Yamaha EF2000iS

Yamaha EF2000iS

See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Yamaha Motor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.8
Al Vaiciunas
Al VaiciunasMid West, WA

Beware of this generator.

Purchased new in 2015. The machine ran well for a short. Next trip was harder to start and eventually would only run with choke over half way engaged. Clearly a fuel problem. Next trip the generator would not even start. Possibly a blocked jet. The total running time of machine would be about 5 hours.

Purchased in April 2015.

waste of money

i purchased one of these new in 2008 cost $2000.00 used it once or twice a year for about two weeks camping ran for about 4 hours a day done around 300 hours ,it leaks oil from crank case cost to much to repair been in touch with yamaha never heard any thing back .will never buy another yamaha anything they have not answered my email

Purchased in March 2008 for $2,000.00.

Other Generators

Brian c.
Brian c.asked

Would it do a 2.5 Kw VR Machine ?

ian
ian

I would never buy another YAMAHA anything my EF2000is started leaking oil after about 200 HRS. sent email to yamaha never ever had a response. I recommend B&S nearly half the price and more reliable

steveOmac

Hi Brian C, I doubt it very much. like I said it struggled with a toaster and nespresso machine. I reckon it'd be lucky to push out it stated 2kW.

Bert
Bertasked

I purchased a 2kva Yamaha generator last year, my son told me not to buy a Yamaha, the Honda are better. Now to my embarrassment I tried to have the Yamaha run my air-conditioner or fridge in the caravan we have just purchased and it will not run it, My son brought over his Honda 2kva and it ran with no problem. Can you please assist with how this problem can be rectified and why is there such a difference?

steveOmac

Sorry Bert, I can't answer specifically about your issue but I can tell you that I was disappointed it had trouble running a toaster and/or jug and my nespresso at the same time. It seemed way under powered for its stated capacity. I solved my problem and almost gave it away and bought a Chinese made remote start 8KVa generator (large & noisy) for a little more than the Yamaha and it ran the whole house! Like I said, I reckon it runs at about 1.6 and not 2Kva. For your fridge and air cond., it may run one or the other but probably not both.

CategoryGenerators