Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen)

Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum (1st gen) Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:KHXM1CROBOT and KHXMMIROBOT
JEB
JEB

Argh! help please Xiaomi. My vac used to work fine. It went off line and I cant get it back. I contacted support but they no longer deal with Australia and told me to go back to who I bought it from - I dont remember!

Sally
Sally

Hi Jen, I have same issue, did you find a solution?

Peter
Peter

It only works in one region like Chinese mainland, it won't work in other region like Australia, it keeps "map loading", and get stuck. It won't open any Map. What can I do?

Texml M.
Texml M.

Can anyone please advise why the “Dock” Clean” and “Turbo”? commands are now missing from my screen after an App update?
The current Go to, Dock, Clean, and Zone Clean are not responsive and do nothing.

VS M.
VS M.

Will mi home Robo stop while in operation if the battery comesxdown to 25%? It's happening in my home. Till recently 1150 sft home was being totally cleaned with some,50% of full charge. What could be the reason? It is 2 years since I bought this.

Ariane S.
Ariane S.

Recently my xiaomi mi robot stops in de middle of a clean up and goes off line. It worked fine before and nothing changed that I am aware of.

Bruce
Bruce

Hi. We have three levels in our home. Can you have three s6 vacuums in the house on one app?

Lila K.
Lila K.

Does anyone know where I can buy this exact model from?

Tadine
Tadine

I purchased mine from Kogan

Al M.
Al M.

My Xiaomi robot vacuum doesn't want to work correctly if the region is not "Chinese Mainland", why?

Jacques M.
Jacques M.

Because you got a Chinese version. Usually Xiaomi gadgets are region locked. If you buy vaccum from Chinese region and air purifier from Taiwan region you cannot use the same region settings for both. You have to switch region into the Mi app

Mel
Mel

We have just bought a Viomi V3 and we have mapped the house. However it won’t go and clean as per the map it keeps remapping and going where it shouldn’t. Frustrating is an understatement! Also keeps going offline and we cannot get it to reconnect even though nothing wrong with the wifi?? Anyone help please?

niko87

Not sure if this the same model as in my review but I dont need to do any ''mapping''' i just click the ''clean'' button and it maps the entire area on its own as it goes along, it never misses a spot. Have you tried upgrading the firmware??
And when you say going where it shouldn't what do you mean by that? My xiaomi does not have an option to restrict its movements this can only be achieved by purchasing a magnetic tape which you can put on the floor to stop it from going to specific areas you don't want it to go (unless yours is different>?)

Maria y
Maria y

My xiaomi does not stop to speak_ it said that map has been remove _ how can l stop it. I have closed and start again but it continue to speak

Caro
Caro

When you say 'close' do you mean on the app? Have you tried turning off the app then turn the machine off, hold over 3 sec. Try using the manual clean mode where it doesn't run with the app. If it is still speaking something is wrong. You will need clear then remap your rooms. Personally, I never bother with the app and just use it in manual mode.

Helen
Helen

Does it vacuum under the couches?

Anthony H.
Anthony H.

As I have a 2 story house, I'd like to pick it up and move it from one floor to another. Does this stuff up the mapping or does this not cause any issues?

niko87

Nah I have a 2 storey house too - just hit the ''clean'' button when you put it where you want it and it will re-map the current area on the fly.....

gemmababe29

I trying to find one of these but they are discontinue , Im seeing a lot of similar in the same brand that look the same and have the name but im not sure if they are the same as this one, Can I please have a model number so I can tell if its the same as this one please?

gemmababe29

I read a comment "When first used it maps out the floor plan of your house " my question is can it do this without using an app as I do not have a smart phone?

EJ Taylor
EJ Taylor

I’m sorry- not sure. The only way I could work it out was by using the phone app

Hi how loud is it?
Does it clean corners and along edges well?
Does it have issues with dark colored furniture legs

niko87

You can change the vacuum suction speed so you can get it to be really quiet when someone is sleeping for example. It does clean well on the edges as it has the small rotating brush....Color of furniture isnt an issue as these use laser technology to navigate (or something along those lines).

Kate Z.
Kate Z.

I’d really like to know what the noise level are like with these robot vacuums & which is the quietest? I used to have a Robomaid however ended up selling I as it was so loud we couldn’t even watch the TV or have it going at as it was too loud. Can some please advice which is the best for me - I’m looking for one that is quiet, app friendly, I have a cat with long hair plus 3 messy boys and to be used on tiles & low carpet. Hope someone can help me as I’m struggling to vacuum now (back injuries) please? Thx

Yuen G.
Yuen G.

Id like to know this too, reviews don't seem to mention how noisy it is or if the mopping feature works well

niko87

It is LESS noisier than your typical vacuum cleaner and it has 3 suction levels which also have different noise so if you want to to be very quiet you can choose that option.

AJS
AJS

Hello couple of questions:
- Does the mop function know the difference between rug and carpet? So stops mop function when it moves onto rug?
- If it runs out of battery and needs to recharge- does it then start again from where it finished?
- Can you control what rooms/zones it cleans?
- Can you control the days it cleans? eg: Monday, Wednesday and Friday start at 10am for example?

Sara O.

So we have had our robot vacuum for about 18 months and has performed well, but all of a sudden it is saying every 20 mins "Boot failure. It will take about 5 mins to restore the initial version, please be patient." I am unable to restart it or turn it off. The app isn't saying there aren't any updates, but the app has been pretty useless from the start. Any ideas?

mohammed a.
mohammed a.

I've got the same issue, did you manage to fix it?

Sara O.

Hi Mohammed- it somehow fixed itself after a day or so.

BRB

I purchased my Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop a week ago. It has done 4 complete cleans of my house but the map is only 80% complete and has been at 80% since the 2nd clean. How do I get it to 100% so I can set zones and stuff?

Steven

You need to have all doors open in every room in you house to do 100% cleaning of the hole house , but if you don't want a bedroom or a lounge clean close the door it will clean 100% of the house that the vacuum can get to in the house ,zone set up is done via the app bress and hold the rooms you want clean one at a time to add

BRB

Thanks Steven. It's cleaned my entire house 5 times now but the smart map still stays on only 80% complete. Until it is 100% set up I can't zone the map into rooms. So frustrating!

John S.
John S.

I'm having the same issue, and that only started about a month ago. For the last 1.5 years it's been good to go.

Andrea
Andrea

Hi, I have just bought v2 of this vacuum which is great, but i can't get the app to work. Their 1800 number is useless, it asks me to email, which I have but no-one has replied. Has anyone else had issues connecting to the app and if so, what did you do to fix it. Thanks in advance! Andrea

Steven

Hi mate you can only get app to work via WiFi from home router or hot spot your mobile phone to a tablet I hop this will help you

Steven

I am using an apk MI Home not the one from play store just remember make shore your hot spot from your mobile phone is sercured

Get an answer from our members and Xiaomi representatives