Yamaha V-Star XVS650A Classic

Yamaha V-Star XVS650A Classic

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Harry

HarrySavage River Tasmania Australia

Brilliant Motorcycle

I bought my XVS 650 V Star Classic Cruiser 10 months ago and I have never been happier with a motorcycle. It has plenty of power to get me around with lots of hill climbing torque. It is happy to cruise around at 60 mph and can go to 65 mph but the vibrations set in after that. I have toured on this bike with a lot of gear and it just takes it all in its stride with no problems at all. I love riding this motorcycle and I would buy another one of of them.

Purchased in January 2006 at Bought privatly.

Xtro

XtroAdelaide

Great first bike

I'm 54 just got back into biking after 30 yrs,can't go wrong with the xvs650 reliable,strong,easy to work on and customise and the ride is spot on but needs another gear,great learners bike ànd looks good.

Mileage 11,000 km

She’s my Harley Quinn

So...I have been motorcycles since I was 13 years old....I am now 55 years old. I have owned a CBR600
F4I a Vrod and a Sportster with a 1200
CC engine. I now own and ride my 650 VStar which I bought used. The bike has a windshield and after market pipes. I rode this thing from IL to CO in two days. The bike never missed a beat. 55 MPG but top speed......was 75 MPH. That’s enough on interstate 80. I stayed at 70 most of the time. The forks are too soft and the bike needs another gear. The power is ok and the clutch sucks. Other than that....she’s a great bike. Another gear more power and stiffer suspension and it’s a perfect bike. I am 55 and weigh 180 pounds. I love this bike.

Purchased in March 2017 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $1,500.00.

Nightcraft Bobbers

Nightcraft BobbersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have owned Many -Great Bike

We have customized over 250 Yamaha XVS650 Classics and Customs. These bikes are the Toyota Corolla of the bike world. They are pretty much indestructible. Parts are easy to find and are cheap. There are also more and more custom parts and features becoming available for this model. Could do with an extra gear on the highway. But definately the best LAMS approved bike.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

got mine about 2 mths ago loving it..made a nice tank bib and sides for it..love it ride it ..great bike for learners nice ride, can anyone tell the difference in a 2009 classic vstar 650 to a 2017 classic star 650? have they changed much becouse they all look the same to me..

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Tobi16

Tobi16Darwin

Great bike - not just for ladies or learners

Bought this as a near new second hand to replace the 250 Virago. The 650 is used as a daily driver to travel to work and back. Also used on weekend rides.
Excellent low centre of gravity and very stable in cross winds
Surprisingly good fuel economy
Comfy saddle - the whole bike is no frills, but oozes class.
I really really wish it had a sixth gear; the bike wants to keep pulling away in fifth but just starts getting too revvy.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Ozbax

Ozbax

Perfect for what it is.

As far as value for money goes, the XVS650A is awesome. Bike looks good and has a high quality finish. Comfortable ride with a relaxed riding position. Over time you may yearn for a bit more power - it is a LAMS bike after all, but is still more than adequate.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Yafster

YafsterJackson, MI

Just Picked Up My New Toy

I am a returning user to the motorcycle world after a 27 year absence, I just picket up my 2009 Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Classic, under 700 verified miles on the clock, condition is 99.99% perfect ( small scuff on front fender). The bike is stock and I have got my shopping list ordered and waiting for the postman or woman to drop of my goodies. Even stock it is getting some admiring looks. It looks much bigger than a 650 and handles like a kitten. Very happy to be back in the saddle.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Andrew.H

Andrew.H

mixed feelings

riding this bike was a experience and fantastic to learn on however mine went through 3 clutches in 6 month period buying a brand new classic from the dealer which broke my heart I can fairly say I would be still riding that bike today as it's certainly a bike you feel badass on for a learner

Date PurchasedJan 2017
fimamu10

fimamu10Byron Bay

If you are going to M1, don't buy it

Bought a 2014 and I was extremely happy while using it on the Gold Coast at 80Kph max to do the home-work commute. As soon as I moved to Byron and started riding it much more on the M1 than in town the frustration started to happen. At 100Kph the rev was already high and then at 110kph I would say that it was screaming. Also, my hands would get numb after 15 minutes riding at that condition. Apart from that the bike was very stable and comfy to hide. Perfect bike for learners. Seating position was very relaxed, easy to do the corners and lots of power in low torque. Fuel economy was around 20Km/l. Anyway, I am happier with my scooter Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie for the M1 ride...believe or not.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

DoitWithDan

DoitWithDanWhakatane

Great Learners Bike

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great bike and cheap on parts.

I bought this bike 2 years ago in a decent state and now I've converted it to a bobber. It was cheap to do and easy to install new parts. There are a lot of options out there for making your bike different to others and get the heads turning. Couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

anneandsparkyHunter Region, NSW

Second time around

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Absolutely love it!

I bought this bike after my husband passed away as a bit of therapy. It has outperformed anything I've owned before, runs on the smell of an oily rag, and is very low maintenance as well as being the most comfortable bike I've owned. This bike has been a gem, although a little on the heavy side - note to self don't park it on a boggy lawn because the side stand sinks in and you have to try to lift up a beast while you're slipping around! lol

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Teddles

Teddles

older riders

I have just bought my first bike a Yamaha xvs 650 perfect for a learner I love it I am 71 yrs old you are never too old.Ted. looking forward to getting on a Harley.dont know why I waited so long to ride I live in a retirement village and they think I am crazy.

Shaun

Yamaha V Star 650 Classic

MikeyBadelaide

Yamaha V Star 650 classic

MikeyB

I just added engine bars and highway pegs. Its amazing for long distance trips. By adjusting your feet position it changes your butt position. Long distance riding is awesome now.

MikeyB

I have hit the 2 year mark of ownership. Faultless and stll looks brand new. Quality build. The V Star is a premium build and designed to last.I trust this bike and recommend you seriously consider it

Rexx Velvet

Rexx VelvetHuntsville, Arkansas

Very Happy

I bought this bike a 2007 with 2700 miles on it, I have ridden this bike on an 80 mile long trip with the wife on the back on 70 mph highways and Ozark hills. The bike handles like a much bigger bike and It looks awesome, I couldn't be happier.