Not suitable for vegetables
I'm updating a previous review where I rated highly.This product got rid of my millipedes, and while at Bunnings I was advised to use this product and that it is ok for vegetable patch, just looked at Yates website and they say that Baysol is not suitable for food crops. (don't you hate small print on packets, who takes reading glasses into the garden)
It works but TOXIC!
I was sick of having my tomato plants eaten by snails and other insects.. Yates Bayer Baysol was recommended to me.. so far I have not had any snails, but my dog seems very attracted to it... maybe it is the smell I'm not sure, so I have stopped using it and I'm using a chilli garlic spray.. all natural. I have been using more than recommended amount and so far it seems to be as effective as the Baysol.
So with the risk involved because of the toxicity I've chosen to go natural.
If you do not have any pets and can somehow keep it away from animals it probably is OK to use... but then you have birds!
Stay away from this product. No later than a day after I scattered the baysol in my garden, I found a beautiful song thrush bird rolled on its back with its feet twitching in the air. The poor thing managed to regain its senses and fly away once I rolled it onto its feet. No doubt baysol played a role in this as 'spasms' is a side effect of ingesting this product. Though the package stipulates that the product is coloured blue to deter birds, this does not stop birds ingesting snails contaminated with the poison. Looking through the Internet I...found numerous websites which warn against the use of products with methiocarb as it leads to death animals which ingest affected snails. Do the environment a favour and buy a product without methiocarb. There are other snail and slug pellets made from an iron complex which are much safer and will not kill pets or wildlife if accidentally ingested. The snails also find a place to hide and die, so you're not left with lots of dead snails out in the open that can be ingested by birds anyways. Costs less too!
Very good for the millipedes
This is a very good product when used and stored with care. We were in danger of being over run by millipedes until we found and started using this product. A small amount sprinkled in the gardens was all that was required for great results. Will continue to use this.
Does what it is supposed to do.
Idiots can misuse it or store it unsafely.
My dog narrowly escaped with his life after eating this stuff, after a terrible night of fitting, vomiting, drooling agony. The bittering agent they put in it is obviously not enough to put a hungry dog off. Why on earth don't Yates sell it in a dog-proof container? Is a few extra cents profit too much to lose for the life of our pets?
It kills dogs
Your product is probaly a great thing. I never use it because I have animals. My friends dog died a horrible death after eating it. I was a vet nurse for 4 years and to many times have I seen this happen. You need bigger warnings. As People just don't understand.
Pet warnings should be visible on the front.
Questions & Answers
Sorry, there are no questions yet.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.