Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom

Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Yamaha Motor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5

Great Bike!

Bought an 03 Vstar 650 Custom as a birthday gift for myself (50th). Great for riding around town, I find myself cruising for hours to destination nowhere. Took it to Sturgis for the 2018 Black Hills Rally and had the time of my life. Needles highway was a blast and so is Iron Mountain Road, they were perfect for smaller, lighter cruiser bike like the Vstar 650, handled the twisties and tight turns like a champ.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Awesome

I want to put vance and hines cruzer pipes on my yam 400xvs.
    Will they fit? Ive been told its risky as they are slightly different.
    One place said they will refund if theres absolutely no scratches whatsoever when fitting them.
    Should i take the risk?
    Any help and advice please

Date PurchasedJuly 2003

Its a keeper.

I bought my 2011 650 Custom a few yrs ago, when i retired from work,and has given me hrs of sheer pleasurre. The first thing I did was to change the pipes for Vance and Hines Cruzers, it gives it an awesome tone, and has more than enough power for one old bikie.
    Glyn.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
    evdogg
    evdoggAU

Love it, Great reliable bike with enough go

It is what it is. A LAMS approved mid sized cruiser. But it does highway speeds comfortable plenty of power to overtake at 110km without being scary. Light and nimble for cornering. Well balanced. Great resale value. Love this bike. It's no big Harley but for what it is it is great. No problem blowing off a commodore or falcon. It is a great beginner bike. I am thoroughly impressed. I Put cobra boulevard 2" dragster pipes, rejected carby, baron big air kit, 4" forward control extensions and some Viking saddlebags . It will serve me well until I get my full license.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Bobby
    BobbyClackamas

Piece of "Doggy Doo Doo", too small and underpowered!!

LS0
    LS0

Good mid-size no-frills V-twin cruiser

Not fancy, just a plain-jane cruiser. Lots of after-market parts so you can change the seat, controls, exhaust, etc to whatever you like. If you hunt around, you can get some great prices on these bikes. Very reliable. It's not a very exciting motorcycle but it gets the job done.

Great for getting back in the saddle.

First bike after 30 year, perfect size and weight. I sit on 130 km to work and have road trains (semis with 4 trailers @120 kph. I don't notice being moved as they pass just the hit in the chest by the wind. So a very stable easy to ride bike. After a week i would have liked a bit more power but even if i bought the bolt i would be feeling the same.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
    Clara V.15 Nov 2021
    smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
    How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
    Clara V.30 Nov 2021
    how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
    Scream'in Jimbo
    Scream'in Jimbo

Pretty good but not as good as everyone says...

JohnCl
    JohnClSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant second hand bike

You will see that I have posted
    For the laro street pro, and the hyosung Aquila 650, out of all 3 this is a perfect bike for a lams and bike I will keep for a long while. I bought it with 27k got it serviced and it is running beautifully. I am 6'2" seating position is great and very very comfortable. My only issue with this is the manual choke and no fuel gauge other than that I highly recommend it.

Manual choke, no fuel gauge

philmac
    philmacBrisbane

Comfy Ride

The xvs650 is perfect for for a easy ride up the highway. Economy is good, once you get moving she's very stable,though not that confident around twisty bends: its a cruiser. Breaks are right for this bike. Power is good for this level of bike. The seat is comfy and the handle bars are well placed. I do about 200ks a week which cost me about $15 a week; great value.
    Great value at around $10,000 au. And the dealer gave me a quality leather jacket!
    The speedo is out by around 9ks

Good

Good

a great bike to get your twowheeled wings on. well built comfy sporty looks great and best of all reliable.
    Still gets street cred, a great alternative to starting on a 250 sport bike. Able to commute/cruise long distances and still be rather comfortable and most of all enjoyable. handles and responds well for a cruiser with its relativley light weight in its category
    once you get used to the power of this LAMS approved cruiser, you just need/want MORE