Great Bass and overall sounds, however Voice is muffled!
Great bass and overall surround sound however voice clarity of spoken dialogue is terrible.
The voice is muffled and sometimes inaudible, only when I turn off the SoundBar and return to the TV Speaker do I get a boost of the voice clarity back to standard level.
I would like a refund however am not sure Harvey Norman will refund based on this feedback, I wouldn't buy this unless you want to watch movies like The Expendables with minimal talk and massive explosions.
Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $195.00.
Good quality sound but connection via ARC is painful
The sound quality of the Yamaha YAS-108 is fantastic for the price and easily matches the $1000 5 year old sound bar it replaces. Sound clarity does suffer at louder volumes but this soundbar is more than adequate for bedroom or smaller lounges or lounges with lower ceilings. As a bonus the YAS-108 was able to be connected to my existing sub woofer for fantastic window rattling base. Its surround sound mode is fairly ineffectual but the stereo mode is where the strengths of this soundbar lie. The connection via HDMI ARC is extremely painful a...nd needlessly difficult. Yamaha is a long way behind Samsung and Sony in this regard. I had to search the internet to get consistent sound out of the soundbar as when I connected as described in the manual the soundbar would loose its setting and have to be reconnected everytime you turn the TV on and off.
Purchased in April 2019 at Officeworks for $220.00.
Questions & Answers
Would this work with a bhaun 4K tv from Aldi?
I don't know why it wouldn't. My smart TV has an Arc HDMI port. If the TV you have has this, use this port to connect to the sound bar with an HDMI cable. Do some research on the soundbar and TV brand if unsure
Get an answer from our members
- Designed with Virtual DTS:X technology, which offers a multi-dimensional sound experience that simulates surrounds sound, while being much more affordable than soundbars with Dolby Atmos
- This soundbar is wall mountable, with installation helped along by built-in keyholes and a gyroscope, which alters the direction of sound according to whether the soundbar is positioned horizontally or vertically
- Bluetooth connectivity offers wireless music streaming and easy connection with an Amazon Echo device, so you can use Amazon’s Alexa for voice commands
- Bluetooth Multipoint allows you to connect two devices to the soundbar simultaneously
- Can be controlled via Yamaha’s Home Theatre Controller App from your smart device, or by using your existing TV remote control
- Connects simply to your TV using a single optical cable, and also offers HDMI input (through separately sold HDMI cables). The YAS-108 can also play 4K Ultra HD content through HDR pass-through and HDCP 2.3.
|Features||Amazon Alexa built-in, DTS Virtual:X and Wall Mountable|
|Connectivity Options||Bluetooth, HDMI, HDMI ARC and Optical Port|
|Number of HDMI Ports||2|
|Soundbar Dimensions||53 x 890 x131 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Black|
- GTIN13: 4957812635127
- MPN: YAS108B
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.