Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom

Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Yamaha Motor? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5
    ronald
    ronald

I used to own a 650 custom. I loved it and put over 50,000 miles on it. Great first bike.

Yamaha makes a good bike!
    I, now ride a Yamaha v-star 950. I have put over 16,500 miles on my 950 since I bought it, (August 2017). I love this bike! It's a great looking, light and stable riding machine. It's a great second bike. It's the perfect size bike, powerful, light and stable. If your looking for a bigger and more powerful bike then the V-Star 650. I highly recommend the V-Star 950 Tourer if you are an experienced rider looking for a good all purpose cruiser/touring bike that is affordable. If you are a new rider or a rider with limited experience then the Yamaha 650 custom would be an excellent first bike.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
    damia12345
    damia12345QLD, 4127

Great ladies bike or learner bike

Love my V-star 650 Custom it has the power I need plus the looks to make heads turn, It's a great learner bike as it handles well and is very comfortable over long distances. I've ridden it to Ayers rock and to Cairns from Brisbane. It has a god size tank and only needs filling after 250 km + a tank normally sets you back about $20.00 AU, I'm not tall and this is a great bike for short people. If your tall you can fit put rider pegs to give your legs stretch room. Ive seen the bike tricked out for men too and it does look good.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

Becks
    BecksNewcastle

New to riding and love the bike

Hi, I'm 46yo and have just bought my first bike, a 2017 XVS650 custom. At first I was apprehensive about buying a cruiser to learn on but had a few mates that had this bike previously and reassured me it was a great bike to ride. I've only had it for 3 weeks and have found it to be a great ride and really comfortable, there is plenty of power going through the gears and it pulls up easily. I don't have any problems turning at low speed, ie going around roundabouts or turning at intersections. It is a great learner legal cruiser and would recommend it to any new rider. My next wish list is some new pipes to give it a more unique sound.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
    Art
    Art

Good bike

The biggest cruiser available for L platers - I knew it is going to be fun and it did deliver! Easy handle and powerful enough to keep a rider entertained a few first months / years until full license. Even after full - quite a few people keep it. Did 20000k within 2 years on the bike, never had any issues.

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Find out how Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom compares to other Cruiser Bikes

Had mine for 4yrs love love love it .

Very reliable never let me down have done 15000 ks never missed a bet . Lots of chrome. Paint good love my flames. If I have anything bad to say it would be the mirrors have trouble keeping them tight .highly recommended if you are interested in getting one go for it !!

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
    Ryan
    RyanBrisbane

Simply..wonderful.

I bought my XVS650 just before Christmas as a gift to myself. I could not be happier with this bike. It has a wonderfully smooth, torquey engine, great riding position, decent lights and switch gear. The low center of gravity makes it a joy to ride and tour on.

This is no café racer. It is a bike with long legs for cruisin'. It is the perfect bike for someone who would like to ride a Harley, but is limited to a LAMS bike. Having said that, I don't think that I would get sick of this machine and it could well suit me for years to come.

(I am a rider returning after 20 years and need to go back to a LAMS machine. Previous bikes that I have owned include RD400, BMW R65, Z1100 and Ducati 900).

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Nice n easy

I recently purchased am XVS Custom , awesome Lams bike handles great easy to ride comfortable as, it's got more then enough grunt for its smaller engine capacity sits on 120 kph (70 mph ) no worries at all love it haven't had any clutch probs once I got used to it and it brakes pretty good I suppose it's a lot on what you're you want and what you're expecting as for me more then pleased

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
    Clara V.15 Nov 2021
    smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
    How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
    Clara V.30 Nov 2021
    how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
    Bobby
    BobbyClackamas

Piece of "Doggy Doo Doo", too small and underpowered!!

Roley
    RoleyAdelaide

Fun Sporty Bike

Noel
    NoelSydney

Great bike

Iv had my 2013 v star 650 custom for a few weeks now and I couldn't be happier its a perfect bike for learners. Its very reliable and holds its own with the big boys (few mates have Harley 48's and 883's) and mine looks fine beside them.
    If your on your L's which most people that buy these are one thing i didnt know was the classic model is slightly bigger than the custom so if your going for size go the classic! Most come with modifications done to them such as V&H exhaust and handle bars which to the letter of the law aren't legal but hey nothing cool ever is really.

• Selected Review

Best all around bike for me

Scream'in Jimbo
    Scream'in Jimbo

Pretty good but not as good as everyone says...

Find out how Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Custom compares to other Cruiser Bikes

One of my better decisions

Xvs650 custom. \m/

I own a 2010 custom. Vance and Hines short shots. 4inch risers 6 inch risen bars. Dyno tuned and re jet. These bikes are brilliant. Couldn't ask for anything better. Handling is awesome and the power is there. Has no trouble blowing a hd 883 iron from start to finish. With almost 50hp at the rear wheel who could complain. Never had a drama with it and parts and upgrades are cheap and well made. Yamaha you did a mint job.
    Everything about it is great handling. Pricing fuel consumption. A+++++++++