Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on

Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on (page 4 of 5)

2.5

GardenLoverManly, Brisbane

The clover is doing really well

Have been using Weed 'n' Feed for many years and it has always worked. Recently I did 3 treatments as each one didn't seem to work. Bought a new bottle as I thought something must be wrong with the formula. The end result was that the clover and every other weed did really well. So I have abandoned the product and dug out each weed individually. I contacted Yates and they said they would be in touch, but never heard from them.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
UpSide Steve

UpSide SteveBrisbane

Genie won’t leave the bottle

I bought two 4 litre bottles of Weed n Feed, and attached each to my garden hose (with Neta brass couplings) in turn. Neither bottle would siphon successfully. Yates, please tell us what the ideal laboratory conditions were that allowed for the successful dispensing of this product, so that we can recreate your experience. I have not only wasted $30, but now also have 8 litres of hazardous waste I need to dispose of responsibly. Thanks a million. While not as helpful as a reliable, operational applicator, it would be good if Yates included a mix ratio on the bottle. This way, the consumer could apply the product at the correct concentration with another spray rig when the Yates unit fails.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Green thumb

Green thumbGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nothing comes out of bottle!!!

I would love to be writing this review to tell you Yates Weed 'n' Feed was terrific but I can't!!! I tried using my first bottle but nothing came our so I bought another bottle thinking that it was just a faulty bottle, the next bottle was exactly the same. I now have two bottles an can't get a drop of it onto the lawn.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

charlie007AU

The bottle of the Yates Weed and Feed is detective

charlie007

Definitely would not recommend.

I used the granules product. I didn't kill any weeds but managed to kill my grass. I am now having to go through the hassle of trying to get the grass to grow again. My lawn looks awful! The weeds are just about all that's left. I am so disappointed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Lyn H

Lyn Hmelbourne

Worst application bottle ever

I purchased this product . After getting wet I have come looking for hints. I followed the instructions on the bottle yet I only got wet, and the level in the bottle has remained the same! As I have read below many other people have the same issue. So what now I ask. Did others try a watering can? Or just purchase a different product?

Alan Dunn

Alan DunnMAITLAND

Perfect lawns and easy to use.

I buy two 4l bottles of Weed n Feed every year to do my yard. it's very easy to use - just pop the black cap up, plug in the hose - turn on the tap and away you go.
You can see results in a few days and after two or three weeks the weeds are being driven out by the floiurishing green lawn.

The one tip I will give people is that you need to use Gardenia or Neta hose fittings. Pope fittings are not compatible.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Yates R.Yates

It's good when it works.

Is there a knack for spraying weed n feed. I keep spraying as per instructions and level never seems to move. Ended up spraying with container just about upside down. This is not the first time either. Even had the one that plugs the hole for you. When it eventually gets on the lawn it is a good product, just not easy to use. Asked some friends for instruction assistance but apparently they all have the same problem.

Yates R.Yates

The black screw in adapter is wrong fit.

I just used this product and was quite excited I attached my pope hose adapter to it flicked up the hard to do clip at the front.
Turned the hose on and all I got was water everywhere on me and not the long lovely front spray that's advertised.Tried three times and ended up socked and not even sure if the fertiliser even left the bottle.
Next time think I just buy powder as this product was a waste of time.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

GailGladstone

Hopeless - doesn't empty.

This is the second Yates hose- on product I have purchased from Bunnings that did not disperse as it was supposed to. In fact after connecting up to my hose several times and using various pressures, the container level remained the same. All I achieved was to water my weeds! The first product was bindi and clover killer and after the same results, I ended up mixing it from the bottle into a watering can. Only then did I get spasmodic results and because of the size of my lawn, it took several hours to do. I am an elderly lady living alone and wanted an easy fix for my lawn. Come on Yates, pick up your game!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Disaster

Based on the advertising.......and with signs of clover appearing in my lawn...having spent dollars on landscaping some 3 years ago...applied weednfeed as per instruction...........................Now have brown grass and flourishing clover...agghhhhhhhhhh..The nature strip outside the property was not treated and is lush and green.........
Now facing having to outlay for a new lawn.........

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Jeff

Jeff

It killed my Lawns.

freddy

freddyIllawarra, NSW

The best lawn weed and feed I have ever used.

Have tried many different lawn food and weed killers. I can truthfully say that Yates Weednfeed is the best product for my purposes.It is easy to use and mixes consistently, and the results speak for themselves,lovely green weed free lawns Just remember to lift the black cap before you turn the hose on and you cant go wrong.

ACor

ACor

Super easy to apply

Easy to apply, but you must lift the black nozzle cap right the way up! Great coverage. Used on a new lawn that can't take my regular weed killer. I'm waiting to see how the weeds die back. If it works in the next week or so I'm sticking with this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Gordy

GordyPerth, WA

Some clown is responsible for changing the design & composition of the spray nozzle now black previo

I have used this product over many years and found it effective in eradicating the weeds the product information said that it would and was pleased with the manner the spray worked giving a good and even spray. This Black spray nozzle is a complete and utter loss with the spray going just everywhere. The container with the BLACK nozzle is a push on arrangement so I cannot fit the GREEN nozzle off my previous Weed N Feed container that had a screw on type arrangement. The Green nozzle worked perfectly as all the others did. I think that it is time for Yates to go back to the drawing board and solver this disaster of a nozzle. By the way I purchased an opposition product today fitted with a decent spray nozzle!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Albinus

AlbinusDarling Downs, QLD

Best designed dispenser of the lot

While the product is a little pricey compared to the competition, the design is spot on. No "tool" and having to place your fingers in certain spots while praying to a deity in the hope the venturi works. Just unclip the cover and away you go.

I can't understand other people's hassle connecting it to a half inch hose attachment. That said, I only use Gardena or Pope attachments as I've had too much grief over the years with generic ones either not sealing properly or having a short operational life.

Only note is not to use on buffalo or other broad leaved lawns as it will quickly destroy them.

This stuff works

Have used it and no weeds in the last 3 months
bought in november, sprayed in december, only comment would be do not spray on high pressure - medium - so you can spray more of your garden.
complaints wise - everything has grown a little too well. so more work for me in the garden.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
oldie

oldieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless

Elena Salv

Elena Salv

Bad connection with back spray

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Al Roper

Al Roper

Finicky nozzle attachment

Updated review. Please make a better nozzle connector. The nozzle fits well on some attachments, but is far from fool proof. It took 3 hoses for me to find one that did not either pop off or back spray me as well as the lawn. I guess that it is hard to put a lot of money in the one use deposible part, the nozzle connector, but if you are unlucky, it can be annoying and time consuming.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
See all Yates Weed 'n' Feed Liquid Hose-on reviews

michael b.

michael b.asked

What if it rains the next day after a application of weed and feed , will it affect the outcome

Jaye

My weed n feed did not work at all no rain.

Honest Reviews

The obvious answer is that it has likely washed off the plants, and will be less effective if at all. One should pay special attention to the weather much the same way farmers have to be very careful about the days they spray crops. Weed and feed is effective against many weeds, be aware that some take over a week to see an outcome and some weeds will need a second spray regardless. Some weeds have waxy coatings and the water beads straight off them to begin with. An all rounder weed killer may not necessarily be the best solution to a very sick and infested lawn, but after years of use (Regular once every 2 months) it most definitely keeps a lawn more clear of various weeds - when compared to my neighbors same lawn, it is night and day. A re-application in a weeks time wouldn't go astray.

Also, keep in mind if you have very specific weeds, some can be VERY hard to get rid of, particularly in the middle of winter. Oxalis is a prime example. It has waxy leaves, very fragile (can't pull out the root) has "explosive" seed pods which help it spread, and loves the dew and low light of winter. There are specific weed killers to target said weed. But even then its waxy leaf gives it a significant amount of protection from sprays and its basically impossible to get rid of once established (without damaging the lawn itself). Consider identifying the weed types you have, and then check to see if a "cheat" all-rounder like "weed and feed' is actually the best solution. (In the case of most ignorant people hoping for the best but subsequently complaining - this is usually the problem).

Goodluck.

Peggy C.

Peggy C.asked

Does Yates Weed &Feed kill sheep sorel and yarrow????

Jaye

Idont think it kills anything, my weeds are still looking healthy

Sueasked

I am not sure of the type of lawn/grass I have =-- maybe some buffalo and some kyikuya I need to feed and weed it but the Yates Feed and Weed says not to use on Buffalo.. Help. I also have drying circles developing which may be lawn grub or another pest. It seems there are little round lumps of dirt around the areas (bit like rabbit dropping size) but I'm not sure if that is just from worms of ???? Can you please give me some advice.

Hi Sue.

When I used to use this product on my old lawn. It definitely had some form of buffalo in it - I don’t know exactly what it was. But it was buffalo like... It never hurt it. My advice is to take some of your lawn cutting to a nursery and see what they say - after all many of them have a degree in this field. And while your there, buy some of their product to support someone other then bunnings!

If your lawn has been very damp, you can get dirt mounds caused by earth worms. A sign of a healthy soil. If you have red wasps during the day, little brown moths at night, or the fluffy brown nests under your eves. Caterpillars on your driveway, or a small black beetle, You have grubs. You will need to treat for these ASAP. Army worm/beetle can devastate lawns within days.

Follow instructions, if you treat only once, you will fail to break the life cycle of the grub and they will be back in weeks. Multiple applications and preventative measures are critical for maintaining a healthy lawn.

All that being said. It can’t hurt to get a small bottle and spot spray a 2m squared section. Monitor it over a week and see how it goes. Failing that, there is a buffalo friendly version of weed and feed....

Patience is key with lawns. And remember. We are heading into cooler weather and therefore cooler soil temps. The time for lawn Reno’s is spring. A light fertilization now with some weed and grub control should get you through to spring.

Goodluck!

Sue

Many Thanks. Very helpful.

Get an answer from our members and Yates representatives