1.6

11% · 14108 · 84%

Good Grief
Good GriefPerth, WA5 posts

Completely and utterly useless

Try and get through to someone...anyone at optus is simply impossible. There are no humans actually employed by them. They are just a bunch of automated voices on the phone giving you instructions on how to contact them which just directs you to more automated voices. So you go round and round in circles never achieving anything! Its like you are stuck in some mad maze which has no beginning or end. Dont bother they arent worth the effort.

uncle
uncleSydney, NSW4 posts

Bad bad bad not happy

I needed a home phone to replace the very old one after 26 years and I was told I would have to go to the shops to buy another one they don't provide them anymore how bad is that after being with them since optus rolled out there ugly black wires. Not good for older people I am 73 years old now I don't want a mobile phone they should still give landline phones free to the elderly.

Brian AmosSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

still not any better service from Optus 3 months on

Chunpeng Zhai
Chunpeng ZhaiBrisbane36 posts

Just very slow

It is just very slow, no one there to pick up your phone and the online chat has been asking me 6 times of my personal details just to check my phone connection.

Rene’e
Rene’e

Geoff
Geoff

BAD, BAD & #%*%$

Can't rate it, I have been without my PAID service for nearly 2 months. Willing to pay for the service man but he must be lost. My optus mobile service is non existent in the house so I need to go outside to make calls. I have a heart condition and worry I can't call for help.

If I was not in a new optus contract with my internet and I could afford to lose the money it would cost me to change providers I would.

Wayne
Wayne

Pete
Pete

Online chat help is horrible - Warner

If u ever get Warner on online chat beware. 3 hours this guy humbled around and had no idea what he was doing. Worst service ever. He eventually transferred me to a phone operator who fixed it in ten minutes.

gerry161
gerry161Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC224 posts

They have blocked or is faulty some calls

Spent 2 hours with 2 people in the Philippines last Friday as a Government department were unable to connect to my home phone when it rang when I picked up there was just static. The told me so much rubbish such as the DHS were using a Fax to call me and I had blocked the number, however they do not send number so I could not block it anyway. Still not fixed...not happy.

Carlolo
CarloloMelbourne, Victoria8 posts

Bec
BecGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC22 posts

Galahguy
GalahguyPerth, WA42 posts

TERRIBLE SERVICE

I have static/noise on my landline making my home phone unusable. Tried the Optus chat with their "technical support" (hah, what a joke!) & after being transferred finally got a person who seemed to understand the problem & was to do a line test. She had all my contact details, phone no's etc. The network connection went down so I lost her - she didn't bother, it seems, getting back to me. Tried 3 times to get back via their chat but each time I got connected to somebody, & when I explained my problem, was promptly disconnected with the standard message that they hadn't heard from me! Wasted about 90 minutes on this. I can't phone on my mobile because I'm in a black spot for coverage so have to rely on my landline when at home.

Jos
Jos11 posts

Matthew. O
Matthew. OMelbourne, Victoria3 posts

A Terrible Ordeal

After a certain turn of events that removed my original Optus account due to their own negligence, I tried to have said account reinstated. It took days for Optus to inform me that I needed to sign up under a new account and contract. This would entail a new modem being sent out so I could access the internet. The problem, however, is the fact that the modem never showed up. In fact it took 21 days for Optus to notify me that the modem was not coming. They did not state why - so I contacted them. Hours later, I am informed that they can no longer give me the internet because apparently they have run out of ports.

This level of incompetence is baffling. I strongly urge others to stay away.

Serg
SergSydney, NSW5 posts

Internet speed slower than a turtle

Wifi signal is very slow using optus AC modem ADSL. 1.20mbps download speed and 1.00upload speed. But at least i can use the internet. Why is Australia so far behind on technology?

MissyFishy
MissyFishyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Chris Salder
Chris Salder

Shocking, worst service and company!

Since august I have been trying them to actually send me bills, they havent, so I get reminders for bills never received, to date I have spent over 5 hours on the phone trying to sort this out and another 90 mins on internet chat today, the log on system for my optus logs in and back out, they reset your password and the new one doesnt work, and now I cant even get my bill emailed because there is a reset in the system, one that isnt working, so sick and tired of this crap, its not my job to make sure i get billed!

Oh and this is for a business account, not home.

Jonny Jones
Jonny Jones

Time to walk away

I have put up with their appalling service for way too long, and feel like a fool for doing so. I'm old enough and cranky enough to do something about now.

Nett
NettAdelaide5 posts

Communications

I am continually receiving feedback from family members that our home Internet service is soooo slow especially when a game is downloading for example.

Another hiccup is when it is necessary to make a phone call using our home phone, this will automatically cut internet service off, thus leading to not being able to continue with needed phone call as user of on-line is annoyed that service has ' dropped out'.

Hideous Optarse

Optus is so bad it defies me to write it down. They are more than happy to sell you product, but instead of resolving problems they give you a phone that doesn't work and put you in a corner to talk to customer disservice. Bondi Junction store absolutely sucks. Now sadly the worthless cretins have turned of the home phone and internet. Now no phone, no internet and no idea when? Run a hundred miles from these morons. If all goes well O K if not go and buy some booze before sitting on the phone for 90 minutes.

Chris
Chris

Money hungry company with no empathy to me

Optus has suspended our home line service without any notice I'm very appalled with this company they show NO empathy and no understanding to my situation what happens if someone wants to contact us or we need to contact a family member not possible now they only care about $$$ they send demand letters if the account is overdue I'm not all happy with the way they have treated us!!

RJE
RJEVictoria

appalling

Time Wasters!!!

On hold for over 30 minutes even though they have outsourced their phone service to cheap overseas operators. We have made multiple hour long phone calls this week and no joy. They promise to return your call and don't. Or you wait days for them to do so. On moving to our new home we were promised direct transfer of our optus package but they didn't and now what to charge an extra $50 for the SAME service.

We are still waiting for a phone response ANGEL. Please phone us today to sort out this mess!!

I would appreciate a call from an Australian OPTUS executive!!!

AL !!
AL !!Metropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Hopeless Internet

I have been contacting with optus for the last few months about the poor internet speed.

I have had every check and every excuse in the book!!

Download speed is next to useless, worse than dial up speed of years gone by!

They use to be so good!!!....If the internet could be re historic this is it !!!

Just come back from Singapore and the hotel free wifi speed is years ahead of Optus!!!

Ram
Ram

Terrible Service

A simple setting of "Direct-Debit" doesn't work and I have to repeat details every month with them with no success.

PC1
PC1

Worst customer service experience I had in a long time

To summarise my 'terrible' Optus experience in the last month re land line not working:

-Home phone not working for nearly one month

-6-8 (30-40 minutes) calls from my mobile to make complains/place a request for technical service

-They fixed it and same issue again the following day

-Case manager ordered technician and asked me to wait for a the entire afternoon: no service. No call. Wasted time.

-Internet included in plan very slow and it disconnects very frequently

-Would I recommend Optus to anyone? NOOOO!

Janet
JanetSydney, NSW6 posts

No home internet and/or home phone for past 2 months

I'm so disgusted with the lack of service & incompetence of Optus & Telstra. For past 2 months we have had ongoing problems with no home phone or internet working. We have made approx 30 phone calls to their technicians & support area who regularly promise to fix things. We go thru the rigmarole over & over unplugging cables & back in like they tell us. We buy a new modem, they sent out several technicians to check the cables, lines & the local area. All to no avail. We have contacted the telecommunications ombudsman a month ago, but still nothing. Having to use our phones & a dongle instead.what a farce!!

Emma
Emma

Ted
Ted

Stay away from Optus

Signed up for home phone/broadband bundle - previously with Telstra for land line & TPG for ADSL. Was supposed to connect 3 days ago but have been without phone/Internet since then. Trying to get through on tech support number requires waiting between 30mins to an hour & twice have been put through to billing (after ringing tech support number) which required a further wait while they put me through to tech support. Keep getting different stories from different people & problems still not resolved. they are very friendly & helpful at sales but once you've signed up OPTUS will give you no after sales support.

Jade
JadeMelbourne3 posts

Worst Customer Service

Internet drops in and out, when you call them they say "What do you want us to do, we cant do anything, you connection is fine". We are running a bookkeeping/accounting business from home, and this has made us fall behind in work, as we mainly work using the internet,

Gatvol
Gatvol

Call centre scam

I have optus mobile and (will based on the service offered by their call centers). NEVER get an optus home phone. Optus is slow and unreliable. Beware! Optus call centers are DESIGNED to waste time, infuriate callers and not to solve problems. You have now been warned - sign up at your own risk!

C.HMelbourne3 posts

Amtech
AmtechMooloolaba4 posts

Will find another phone company

Internet always overloaded during business hours, slow and drops out. Long time problem. No landline for several weeks now and no explanation why as we have an internet connection on the same line. Maybe we complained too much? Long time customer and on time payer. How will this company stay in business and pay for the expensive advertising on TV!

terry
terry

Bad service & staff that lie

We have been trying to have a voicemail service removed from our home phone line for 2 days. This is a service that we put on our home line without our knowledge and certainly not at our request. We have spent at least 6.5 hours over the two days waiting to have calls answered, we have spoken to at least 5 different people and been assured the voicemail would be removed. We have been promised call backs, a 4 to 24 service turnaround and guess what some 36 hours later we still have voicemail on our phone! We are tired of being lied to, fobbed off and not getting our issues addressed.

Bill
BillSydney

No landline for nearly four weeks

Optus are hopeless as far as I'm concerned. They're blaming the weather in NSW - heavy rain. How come our next door neighbour has landline also with Optus, working ok. Technician came last week said "It's a line issue will ring you back - still hasn't. Our Local Member is trying to assist, but no luck so far. We had the same trouble last year and it took several days for the landline to be fixed. At least we get free service for the time we're without landline. This time we are going to change from Optus -looking for a reliable one. Have to wait for a week for the next technician to come. What's the point he'll probably say the same thing! I'm m not holding my breath!

Doug

JennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts

singh
singh

Crap terible custmer relation service 0 star

Terrible service from last 7 months for business phone & internet bundle sick & tired by calling customer service, cracking noise on landline internet badly slow dropping down regularly. They are unable to fix problem but never forgot to send bill on time. So please don't go with this crap ever & customer relation people they don't know how to speak with client or how to resolve the problem.

HARRY GILL
HARRY GILLSpringvale

OPTUS Very poor service

I had optus home phone and internet bundle, phone is alright but net service is very poor. its not playing video clips on social media like facebook & whatsapp , its buffering, buffering and buffering ,I talk to customer service so many times they said your are in congestion area , our technician putting note about that but do not when it gona to improve, what a service taking money but not providing service what they promise. I am writing review for community, be aware these type of greedy companies . I personally never go with them again

one-tel