Simply amazing for the price - an awesome soundbar
So impressed with this soundbar for the price; Great sound, loads of options for tweaking sound. Had a 6 year old $700 surround system rated at 500W with 5.1 dts, 5 large speakers + subwoofer. Then bought the Yamaha to save space.
The yamaha 1080 is awesome for home theatre and I got to dump 5 speakers for one low silhouette bar, that is easy to hook up (think one cable). And the sound is excellent without paying $1000. Great bass, easily customisable sound options with its remote control. Audiophiles will complain, but for home/family - perfect. Its 120W speaker output is more than enough for even old metal heads like myself :)
Just great value for the money, clear sound, best value soundbar in its price range.
Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $270.00.
Great first soundbar
I love the base and the sound.
I think for the price and built in dual sub Woofers with Bluetooth 5 and HT controller app I cant complain at all.
Hands down their best value for money and quality sound bar.
The app allows fine control of sub woofer and has dedicated modes for viewing content.
Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $135.00.
Wow first soundbar
The sound bar has a fantastic sound no more tinny TV speakers do yourself a favor and grab one you won't regret it love love love it easy set up.
Purchased for $199.00.
Great value and performance
Having a reasonably high quality HiFi system and speakers, I wondered of I needed to improve the sound quality of my TV viewing by adding a sound bar. I could easily have connected the TV output to the Yamaha Receiver but wanted something permanently attached and easy to actovate. And I didn't want to spend too much money. Having done a bit of research on what was available, I chose the Yamaha YAS-108 and at the price, I couldn't be happier. I'm sure there are many other sound bars with much better sound but not at anywhere this price. Highly recommended.
Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $199.00.
Find out how Yamaha YAS-108 compares to other Soundbars
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
Would this work with a bhaun 4K tv from Aldi?
I don't know why it wouldn't. My smart TV has an Arc HDMI port. If the TV you have has this, use this port to connect to the sound bar with an HDMI cable. Do some research on the soundbar and TV brand if unsure
Get an answer from our members
- Designed with Virtual DTS:X technology, which offers a multi-dimensional sound experience that simulates surrounds sound, while being much more affordable than soundbars with Dolby Atmos
- This soundbar is wall mountable, with installation helped along by built-in keyholes and a gyroscope, which alters the direction of sound according to whether the soundbar is positioned horizontally or vertically
- Bluetooth connectivity offers wireless music streaming and easy connection with an Amazon Echo device, so you can use Amazon’s Alexa for voice commands
- Bluetooth Multipoint allows you to connect two devices to the soundbar simultaneously
- Can be controlled via Yamaha’s Home Theatre Controller App from your smart device, or by using your existing TV remote control
- Connects simply to your TV using a single optical cable, and also offers HDMI input (through separately sold HDMI cables). The YAS-108 can also play 4K Ultra HD content through HDR pass-through and HDCP 2.3.
|Features||Amazon Alexa built-in, DTS Virtual:X and Wall Mountable|
|Connectivity Options||Bluetooth, HDMI, HDMI ARC and Optical Port|
|Number of HDMI Ports||2|
|Soundbar Dimensions||53 x 890 x131 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Black|
- GTIN13: 4957812635127
- MPN: YAS108B
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.