Xiaomi Roborock S6 MaxV

Xiaomi Roborock S6 MaxV

How to land the best robot vacuum

A reliable robot vacuum can free up time to spend with loved ones and enjoy your favourite hobbies. In this 2020 guide, we help you know what to look for in a robot vacuum cleaner.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Pros

• Cordless, hands-free operation

• Efficient at cleaning various surfaces

• Easy to use

• Customisable map and cleaning sequence

Cons

• At $1,200, the Roborock is a little pricey

Dan

DanMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Like having your own maid - on demand

We purchased the Roborock for our house of tiles and thick pile carpet. We have two children under 3 and a long haired German Shepherd, so any robot vacuum we purchased was facing a uphill battle.

The mapping ability of the Roborock is amazing and so simple to use. 45 mins after taking it out of the box, the house was mapped and the Roborock put to work. The vacuum feature we use twice a week and can’t rate it high enough ... 11/10!!! The mopping feature we use about once a week and does an ok job. It doesn’t blow us away like the vacuuming mode but does a decent enough job ... 6/10.

We have owned the Roborock now for about 8 weeks and they are definitely worth the money!!!

Purchased in January 2021 for $1,036.00.

Carol

CarolSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love ❤️ it

Wasn’t sure about this robot vac thing regret i didn’t buy this sooner. Does my timber floors and carpets .This Machine is amazing app is brilliant so easy to use

Purchased in January 2021 for $680.00.

Life made easy

Great device, vacuums and mops when programmed at night which saves time and energy particularly with a busy working schedule. Spotless floors in the morning! Godsend!
I have a puppy and she is not bothered by my Roborock at all. She sees it coming and just walks away so if your considering this product and you have a pet no problems there.
I recommend this product without hesitation.

Purchased in January 2021.

Happy customer

Happy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Time saver

Was surprised by how much dust/dirt/hair Rosie picked up on her first run considering I had just vacuumed with my dyson 3 days before she joined our family. Our house has 3 levels which Rosie has mapped out. I carry her up to the top floor and leave her to vacuum (including under the beds). When she is finished, she returns back to where she started and waits there until I get home from work so that she can be taken back downstairs to her dock. We watched her nervously during her first learning session whenever she approached the stairs but she can be trusted to not fall down them. The mop function is convenient, I will probably only mop with the old mop and bucket once a month now. Roborock is well worth the investment.

Purchased in January 2021 for $1,079.00.

System ErrorsOften
epic evo

epic evoPerth, WA

It's good but hopefully it can be better

I also own a $350 EUFEY and both would vacuum about the same with the Eufy picking up up more pet hair hands down. I do like the fact that I can tell Terry (SV6) to go to any one spot in the house and clean just clean and mop that one spot. The app works really well and the pets don't mind them while they are operating. Noise wise they are both the same. The tech on the SV6 could be better improved to avoid objects instead of just pushing them around. They do work well together Eufy will do a full vacuum first then Terry will follow shortly after with another vacuum and mop to finish off. We have a house with 2 dogs and 4 kids under 12 so we have them running twice a day. We have full epoxy floors throughout the entire house.

Purchased at roborock for $1,200.00.

Floor TypeTiles
Lyn D.

Lyn D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Such a time saving vacuum

I used to like vacuuming but other tasks took priority. Researched and finally purchased the Roborock vacuum cleaner - now named Mavis. Mavis cleans tiled floors, scatter rugs and carpet easily. She disappears into various room and does her thing while I do other tasks. I get a message on my phone that she has taken herself back to the charger. Haven't used the mop function. Took a while to figure out how to open to get to the dust bag. If I was writing instructions, this is the first picture and text I would include. It's not always obvious to a new owner. Mavis is transferred between upstairs and downstairs with the charger. I put a barrier across the top of the stairs so she doesn't fall down.

Purchased in December 2020 at Roborock for $1,200.00.

We named our Rosie

With 2 pugs constantly dropping hair Rosie has made life so much easier. Haven’t had to use the Dyson since we got this. House is so much cleaner. Love it.

chalie

chalie

fantastic little machine i love it but

my second roborock, i bought to avoid obstacles but unfortunately it still gets stuck on cords which is why i bought it . hoping to avoid cords ...so disappointing there to be honest , .... it gets stuck on cords so you still have to pick everything up ..it does avoid larger obstacles but forget ipad headsets that end up wrapped up in the wheels , so not impressed there for a $1000 plus machine ..

Purchased in December 2020.

Best investment ever!!

I just love love love my Roborock, she does an amazing job filling my vacuuming shoes. I have 3 long haired dogs and 2 young children. My floor is gritty and dirty daily and I would vacuum twice daily usually. We have floorboards and I hate feeling bits under my feet, Shanequa goes about her business while I can relax or get other jobs done. The mop function just works enough to make the floor feel clean but obviously they will need to be mopped occasionally, by me, for a deeper clean. She also navigates the top of the stairs no sweat. I don’t use the phone function.

Purchased in December 2020 for $1,019.15.

Love it

It is definitely one of the best investments I’ve ever made. Don’t know how I lived without it till now! Does a great job on my carpet and wood floors.

Purchased in December 2020 for $1,019.00.

Naomi

NaomiIllawarra, NSW

Great vacuum! Mop is average.

The vacuum on this device is AMAZING! I had vacuumed using my corded vacuum which is only about 6 months old, then the roborock went through the entire house & picked up so much more! Especially dust! It’s so convenient to be able to turn it on while you aren’t home, or do a spot clean wherever you need it.
The mop on the other hand is average, it doesn’t really get spills off the tiles, so would still need to do a mop every two weeks or so.
Overall a great purchase and I don’t regret it!

Purchased in December 2020 at Roborock website for $1,019.00.

Hayley W.

Hayley W.Hunter Region, NSW

Love my new minion

Loving my Roborock! Thoroughly cleans on tiles & carpet.
I love the systematic approach to cleaning a room as opposed to other cleaners that bounce off objects in different directions.
Very accurate detecting small obstacles & objects.
I like being able to set cleaning schedules & know it'll be done when I get home.
There could be some improvements made in the apps ability to customise/adjust maps without having to remap the entire house, but otherwise fantastic.

Purchased in December 2020.

Great vacuum cleaner

This robot is sleek and looks good. Picks up all the dirt and pet hair efficiently from the carpet, tile and vinyl floor. Mapping is good and can be customised as per your needs. As this is a vacuum and mop combo, I would say mop function is not that great. We have vinyl flooring and we use the maximum level of water and still the floor doesn’t get wet and clean. The robot can be cleaned easily and is user friendly.
Certain times it doesn’t recognise the obstruction and bumps into it. Overall it does the vacuuming job well, saves your time & energy.

Purchased in November 2020 for $1,019.15.

System ErrorsOften
Roborock T.Roborock

Hello Prathima, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

Lee

LeePerth, WA

This vacuum sucks

Pleasantly surprised with how well this little Vac cleans. I thought the mop function was a bit gimmicky untill it was doing its thing. Never going to replace a proper mop but for in-between it is great.

Purchased in December 2020 at roborock for $1,199.00.

Roborock T.Roborock

Hello Lee, we are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

Rick

RickDarwin, NT

Super cleaner in a very busy home with five children!

This cleaner has great mapping software allowing it to negotiate our chaotic home, cleaning our large tiles well. It gets over the clunky sofa rails and under the sofa, in between and around chair legs, up over mats, around challenging kids, and still finds its way back to the charging dock when everything is clean. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in December 2020 at Roborock for $1,019.00.

Floor TypeTiles
Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for your time and for sharing your wonderful experience. Welcome to the Roborock family, Rick. You are what makes us great!

AllenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Broke on first use

Purchased in December 2020 at Catch for $1,019.00.

System ErrorsEvery time
Roborock T.Roborock

Hello Allen, I'd like to check if everything has been sorted out? You may send us an email at customerservice@roborock.com.au and we'd be more than happy to assist.

Allen

Yes. Customer service is really good. They were able to repair the unit and send it back to me and its working fine now.

Toni v.

Toni v.Perth, WA

Love it!!!!

I’m extremely happy with my purchase. Money well spent. With having an infant, vacuuming is now one less job I need to do, and the amount of dust/dirt that it picks up daily, blows my mind. Not even my Dyson seemed to pick up what this does on my carpet and tiled floors. The mapping technology is incredible and very adaptive to changes. The mopping function is good for spot cleans, but definitely not to mop the entire house. I highly recommend this Robovac!!!

Purchased in October 2020.

Roborock T.Roborock

We are happy that you are happy Toni, thank you for your time giving this wonderful review. Welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Balazs H.

Balazs H.Sydney, NSW

Excellent for busy parents

We're using it mostly on wooden floors and carpets. We absolutely love it. Does the job perfectly. Can not wait to try the mop function. Don't forget to save a custom map to make the cleaning even faster. Highly recommended!

Purchased in November 2020.

Roborock T.Roborock

Your satisfaction is our business, welcome to the Roborock family. You are what makes us great!

Great little machine

Purchased in October 2020 at Roborock for $1,000.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
Roborock T.Roborock

Thank you for choosing Roborock Robyn, welcome to our family! You are what makes us great!

Leanne

LeanneFar North Queensland, QLD

Love it! Not sure wherr it keeps getting the dirt from

I have a mix of hard floors (wood, tiles and vinyl). I love it. Ive had it for about 3 weeks now and he's gotten stuck twice. Once under an odd shaped mat and once on a half built ramp to go up a 70mm step.

Purchased in October 2020 at Roborock for $1,079.00.

Floor TypeLinoleum, Tiles and Wood
Roborock T.Roborock

Hello Leanne, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a rating. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at customerservice@roborock.com.au

Maheswaran P.asked

Is the Mop Cloth reusable and where do we purchase such cloths.

Robyn B.
Robyn B.

My Roborock came with a reusable mop cloth but disposable ones are available. I would purchase subsequent ones either direct from Roborock or elsewhere on the Internet.

Thanks Robyn..

Paula D.

Paula D.asked

Hi I have slate flooring it’s uneven how will it go with that? Anyone else have slate?

big_half

I have tile and they’re not close to even. It works, but click clacks like a train going over the grout. Mopping mode does tend to miss parts of tiles, but I usually make it mop 2-3 times in one hit anyway. Make sure your retailer has a good return policy then try it out. FWIW I’m returning my unit due to its poor carpet performance.

Rose

Roseasked

Does it need the camera to navigate through the house?
I’d feel uncomfortable knowing that the camera of my robot vacuumer might watch me or spie the house out so I’d put a sticker over it if this doesn’t affect it the cleaning process. I like everything else and am inclined to buy one

big_half

I recommend you get the S5 Max if you want a Roborock. It’s otherwise superior in every way, and doesn’t suffer from the main brush fault affecting the S6 MaxV.

Of course you forfeit the obstacle avoidance ability, but honestly it totally sucks anyway.

Get an answer from our members and Roborock representatives

Features:

• Designed to avoid bumping into people and objects, due to in-built features such as depth perception and night vision
  • Set-and-forget timer means you can turn on the vacuum cleaner while working on other tasks
  • Room sequencing lets the robot know what order you require your rooms to be cleaned in. If you know you’ll be spending time with friends in the living room during the morning, you can alter the course so the vacuum cleaner targets other areas first
  • Twin cameras and connection to the Roborock app lets you check in when you’re not home

Points of praise for the Xiaomi Roborock S6 MaxV:

• Reviewers appreciated the route mapping feature
  • The vacuum worked well on a variety of floors such as wood, carpet and tiles
  • Dual vacuum/mop feature saved time for many reviewers and allowed people to tend to other tasks while they had their Xiomi Roborock S6 running
  • The twin camera feature was a bonus and reviewers found it useful for anything from checking that the vacuum cleaner was on course, to ensuring that the kids had locked the front door on their way out.

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

The Xiaomi Roborock S6 MaxV was only released in September but has already become a hit with reviewers. The 2021 Award Winner for Robot Vacuum Cleaners, top-scoring factors include ease of programming routes, convenience of scheduled cleaning times, and simple maintenance and cleaning.

CategoryRobot Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $1,199.00
Bin Capacity0.46 L
HEPA FilterYes
Attachments Dock charger, Dustbin Box, Washable HEPA filter, Water Tank, Moisture-proof Pad, Microfibre Mop Cloth
FeaturesMopping Function and Wi-Fi Connectivity