2Yamaha V-Star XVS650A Classic

Comfort
Handling

Matt B.
Matt B.South East Queensland, QLD

First bike and im in love!

This is my first bike and I've been done around 5000kms. She's an absolute dream to ride! I've been using it as my daily driver since getting my license and I couldn't be happier. She cruises all day at 120km/h and its small enough to lane filter. Really comfy riding position and I can trust she will keep going and going for thousands of kms. Excellent beginner bike and i can see many happy memories being made on this bike! Show details
Overall
Bundy P.
Bundy P.The Mallee, VIC

Excellent Value

Excellent beginner and experienced rider motorcycle. Low seat height and adequate power. If you accept that this a cruiser and not a sports bike than you will love it. Lots of aftermarket parts. I've done the exhaust and added sissy bar and saddlebags. The luggage makes it a comfy all day cruiser. Show details
Overall
Harry
HarrySavage River Tasmania Australia83 posts

Brilliant Motorcycle

I bought my XVS 650 V Star Classic Cruiser 10 months ago and I have never been happier with a motorcycle. It has plenty of power to get me around with lots of hill climbing torque. It is happy to cruise around at 60, 65 mph all day. I have toured on this bike with a lot of gear and it just takes it all in its stride with no problems at all. I love riding this motorcycle and I would buy another one of of them. Show details
Xtro
XtroAdelaide3 posts

Great first bike

I'm 54 just got back into biking after 30 yrs,can't go wrong with the xvs650 reliable,strong,easy to work on and customise and the ride is spot on but needs another gear,great learners bike ànd looks good. Show details
Tim Parsons
Tim Parsons

She’s my Harley Quinn

So...I have been motorcycles since I was 13 years old....I am now 55 years old. I have owned a CBR600
F4I a Vrod and a Sportster with a 1200
CC engine. I now own and ride my 650 VStar which I bought used. The bike has a windshield and after market pipes. I rode this thing from IL to CO in two days. The bike never missed a beat. 55 MPG but top speed......was 75 MPH. That’s enough on interstate 80. I stayed at 70 most of the time. The forks are too soft and the bike needs another gear. The power is ok and the clutch sucks. Other than that....she’s a great bike. Another gear more power and stiffer suspension and it’s a perfect bike. I am 55 and weigh 180 pounds. I love this bike. Show details
Braking
Acceleration / Power
Gear Shifting
Suspension
Nightcraft Bobbers
Nightcraft BobbersSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Have owned Many -Great Bike

We have customized over 250 Yamaha XVS650 Classics and Customs. These bikes are the Toyota Corolla of the bike world. They are pretty much indestructible. Parts are easy to find and are cheap. There are also more and more custom parts and features becoming available for this model. Could do with an extra gear on the highway. But definately the best LAMS approved bike.

fvf
fvf

got mine about 2 mths ago loving it..made a nice tank bib and sides for it..love it ride it ..great bike for learners nice ride, can anyone tell the difference in a 2009 classic vstar 650 to a 2017 classic star 650? have they changed much becouse they all look the same to me..

Tobi16
Tobi16Palmerston, NT23 posts

Great bike - not just for ladies or learners

Bought this as a near new second hand to replace the 250 Virago. The 650 is used as a daily driver to travel to work and back. Also used on weekend rides.

Excellent low centre of gravity and very stable in cross winds

Surprisingly good fuel economy

Comfy saddle - the whole bike is no frills, but oozes class.

I really really wish it had a sixth gear; the bike wants to keep pulling away in fifth but just starts getting too revvy.

Ozbax
Ozbax4 posts

Perfect for what it is

As far as value for money goes, the XVS650A is awesome. Bike looks good and has a high quality finish. Comfortable ride with a relaxed riding position. Over time you may yearn for a bit more power - it is a LAMS bike after all, but is still more than adequate.

Yafster
YafsterJackson, MI

Just Picked Up My New Toy

I am a returning user to the motorcycle world after a 27 year absence, I just picket up my 2009 Yamaha V-Star XVS650 Classic, under 700 verified miles on the clock, condition is 99.99% perfect ( small scuff on front fender). The bike is stock and I have got my shopping list ordered and waiting for the postman or woman to drop of my goodies. Even stock it is getting some admiring looks. It looks much bigger than a 650 and handles like a kitten. Very happy to be back in the saddle.

Andrew.H
Andrew.H10 posts

mixed feelings

riding this bike was a experience and fantastic to learn on however mine went through 3 clutches in 6 month period buying a brand new classic from the dealer which broke my heart I can fairly say I would be still riding that bike today as it's certainly a bike you feel badass on for a learner

fimamu10
fimamu10Byron Bay4 posts

If you are going to M1, don't buy it

Bought a 2014 and I was extremely happy while using it on the Gold Coast at 80Kph max to do the home-work commute. As soon as I moved to Byron and started riding it much more on the M1 than in town the frustration started to happen. At 100Kph the rev was already high and then at 110kph I would say that it was screaming. Also, my hands would get numb after 15 minutes riding at that condition. Apart from that the bike was very stable and comfy to hide. Perfect bike for learners. Seating position was very relaxed, easy to do the corners and lots of power in low torque. Fuel economy was around 20Km/l. Anyway, I am happier with my scooter Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie for the M1 ride...believe or not.

DoitWithDan
DoitWithDanWhakatane

Jimmy_Jack
Jimmy_JackAU

Great bike and cheap on parts

I bought this bike 2 years ago in a decent state and now I've converted it to a bobber. It was cheap to do and easy to install new parts. There are a lot of options out there for making your bike different to others and get the heads turning. Couldn't be happier.

Apsmith