Yamaha EF2000iS

Yamaha EF2000iS

2.8

steveOmacsydney

Quiet, hard to start and a little underpowered

Recently got this gen for my store.. not very impressive designs... kindly think before you buy this better go for other choices ... dont waste money as i did .....

Brian c.

Brian c.asked

Would it do a 2.5 Kw VR Machine ?

ian
ian

I would never buy another YAMAHA anything my EF2000is started leaking oil after about 200 HRS. sent email to yamaha never ever had a response. I recommend B&S nearly half the price and more reliable

steveOmac

Hi Brian C, I doubt it very much. like I said it struggled with a toaster and nespresso machine. I reckon it'd be lucky to push out it stated 2kW.

Bert

Bertasked

I purchased a 2kva Yamaha generator last year, my son told me not to buy a Yamaha, the Honda are better. Now to my embarrassment I tried to have the Yamaha run my air-conditioner or fridge in the caravan we have just purchased and it will not run it, My son brought over his Honda 2kva and it ran with no problem. Can you please assist with how this problem can be rectified and why is there such a difference?

steveOmac

Sorry Bert, I can't answer specifically about your issue but I can tell you that I was disappointed it had trouble running a toaster and/or jug and my nespresso at the same time. It seemed way under powered for its stated capacity. I solved my problem and almost gave it away and bought a Chinese made remote start 8KVa generator (large & noisy) for a little more than the Yamaha and it ran the whole house! Like I said, I reckon it runs at about 1.6 and not 2Kva. For your fridge and air cond., it may run one or the other but probably not both.

CategoryGenerators