Regret this purchase now :(
I got this from Harvey Norman $145. While the price is good - it's not much better than a bluetooth portable speaker.
No treble control, or midrange. Very muddy and basic functions are only available via the (buggy and outdated) Yamaha app.
Those who say it's an improvement on the TV speaker? Well that's just stating the obvious.
Heads up - I doesn't work properly lay flat. For those who say it does - try facing it toward you, it's like a whole new speaker. (but still massively underwhelming).
A good Soundbar but not without issues.
Retails for ~$300 but I don't think this is good value for money. I bought the Yamaha ATS1080 on Ebay (which I believe is identical) and paid $230 from Australian supplier.
Sounds alright until you turn it up too high when the sound gets very muddy - which is probably to be expected for the price but doesn't gel with all the glowing reviews.
Pretty decent bass for a unit without a separate Sub once Bass Expander mode turned on.
Looks good and appears to be well made.
Quite a few good software features.
Has an undocumented auto-volume leveling "feature" which resets volume to pre-determined level at every power cycle which is really annoying if you prefer it to remain somewhere else....
Questions & Answers
Would this work with a bhaun 4K tv from Aldi?
I don't know why it wouldn't. My smart TV has an Arc HDMI port. If the TV you have has this, use this port to connect to the sound bar with an HDMI cable. Do some research on the soundbar and TV brand if unsure
Get an answer from our members
- Designed with Virtual DTS:X technology, which offers a multi-dimensional sound experience that simulates surrounds sound, while being much more affordable than soundbars with Dolby Atmos
- This soundbar is wall mountable, with installation helped along by built-in keyholes and a gyroscope, which alters the direction of sound according to whether the soundbar is positioned horizontally or vertically
- Bluetooth connectivity offers wireless music streaming and easy connection with an Amazon Echo device, so you can use Amazon’s Alexa for voice commands
- Bluetooth Multipoint allows you to connect two devices to the soundbar simultaneously
- Can be controlled via Yamaha’s Home Theatre Controller App from your smart device, or by using your existing TV remote control
- Connects simply to your TV using a single optical cable, and also offers HDMI input (through separately sold HDMI cables). The YAS-108 can also play 4K Ultra HD content through HDR pass-through and HDCP 2.3.
|Features||Amazon Alexa built-in, DTS Virtual:X and Wall Mountable|
|Connectivity Options||Bluetooth, HDMI, HDMI ARC and Optical Port|
|Number of HDMI Ports||2|
|Soundbar Dimensions||53 x 890 x131 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Black|
- GTIN13: 4957812635127
- MPN: YAS108B
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.