Yamaha Soavo 900SW

See the Best Subwoofers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The back cover vibrates/resonates

These speakers have a very poor design, considering the money that I paid for them. I have a pair of Soavo 900SW, with a pair of Soavo 1 as front speakers and Soavo 3 as surround sound. I am happy with the entire system except the Subs. Although they sound good, the back cover and the electronics inside vibrate and make an annoying resonance sound with the beat which is there even at low volumes.

This is not audible when you are playing most music because of other sounds that muffle the vibration, but with some music or particularly movies, when there is just a beat or a low frequency sound (e.g. an earthquake), both of my subs make this sound. It is very annoying and after spending $15000 ($1600 each for the subs) on a Yamaha music system, I just want to throw the subs out
Energy Efficicient
Everything else. These subs are a waste of money.

Update: It's been five years since I have had these subs. The vibration has settled down quite a bit (or I have got used to them) but the subs, which are used very frequently and always on, have performed admirably. Despite the initial problems, they have proven to be very good quality and long lasting.

Stay away from Yamaha Soavo 900SW

I have a pair of these subwoofers, and paid AU$1500 each (retail is $2200 in Australia). Do yourself a favour and buy something else. I have an Energy subwoofer that I paid $300 for and are far better than these Soava 900SW Yamaha subs.

The main problem is that they rattle even at low volumes. The electronics inside is not designed well and vibrates when you are playing music or even worse during movies. Yamaha Australia's service, or lack of it, has been appalling. Being an Electronic Engineer, I know it is a design flaw, but they insist that I should take these 35 kg subs to their repair shop. Several visits later to Victoria Park (Perth), each taking over 4 weeks and no improvements.

It is a shame that the flagship speakers from Yamaha are such disappointment. You will be better off with any other subwoofer even in the sub $300 range.
The remote