Yamaha F60C

Yamaha F60C

Lyndon and Aynslee

Lyndon and AynsleeSouth East Queensland, QLD

60 HP Four stroke EFI YAMAHA OUTBOARD - Power to Spare and Fuel to keep

My last outboard was a 30hp EFI four stroke on a tinnie 3.9 metre. I have just purchased a 60hp four stroke Yamaha EFI Outboard - on a new Run About 4.6 metre - I am so impressed with the amount of thrust to get up onto the plane. I am also impressed that on our recent holiday (first time with the new rig) the fuel economy was a tank a week. Simply amazing. I am so please that I have managed to make our sons happy whilst not costing the earth to run the boat.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

fisher480

11 years and 650 hours. No issues.

Mine is the old carby model (2003) and pushes a 4.8 metre plate boat. The best outboard I have owned. We have had three F60's in the family and all have been faultless. The newer EFI model;s are even better.
One minute I'll trawl for flathead and then go offshore. Fuel economy is amazing. I can smell a 2 stroke 300 metres away. As I said 11 years of saltwater use with no failures, no corrosion, no complaints. I will probably upgrade to an F70 soon but this old motor has been the best.
Reliable. Great fuel economy. Light weight. Easy maintenance. Plenty of service centres. Quiet. Smooth.

profisher
profisher

Fiaola Falima G.asked

Do I have to have a boat to be able to buy F25 Yamaha manual new model.

fisher480

What boat? Heavier then Suzuki 25-30Hp. Lighter then new F25. Depends also on who is a good local dealer. Even Tohatsu/Mercury 25-30hp are very good. Definitely go electric start. No Honda as they are still a car by model.

Fiaola Falima G.

It’s a 4m dingy. I’m having troubles trying to get just the motor as the dealer said to me that I need to have a boat for them to fit the motor on before they hand over the motor but the boat is not here in Australia hence I’m trying to buy just the motor and send it overseas to my father. But they won’t let me buy I don’t know if they’re trying to get me to buy a boat with the motor or...

Steve

Steveasked

What is the difference between the F60C and the FT60D? I am looking for 2 yammie 60hp 4 strokes for my 27 foot dive boat with a low transom so I guess the long shaft.

Get an answer from our members and Yamaha Motor representatives