Yamaha F60C

Yamaha F60C

60 HP Four stroke EFI YAMAHA OUTBOARD - Power to Spare and Fuel to keep

My last outboard was a 30hp EFI four stroke on a tinnie 3.9 metre. I have just purchased a 60hp four stroke Yamaha EFI Outboard - on a new Run About 4.6 metre - I am so impressed with the amount of thrust to get up onto the plane. I am also impressed that on our recent holiday (first time with the new rig) the fuel economy was a tank a week. Simply amazing. I am so please that I have managed to make our sons happy whilst not costing the earth to run the boat.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

11 years and 650 hours. No issues.

Mine is the old carby model (2003) and pushes a 4.8 metre plate boat. The best outboard I have owned. We have had three F60's in the family and all have been faultless. The newer EFI model;s are even better.
One minute I'll trawl for flathead and then go offshore. Fuel economy is amazing. I can smell a 2 stroke 300 metres away. As I said 11 years of saltwater use with no failures, no corrosion, no complaints. I will probably upgrade to an F70 soon but this old motor has been the best.
Reliable. Great fuel economy. Light weight. Easy maintenance. Plenty of service centres. Quiet. Smooth.

I've had at least 3 of the 60 four stroke's. I have had the gear boxes on all of them replaced because of gear failure. Since then I've updated to the F70 which has a bigger gearbox & have had no problems with it. The only problem is that they did not put grease on the driveshaft that goes into the powerhead which made it seize to the powerhead. It cost me $800 to fix the problem. Of course Yamaha did not want to know me. In the past I had an idling problem with my 225 four stroke. I had to buy an $850 part (IAC valve) from Yamaha which wasn't even taken out of the box as the problem was found elsewhere. I now have this expensive part in my cupboard probably never to be used. Yamaha have refused to take the part back. I consider this to be bad public relations especially considering that I've spent over $100,000 in the last 10 years using their motors & parts. Next time I need a new motor I will be using a different brand.