Xtreme Hobby Online store

See the Best Toys & Game Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

trying to contact chad other than email

does anyone have a contact number so i can try to get my refund. He has stopped replying to my emails . With so many complaints how can he be in business still .

Morons! Beware scammers alert!!!

So I purchased a redcat racing everest pro, 1/10, 4wd, rtr rock crawler (green) off of ebay, item was purchased on the 29/07/19 (paid in full), was suppose to be delivered the 05/08/19 it's now the 15th of august and I haven't received my item, I have emailed them numerous times, with all of 2x responses stating they would be happy to post within a week when the items in stock or they would be happy to refund, its utter nonsense!! I have one very unhappy little boy and no present to show for. Lack of communication is absurd, false advertising is another downfall, don't state you have posted something and you haven't even got it in stock let alone posted the damn thing!!
Today I rang ebay and got a refund back into my paypal account, they ruled in my favour because they could see who was at fault! I definitely do not recommend these people or this online store ever!

Drone repairs

[name removed] who owns xtreme hobbies is a thief. We sent our drone to him for repairs in January 2019. It is now July 2019. We paid for the repairs & he still has the drone. He is not answering phone calls or emails. I have been ringing & emailing him for 7 weeks now with no response He did have a shop front in Wynnum & now it is an on line business. Come on [name removed...do the right thing & return our drone. That is all we want.
Jenny Richardson

September 19th 2019 Update: xtreme hobbies is a scammer-do not use this business in anyway...they will rip you.

I sent our drone to xtreme hobbies for repairs in January 2019.. I obtained a quote & paid for repairs up front. The business does not respond to emails & phone calls. X treme hobbies still has my drone. They prey on the unsuspecting. Do not deal with them under any circumstances.

Misleading Company

I ordered items from Xtreme Hobby last year (2018) via my wholesale account. The items got lost in transit. It took around two months for replacements. Then in April this year (2019) I ordered over $300 worth of items, which supposedly also got lost in transit. It's now July and I'm still waiting for my items. No-one answers their phones and I've only received two brief emails, which it seems were only biding time. I've now been told that the shop has closed down, contrary to what the owner and staff led me to believe. Not a happy chappy.

Finally a Refund

With the assistance of the Office of Fair Trading i finally received a refund. This could have been totally avoided through honest communication right from the start. It also confirmed for me to never buy anything online without using PayPal

Scammers!

Ordered two receivers online never received. When I rang and inquired where they were I was told the receivers are no longer made therefore no longer stocked. By the way the receivers (Futaba R617FS 2.4GHz FASST 7-Channel) are still on their website as available! Asked for my credit card to be credited back the money taken for stock that doesn't exist. This was in Dec 2018 after numerous phones calls and a visit to the store in April 2019 and many promises that I would be refunded - I am STILL waiting for a refund. Do not buy from these people they are liars & thieves!

Thieves, liars, fraudsters

What can I say. Paid for a product upfront and after many reassurances from this business received nothing but lies.

They even canceled the courier on the day of supposed departure.

Please Please don’t waste your time or money on this business

Thief

Enquired about purchasing a the Freewing A10. After talking to Chad was told in stock (lie) paid for over the phone. Its been over 12 months nothing. Similar to other complaints listed here. Once they have your money, no contact. Promised refund but just another (lie). I broke my own rule of only using PayPal. Taking legal action to get my money back

Do not I repeat do not buy from these scammers

I wish I read this before purchasing online from XTremeHobby as I among many others have had exactly the same experience. No response from emails or unanswered phone calls just to find out the status of the order. Order placed on 18th Feb 2019 and managed to get through once to be told to expect it mid next week which is now. Sent emails again to get a tracking number as it's Australia Post (supposidly) and no response. Called the Bank to get the payment reversed. Fingers crossed to get my money back.

Everyone needs to go all out to warn others of this scam and get them shutdown. I can't believe an Australian business can operate like this?

Update. Finally got my money back after engaging in spamming Social Media with negative comments. He must have finally seen them and contacted me. yes you heard right, he contacted me and i got my money the next day. What a shark. Can't believe he's still doing it.

Care Factor Zero

Xtremely disappointed online purchase no mention of out of stock after 4 weeks of emails and phone calls regarding shipping I was told it was out of stock and a refund would be issued after 2 weeks and mutiple phone / emails and promises still nothing I have instructed the bank to proceed with a transaction dispute. After informing them there response was We will just let the bank deal with it then.

Ripped off $1200

Purchased Freewing A10 through the website 17/05/18 $999 + $45 postage
Did not receive any response for 2 weeks so contacted the shop who said the item is out of stock. New stock arriving in 2-3 weeks. we will send you tracking numbers for the parcel delivery when available.
5 weeks pass no contact from xtremehobby.
Contacted store again. store owner said the model will be shipped direct from the manufacturer and will send me tracking numbers when gets a chance.
Several more weeks pass no contact from xtremehobby.
Contact store again.
Told they have my item in the local warehouse and will send it as soon as possible. requested they send me the tracking/consignment numbers when they can.
Few more weeks pass - its now mid September (paid for in May)
Contact store again. Sorry we can't ship item via Auspost due to size restrictions need to use courier - ok fair enough
store owner quotes additional $153 (on top of $45 p/h already paid) for courier services
Ok - sent additional funds
2 more weeks pass- no delivery no contact
Contact store again -store owner claims item was sent via courier and will find out what happened
I contact the courier service - no record of picking up item from Xtremehobby
attempts to contact Xtremehobby fail via phone and email
The whole process has been a nightmare
many times I have attempted to call the phone is not answered or on rare occasion the phone is answered I am advised the store owner will call me back - 5 months and many, many calls did I ever receive a call back - once
Odd how if I call from a different phone I get through but not from numbers I called from before
now taking advice from ACCC - formal request for remedy of service is on its way.
will take matter up with consumers affairs if not refunded in full.

Wish I had done more research before purchase as I would have seen the other reviews here and forums with many customers with similar experiences.

Buyer Beware

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. Promises the world delivers an Atlas(actually not even that). Ordered a plane on line which said was in stock but wasn’t. Rang, emailed 2 weeks later no initial replies then finally got through to say where's my order they said not in stock - [name removed] said you should have rung first!! So he said it will be here Monday. I said no thanks this sounds dodgy I’ll have a refund. He said ok and it’s on its way via PayPal. Two weeks later nothing so emailed etc no reply. Submitted a dispute/claim with PayPal. Xtreme Hobby said they would take liability and refund themselves (quote from PayPal). Then refund appeared BUT they cancelled it within seconds. Appears like refund but isn’t. PayPal thought dispute closed. PayPal not happy and have refunded my money. Buyer beware. Christmas present for my kid never came.