100% · 30%

JimboPerth, WA363 posts

Fuel Mizer

I was always a Honda man, but the F60 Yamaha has changed my mind. The fuel injection starts first turn every time, its quiet and fuel efficient. I am also impressed with the take off and torque. Show details
Lyndon and Aynslee
Lyndon and AynsleeSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

60 HP Four stroke EFI YAMAHA OUTBOARD - Power to Spare and Fuel to keep

My last outboard was a 30hp EFI four stroke on a tinnie 3.9 metre. I have just purchased a 60hp four stroke Yamaha EFI Outboard - on a new Run About 4.6 metre - I am so impressed with the amount of thrust to get up onto the plane. I am also impressed that on our recent holiday (first time with the new rig) the fuel economy was a tank a week. Simply amazing. I am so please that I have managed to make our sons happy whilst not costing the earth to run the boat.

Show details

fisher48053 posts

11 years and 650 hours. No issues

Mine is the old carby model (2003) and pushes a 4.8 metre plate boat. The best outboard I have owned. We have had three F60's in the family and all have been faultless. The newer EFI model;s are even better.

One minute I'll trawl for flathead and then go offshore. Fuel economy is amazing. I can smell a 2 stroke 300 metres away. As I said 11 years of saltwater use with no failures, no corrosion, no complaints. I will probably upgrade to an F70 soon but this old motor has been the best.
Reliable. Great fuel economy. Light weight. Easy maintenance. Plenty of service centres. Quiet. Smooth.
 Show reply

RAJL

When should the water pump impeller be replaced on an Yamaha 6C5, F60ET, L, 1050209, C ?

Jimbo

Every 100 hours or annually.

Thanks, Cheers.

Jordan B.
Jordan B.

Wat year is the F60ECT

Jimbo

Its a model, not a year. You should have an alpha code to denote the year.

Fiaola Falima G.

Do I have to have a boat to be able to buy F25 Yamaha manual new model.

fisher480

What boat? Heavier then Suzuki 25-30Hp. Lighter then new F25. Depends also on who is a good local dealer. Even Tohatsu/Mercury 25-30hp are very good. Definitely go electric start. No Honda as they are still a car by model.

Jimbo

Correct, Yamaha Australia will not allow crate engine sales. All engines must be fitted to a boat by the selling dealer.