Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom

Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Xvs650 custom. \m/

I own a 2010 custom. Vance and Hines short shots. 4inch risers 6 inch risen bars. Dyno tuned and re jet. These bikes are brilliant. Couldn't ask for anything better. Handling is awesome and the power is there. Has no trouble blowing a hd 883 iron from start to finish. With almost 50hp at the rear wheel who could complain. Never had a drama with it and parts and upgrades are cheap and well made. Yamaha you did a mint job.
Everything about it is great handling. Pricing fuel consumption. A+++++++++

Dave

Dave

first cruiser

ronbuffalo, New York

650 v-star custom

Date PurchasedApr 2012
ron

Absolutely Fantastic -My dream machine.

Smooth,Great on highway,Handles well with plenty of grunt- Quick accelerating, Great looking- Nice + low to ground, easy to mount. Great for the ladies. Just perfect. Great for cruising as well as round town.
Had lots of Bikes but this has to be the best.- I cant find a fault in it. Very Happy.

Shaz
Shaz

Hi there, would this bike be a good first bike for a learner who is only 5"4?

Slandb
Slandb

Shaz I've just bought the classic and love it. I'm a learner too and only 5 foot 3, and have no trouble with handling the bike. The only thing I needis a windshield as I find it very windy ..

Guest72

Guest72South East Queensland, QLD

Great LAMS cruiser!

Being a larger male 6'6 I found this bike to be a great investment for a LAMS cruiser.
Comfortable ride, nice big bike with a decent bit of power.
Sound is better with baffles removed.
Average fuel consumption is around 280km - 300km per tank depending on how you ride it.
The clutch might need some adjusting as I some troubles with the bite point.
Size, price, looks great with all the chrome polished, rides great,
Clutch cable may need some tightening, the bite point for the clutch is very late, N can be a bit sticky at times, front tyre is annoying to check

How did you go about removing the baffles - sounds like an old 2 stroke trick.

philmac

philmacBrisbane

Comfy Ride

The xvs650 is perfect for for a easy ride up the highway. Economy is good, once you get moving she's very stable,though not that confident around twisty bends: its a cruiser. Breaks are right for this bike. Power is good for this level of bike. The seat is comfy and the handle bars are well placed. I do about 200ks a week which cost me about $15 a week; great value.
Great value at around $10,000 au. And the dealer gave me a quality leather jacket!
The speedo is out by around 9ks

Good

DoreenHellHole

DoreenHellHole

Great Bike for LAMS

Bought this bike in May 2011 to use on my L's and restrictions. My first bike and have been very happy with it. I will upgrade to a larger bike when my restriction period is over, but could easily keep it if all my friends didn't have Harley's. Yes, I will buy a ME TOO bike.

Perfect bike to start out on and re-sale value is excellent. I don't think I'll drop more then $500 for a years use...now thats great value.

I highly recommend the V-Star to anyone wanting a LAMS bike or even a great cruiser when off LAMS.
Great beginners cruiser.
The very average star thing on side....Yamaha, if your reading this....Leave it Black, and also a matt black option would be good.

shmuel kahlany
shmuel kahlany

What oil we need for xvs650?

macca8175
macca8175

can't decide if I should buy this or the honda vt 400.And what's the fuel consumption like on the yamaha

Good

a great bike to get your twowheeled wings on. well built comfy sporty looks great and best of all reliable.
Still gets street cred, a great alternative to starting on a 250 sport bike. Able to commute/cruise long distances and still be rather comfortable and most of all enjoyable. handles and responds well for a cruiser with its relativley light weight in its category
once you get used to the power of this LAMS approved cruiser, you just need/want MORE

Great bike. Rides well. Excellent cruiser for the low price. Love the 2009 xvs 650 and would recommend to anybody!
Great handling. Good speed from lights. Looks great. Gets plenty of sideways glances.
Clutch tension is a little off.