Optus Home Phone

Optus Home Phone (page 3 of 6)

1.6

MissyFishy

MissyFishyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ongoing problems

Shocking, worst service and company!

Since august I have been trying them to actually send me bills, they havent, so I get reminders for bills never received, to date I have spent over 5 hours on the phone trying to sort this out and another 90 mins on internet chat today, the log on system for my optus logs in and back out, they reset your password and the new one doesnt work, and now I cant even get my bill emailed because there is a reset in the system, one that isnt working, so sick and tired of this crap, its not my job to make sure i get billed!
Oh and this is for a business account, not home.

Time to walk away.

I have put up with their appalling service for way too long, and feel like a fool for doing so. I'm old enough and cranky enough to do something about now.

Nett

NettAdelaide

Communications

I am continually receiving feedback from family members that our home Internet service is soooo slow especially when a game is downloading for example.
Another hiccup is when it is necessary to make a phone call using our home phone, this will automatically cut internet service off, thus leading to not being able to continue with needed phone call as user of on-line is annoyed that service has ' dropped out'.

Hideous Optarse

Optus is so bad it defies me to write it down. They are more than happy to sell you product, but instead of resolving problems they give you a phone that doesn't work and put you in a corner to talk to customer disservice. Bondi Junction store absolutely sucks. Now sadly the worthless cretins have turned of the home phone and internet. Now no phone, no internet and no idea when? Run a hundred miles from these morons. If all goes well O K if not go and buy some booze before sitting on the phone for 90 minutes.
Peter Mills

Money hungry company with no empathy to me

Optus has suspended our home line service without any notice I'm very appalled with this company they show NO empathy and no understanding to my situation what happens if someone wants to contact us or we need to contact a family member not possible now they only care about $$$ they send demand letters if the account is overdue I'm not all happy with the way they have treated us!!

RJE

RJEVictoria

appalling

Time Wasters!!!
On hold for over 30 minutes even though they have outsourced their phone service to cheap overseas operators. We have made multiple hour long phone calls this week and no joy. They promise to return your call and don't. Or you wait days for them to do so. On moving to our new home we were promised direct transfer of our optus package but they didn't and now what to charge an extra $50 for the SAME service.

We are still waiting for a phone response ANGEL. Please phone us today to sort out this mess!!

I would appreciate a call from an Australian OPTUS executive!!!

AL !!

AL !!adelaide

Hopeless Internet

I have been contacting with optus for the last few months about the poor internet speed.
I have had every check and every excuse in the book!!
Download speed is next to useless, worse than dial up speed of years gone by!
They use to be so good!!!....If the internet could be re historic this is it !!!
Just come back from Singapore and the hotel free wifi speed is years ahead of Optus!!!

Terrible Service

A simple setting of "Direct-Debit" doesn't work and I have to repeat details every month with them with no success.

Find out how Optus Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

Worst customer service experience I had in a long time

To summarise my 'terrible' Optus experience in the last month re land line not working:
-Home phone not working for nearly one month
-6-8 (30-40 minutes) calls from my mobile to make complains/place a request for technical service
-They fixed it and same issue again the following day
-Case manager ordered technician and asked me to wait for a the entire afternoon: no service. No call. Wasted time.
-Internet included in plan very slow and it disconnects very frequently
-Would I recommend Optus to anyone? NOOOO!

Janet

JanetSydney, NSW

No home internet and/or home phone for past 2 months

I'm so disgusted with the lack of service & incompetence of Optus & Telstra. For past 2 months we have had ongoing problems with no home phone or internet working. We have made approx 30 phone calls to their technicians & support area who regularly promise to fix things. We go thru the rigmarole over & over unplugging cables & back in like they tell us. We buy a new modem, they sent out several technicians to check the cables, lines & the local area. All to no avail. We have contacted the telecommunications ombudsman a month ago, but still nothing. Having to use our phones & a dongle instead.what a farce!!

Optus have lost the plot

Stay away from Optus

Signed up for home phone/broadband bundle - previously with Telstra for land line & TPG for ADSL. Was supposed to connect 3 days ago but have been without phone/Internet since then. Trying to get through on tech support number requires waiting between 30mins to an hour & twice have been put through to billing (after ringing tech support number) which required a further wait while they put me through to tech support. Keep getting different stories from different people & problems still not resolved. they are very friendly & helpful at sales but once you've signed up OPTUS will give you no after sales support.

Jade

JadeMelbourne

Worst Customer Service

Internet drops in and out, when you call them they say "What do you want us to do, we cant do anything, you connection is fine". We are running a bookkeeping/accounting business from home, and this has made us fall behind in work, as we mainly work using the internet,

Call centre scam

I have optus mobile and (will based on the service offered by their call centers). NEVER get an optus home phone. Optus is slow and unreliable. Beware! Optus call centers are DESIGNED to waste time, infuriate callers and not to solve problems. You have now been warned - sign up at your own risk!

C.HMelbourne

Install home phone

Amtech

AmtechMooloolaba

Will find another phone company

Internet always overloaded during business hours, slow and drops out. Long time problem. No landline for several weeks now and no explanation why as we have an internet connection on the same line. Maybe we complained too much? Long time customer and on time payer. How will this company stay in business and pay for the expensive advertising on TV!

Bad service & staff that lie

We have been trying to have a voicemail service removed from our home phone line for 2 days. This is a service that we put on our home line without our knowledge and certainly not at our request. We have spent at least 6.5 hours over the two days waiting to have calls answered, we have spoken to at least 5 different people and been assured the voicemail would be removed. We have been promised call backs, a 4 to 24 service turnaround and guess what some 36 hours later we still have voicemail on our phone! We are tired of being lied to, fobbed off and not getting our issues addressed.

Bill

BillSydney

No landline for nearly four weeks

Optus are hopeless as far as I'm concerned. They're blaming the weather in NSW - heavy rain. How come our next door neighbour has landline also with Optus, working ok. Technician came last week said "It's a line issue will ring you back - still hasn't. Our Local Member is trying to assist, but no luck so far. We had the same trouble last year and it took several days for the landline to be fixed. At least we get free service for the time we're without landline. This time we are going to change from Optus -looking for a reliable one. Have to wait for a week for the next technician to come. What's the point he'll probably say the same thing! I'm m not holding my breath!
Doug

JennyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer service

Joan

Joanasked

I made an overseas call on landline yesterday. How can I find out how much it cost?

Bec
Bec

You can just call Optus and they can give you a time and a cost, don't let them tell you they can not as they can ok. But you will be suprised as I have mad calls to Croatia and it's been cheeper to phone by land line than these $10 overseas cards you can use from any phone and less numbers to enter.
Always remember if your bill is to high to ask for an extension,/ payment deal that have to honor your change in surcomstance.
Wishing you the best Bec xo

Teresaasked

i joined the phone plan yesterday but i don't want this phone anymore,can i return it and change the tariff package?

Teresa

it's a mobile plan, iPhone6s, 86 dollars per month.

If I can change the plan, what should I do and how much should I pay.

one-tel
one-tel

Are you talking about a home phone plan or mobile plan? There is a big difference between the 2, if you give me a bit more information I might be able to help you. You don't need to give any names/address/or any other details just plan type cost and what type of bundle plan you have got.

phone plan,iPhone6s,86 dollars per month