Reviewer Photos & Videos
Average Product - leaves clumps of pet hair on carpet
I would not recommend this vacuum for carpet if you have a pet. It leaves clumps of dog hair (even on max suction) and I always have to redo the carpets with my dyson stick vacuum after. It works great on my vinyl planks though. Customer service was poor and I was told my carpet was ‘sticky’.
Purchased in May 2021.
Needs constant babysitting - therefore pointless
We bought this vacuum to try and make our lives easier and save time. So far neither of those objectives has been achieved. On the plus side the suction is okay and I like the concept of the app. It's just a shame that the mapping is rubbish and I have to babysit the vacuum every time we use it.
The biggest issue is that the vacuum gets confused by mirrors and windows. We have quite a few sliding glass doors and the vacuum doesn't understand that these are a hard barrier and tries perpetually to find a way to get behind them because it thinks ...it needs to vacuum in this magic mystery space. We also have mirrored sliding doors on the wardrobes and it cannot understand these either. This means that it cannot map the house properly and therefore goes into a constant cycle of going from room to room trying to get 'behind' the glass and mirrors. For example, if I set it to vacuum my daughter's bedroom it does that and once it bumps the mirrored robe door it then goes to my son's bedroom (on the other side of the mirrored robes) to try and get into my daughter's robe from the other side. When it realises it can't get there it then returns to the first bedroom and tries again. And so continues to do this in an endless loop until the battery runs out. The same with all of the glass sliding doors in our lounge, dining room, master bedroom - you get the picture. So I basically have to babysit the vacuum cleaner in every job that it does which is highly annoying when it was meant to be a time saving device. I've tried zoning the house into rooms but the mapping - which they describe as being at 'beta stage' is very fiddly and even with rooms defined, no-go zones and invisible walls set up linke a crazy labyrinth the vacuum can't be trusted to just vacuum and go back to base. For $700 I expect the app not to be in the 'beta stage' - I expect it to work. And for $700 I expect to be able to tell the vacuum to do something and to be able to leave it safe in the knowledge that it will do the simple task of vacuuming a room and returning to base. Right now we are better off just manually vacuuming using our old $100 vacuum cleaner and using the $700 Roborock as a very expensive piece of artwork mounted on the wall. Disappointing.
Purchased in June 2020 for $679.00.
Very poorly made!
I have spent more time fiddling around with the robot than I would vacuuming my house! It constantly gets lost and doesn't map out the house very well! I cannot put it on and leave the house as it literally needs a babysitter.
Find out how Xiaomi Roborock S6 Pure compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
How easy is it to reset the map? We are moving in 3 months and want to use it now and in our new place.
Easy - in the robot settings under maps you can delete the current map and create a new one by remapping then house.
How does it go for mopping? Iv read a lot about how good it vacuums but not much on the mopping function (which is why Im looking for one to purchase). Thanks
Hello, Rachel! Thank you very much for your interest in our products. In response to your question, S6 Pure has a massive water tank capacity of 180ml - with an estimated mopping range of 150sqm. Once it cleans that specific area range, you may refill the tank and it'd proceed to mop again.
I loved the mopping function, it can't do heavy scuffs or ones that need elbow grease but its amazing for every day mess/muddy foot prints/small spills etc
does this product come with warranty?
Yes ! Standard Australian 12 months warranty
Get an answer from our members and Roborock representatives
The popular Roborock S6 Pure is marketed by Xiaomi as the revamped version of their S6 model, and is offered at a cheaper price of $799.
- Dual vacuuming and mopping functionality is afforded by a 180mL water tank, which can effectively clean a space up to 150 square metres in one go
- Designed with 7 built-in sensors, including a LiDAR (laser) sensor, fan speed sensor, dock sensor, dustbin sensor, anti-fall sensor, trapped wheel sensor, and wall sensor. Other convenient features that help the S6 Pure navigate a home include the bumper, vertical bumper, gyroscope, accelerometer, odometer and compass.
- Laser room mapping adds precision to your robot vacuum’s planned path
- Can be used to clean a variety of surfaces, including carpet, tiled floors and hardwood
- Selective room cleaning allows you to set zones which your robovac will clean (for example, one room or the whole house). You can also set ‘no-go zones’ or virtual walls to bar off certain areas, for example rooms will breakables like vases.
- Advanced noise control helps the S6 Pure remain quiet (50% quieter than the S5, according to Roborock)
- Schedule cleaning sessions using the Xiaomi Home App, so you can come home to sparkling clean floors
- Includes a dock charger, dustbin box, washable HEPA filter, water tank, water tank filters, moisture-proof pad, microfibre mop cloth, user manual and mobile app guide.
|Category||Robot Vacuum Cleaners|
|Bin Capacity||0.46 L|
|Features||Mopping Function and Wi-Fi Connectivity|
|Running Time||150 min|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1.5 year(s)|
|Release date||Jan 2020|
- GTIN14: 06970995781410
- GTIN13: 6970995781427
- MPN: SIXPURE
- Roborock S6 Pure Robotic Vacuum and Mop - Afterpay & Zippay Available
- Roborock S6 Pure Robot Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Mop Cleaner Mi Jia App AU Version
- Roborock S6 Pure Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Roborock S6 Pure Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner 3nd Mi Jia Generation 2020 AU Version
- Roborock S6 Pure Robotic Vacuum and Mop Cleaner Australian Model
- Xiaomi Roborock S6 Pure Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Other Robot Vacuum Cleaners
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.