Good top speed
Affordable maintenance costs
Rear drum brakes are weak
Seat uncomfortable for long rides
I hate it...
I just got this bike one year ago. I am in the garage more then im out side riding. it is to heave to even corner good. it's terrible in snow and sand. but if it is the price you are looking at that is still wrong because you will have hundreds of dollars to repair it ever time you ride
Heavy and reliability
Questions & Answers
How much does it cost?
I have a 2019 Yamaha ttr230 and after an hour of trail riding the bike cuts out and wont start after an hour or so.(it has been awhile since an oil change) does anyone know how to fix this problem or cool it off faster besides an oil change?
I have a ttr230 2014 model and when i adjust the chain it is fine but when i go for a ride one side pulls and the chain comes out of adjustment how can I fix this?
The Yamaha TT R230 sports a single cylinder, 4 stroke, air cooled 223CC motor. This is a carbureted motor which means this is a simple and low cost fuel feeding system, helping with a low cost of maintenance.
You also have an electric starter, 29.46cm (11.6 inches) of ground clearance, front disc brakes, and rear drum brakes. Standard tires include MX-Style wheels and tires, which means the TT R230 is ready to head off-road straight from the factory.
And for additional protection, you have rubber tubing protecting the suspension forks and seal, and grippy foot pegs that are designed to keep your boots secure to the bike in slippery conditions.
Points of Praise
- Great dirt bike for farm work
- Compared to its competitors, it has a better top speed, holds its value due to demand and is light enough to pick up if you fall off it or drop the bike in slippery conditions.
- A reliable bike, and easy for beginners to ride.
- Basic servicing is easily carried out by one’s self if you live in a remote area.
- Front light position angle hits too high off the ground, requiring a custom bracket to bring the light position further down to increase ground visibility
- Rear drum brakes can be weak, which can increase braking distances.
- Seat can get uncomfortable after a day of riding.
|Category||Trail Bikes and Learner Approved Bikes|
Visit official website
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.