Optus Home Phone

Optus Home Phone (page 2 of 6)

1.6

JenikaphMelbourne

DO NOT USE OPTUS

sue

sueAdelaide

Terrible customer service especially for elderly people

My mother has a home phone with optus and over the last 12 months it has been out of service for up to 4 days a week and was off for over two months at one stage. She has had no help at all at the optus shop and the wait on the phone to try and call them is up to 1.5 hours. They also don't seem to understand that you cant call if your phone does not work. I finally got progress with the online chat but the fight about billing for non provided service is still continuing. It seems that they are deliberately making is impossible for older people who don't have access to internet to contact customer service.

Damo

DamoBrisbane

Shocking customer service

Landline not working for 3 weeks. Three service calls from Optus , technicians didn’t turn up 3 times , over it , cancelled landline.

Good Grief

Good GriefPerth

Completely and utterly useless.

Try and get through to someone...anyone at optus is simply impossible. There are no humans actually employed by them. They are just a bunch of automated voices on the phone giving you instructions on how to contact them which just directs you to more automated voices. So you go round and round in circles never achieving anything! Its like you are stuck in some mad maze which has no beginning or end. Dont bother they arent worth the effort.

lucky

luckySydney, NSW

Bad bad bad not happy

I needed a home phone to replace the very old one after 26 years and I was told I would have to go to the shops to buy another one they don't provide them anymore how bad is that after being with them since optus rolled out there ugly black wires. Not good for older people I am 73 years old now I don't want a mobile phone they should still give landline phones free to the elderly.

Brian AmosSouth East Queensland, QLD

OPTUS SHORT FALLS FOR PENSIONERS OF AUSTRALIA

still not any better service from Optus 3 months on

Gary

GaryBrisbane

Just very slow

It is just very slow, no one there to pick up your phone and the online chat has been asking me 6 times of my personal details just to check my phone connection.

Diabolical complete disaster

Cynthia

CynthiaHunter Region, NSW

Optus, dodgy, horrendous, incompetent and don't care

My partner had his identity stolen and a Apple iPhone and Iwatch put on a plan under his name now Optus are refusing to remove the charges from the bill and expecting us to pay for it over the last 5 months we have contacted Optus by chat, and phone call more than 30 times and with no resolution.

We are also supposed to be on a $80 plan which includes unlimited internet etc. Our bill per month is more than $400!!!

Their internet speed is total garbage it disconnects more than a dozen times a day and they say that is totally normal and they can not do any thing about it as we are getting the greatest deal.

We are now going through the ombudsman to try and get away from this dodgy company.

BAD, BAD & #%*%$

Can't rate it, I have been without my PAID service for nearly 2 months. Willing to pay for the service man but he must be lost. My optus mobile service is non existent in the house so I need to go outside to make calls. I have a heart condition and worry I can't call for help.
If I was not in a new optus contract with my internet and I could afford to lose the money it would cost me to change providers I would.

Optus Incompetence And No Care Factor!

Online chat help is horrible - Warner

If u ever get Warner on online chat beware. 3 hours this guy humbled around and had no idea what he was doing. Worst service ever. He eventually transferred me to a phone operator who fixed it in ten minutes.

gerry161

gerry161Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They have blocked or is faulty some calls.

Spent 2 hours with 2 people in the Philippines last Friday as a Government department were unable to connect to my home phone when it rang when I picked up there was just static. The told me so much rubbish such as the DHS were using a Fax to call me and I had blocked the number, however they do not send number so I could not block it anyway. Still not fixed...not happy.

Carlolo

CarloloMelbourne, Victoria

Disgraceful Substandard Service

BecGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be aware of extra costs and credit reporting.

Galahguy

GalahguyPerth, WA

TERRIBLE SERVICE

I have static/noise on my landline making my home phone unusable. Tried the Optus chat with their "technical support" (hah, what a joke!) & after being transferred finally got a person who seemed to understand the problem & was to do a line test. She had all my contact details, phone no's etc. The network connection went down so I lost her - she didn't bother, it seems, getting back to me. Tried 3 times to get back via their chat but each time I got connected to somebody, & when I explained my problem, was promptly disconnected with the standard message that they hadn't heard from me! Wasted about 90 minutes on this. I can't phone on my mobile because I'm in a black spot for coverage so have to rely on my landline when at home.

Jos

Jos

$60 bundle offer

Matthew. O

Matthew. OMelbourne, Victoria

A Terrible Ordeal

After a certain turn of events that removed my original Optus account due to their own negligence, I tried to have said account reinstated. It took days for Optus to inform me that I needed to sign up under a new account and contract. This would entail a new modem being sent out so I could access the internet. The problem, however, is the fact that the modem never showed up. In fact it took 21 days for Optus to notify me that the modem was not coming. They did not state why - so I contacted them. Hours later, I am informed that they can no longer give me the internet because apparently they have run out of ports.

This level of incompetence is baffling. I strongly urge others to stay away.

Serg

SergSydney, NSW

Internet speed slower than a turtle

Wifi signal is very slow using optus AC modem ADSL. 1.20mbps download speed and 1.00upload speed. But at least i can use the internet. Why is Australia so far behind on technology?

Joan

Joanasked

I made an overseas call on landline yesterday. How can I find out how much it cost?

Bec

You can just call Optus and they can give you a time and a cost, don't let them tell you they can not as they can ok. But you will be suprised as I have mad calls to Croatia and it's been cheeper to phone by land line than these $10 overseas cards you can use from any phone and less numbers to enter.
Always remember if your bill is to high to ask for an extension,/ payment deal that have to honor your change in surcomstance.
Wishing you the best Bec xo

Teresaasked

i joined the phone plan yesterday but i don't want this phone anymore,can i return it and change the tariff package?

Teresa

it's a mobile plan, iPhone6s, 86 dollars per month.

If I can change the plan, what should I do and how much should I pay.

one-tel
one-tel

Are you talking about a home phone plan or mobile plan? There is a big difference between the 2, if you give me a bit more information I might be able to help you. You don't need to give any names/address/or any other details just plan type cost and what type of bundle plan you have got.

phone plan,iPhone6s,86 dollars per month