not, you can side load the app you need and launch it using HAL but doesn't mean it will work, particularly being a system service. I use NordVPN, it's available on every platform I need.

toadnode

I will also mention that Android TV has restrictions on writing to externally mounted filesystems that haven't been formatted as encrypted"device storage". Just in case that affects whatever you intend to do with the box.

Ole F

Thank you - I ordered a box now, so I will find out.

CategoryNetworked Media Players