Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom

Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom Questions & Answers

73 questions from our users

Kevin s.asked

Will a 2007 vstar 650 motor fit a 2006 vstar 650?

Savage Steel

Yes, Its the same motor and same bike.

Yes, bike is unchanged from its creation in 1998,

Kevin s.

Thx appreciate the feedback from you both

Kenneth B.

Kenneth B.asked

Will tryni g engine back words through timing Cain off?

Colten L.

Colten L.asked

Can I put 2005 yamaha vstar 650 exhaust on a 2003 of the sam model? Are the flanges the same size or would they be completely wrong

Caz F.

Caz F.asked

Hi. Will a 950 exhaust go on a 650?? Thanks in advance.

Jason M.

Jason M.asked

Should the fuel tank get hot after a 1hr ride on a 35deg day on my 650 Vstar I could hear pressure venting from the cap
Cheers

Savage Steel

Your fuel tank should not get overly hot, maybe warm from radiant heat emanating from the engine or ambient heat from the sun beating down on it. As for the pressure, it is normal especially in warm weather, the key is...do not over fill your tank, it need room for fuel expansion.

pjeaje

You don't need room for the fuel to expand. Regardless or the amount of fuel, it's the pressure that matters. All it means is the vent will release sooner.

jennifer m.asked

Will a v stat 950 fit in a classic 650 frame 02?

Pablo A.

Pablo A.asked

Can I put Harley Davidson screaming eagle slip-on pipes onto my standard 02 xvs 650 exhaust?

Mark C.

Mark C.asked

I have a 1999 Yamaha xvs 650a euro spec and would a later engine with AIS fitted work ok, or would i have to remove it. Thanks. Mark.

Carolyn H.

Carolyn H.asked

What year carbs will inter change with a 2007 vstar 650?

jennifer m.

I believe that any year from 99 and up will work,I have a set that need to be rebuilt ,if interested

Candy E.

Candy E.asked

How much does the Yamaha VSTAR 650 weigh with windshield and bags? Aprox.of course.

ronald

I owned a v-star 650 custom and it weighted 515 lbs and with side bags, windshield, sissy bar and rear rack it weighted about 540 lbs. The 650 classic weights about 540 lbs and with the above mentioned additions would likely total about 565 lbs or around there. Hopefully this information is helpful. Remember to always ride safely.

Justin Bubba M.

Justin Bubba M.asked

I'm trying to see what front end parts are interchangeable on my 2004 Yamaha v-star 1100 custom. I need new front forks and I found some from an 2006 650. Will it work?

jerry s.
jerry s.

The XVS650 only has a single front disc, the 1100 had twin discs so 650 forks only have a caliper mounting on one side.

Isaac R

Isaac Rasked

Is 41000kms too much on a Yamaha V-star 650 bobber for 4,600AUD?

Savage Steel

No, I bought my 2003 XVS 650 at 43000 last year, now has 48500 klm on it.

Hi Issac
I am an American so I will try to answer your question. I had to do a little calculating. Forty -one thousand kilometers is equal to 25, 476 miles and 4,600 AUD is equal to 3,248 US dollars. You didn't mention the year of the bike or if you bought the bike from a dealer or private party. However, that doesn't sound to bad of a price. It's a great bike I put over 80,000 kilometers on mind.

I regret selling my 650 and should have keep it as a second bike. The Yamaha 650 can easily with proper maintenance run well over 160,000 kilometers or 1000,000 miles.
Enjoy the bike and remember to ride safe and wear protective gear.

I currently ride a Yamaha 950, and I am very happy with it. Yamaha makes a good bike at a reasonable cost.

pjeaje

Ease up on the "remember to ride safe and wear protective gear" advice thanks Ron.

JLad

JLadasked

Anybody know what years are interchangeable with a 2009 Yamaha V Star 650 Classic? Im looking for a complete front end, Forks and all.

Doreen L

Doreen Lasked

I have a 650 Yamaha vstar 2006 I broke the carburetor. What carburetors interchange?

ronald

All the v-star year carbs are pretty much the same, the only difference is the float bowls on 06 and later models.

Shane Mac

Shane Macasked

Can someone recommend a good engine oil to use on the 2008 XVS 650? Thanks in advance.

Jenson

Jensonasked

Will a 2005 xvs650 exhaust fit a 2017 xvs650?

ronald

Yes. The bike hasn't changed since it's creation in 97 or 98.

Aman

Amanasked

I Am very confused among yamaha650 and Kawasaki Vulcan . Can U suggest me please?

ronald

The Vulcan comes in the 650 S and 903 models. The 903 models are very similar to the Yamaha 950 models. Great all purpose touring cruisers created in the 2008-2009 era. The Vulcan 650 S is a new model I think created in 2015 very sporty cruiser. It's a little smaller but sportier then Yamaha 650 (1998). However, it is much more modern. I hear that the Vulcan 650 is a great bike.

Petra

Petraasked

I got a v. Star 650 cruiser the front carb is intermittent failing. Changed spark plugs changed fuel filter and drained carborater still no good. Any help?

ronald

I would take the carburetor apart and clean it with carburetor cleaner. If that doesn't work I would replace the carburetor.

Joe

Joeasked

What is the difference between a XVS 650 classic Yamaha MY15 to a MY18?

Rod

Rodasked

How to remove a riser on a 2017 vstar after the bottom bolt head snapped off?

Get an answer from our members and Yamaha Motor representatives