Optus Home Phone

Optus Home Phone (page 6 of 6)

balistic

balistic

Been with optus for alot of years and havent had a problem there plans are good value if you bundel them with your net,tv or mobile. I wouldnt go to any other service this has been the best for me. All my friends have changed over from telstra to optus and they spear by it now.
I have found there customer service is excellent never have to wait long on the phone and always very helpful. Overall i recommend them as i have never had any problem with them.
There package are very good.
Excellent Value, great service
Nothing at all.

Terrible

I don't think they want me as a customer anymore, it has been made very apparent but they don't mind sending me a bill so I can pay for this very bad service.

Very bad telephone line reception. Called numerous times always the response is we will contact you and have someone investigate the problem. This has been since February 09, called again last week and everything was supposed to be fixed by yesterday and they still have not contacted me as they said they would regarding the poor line reception.

lauren7947

lauren7947South East Queensland, QLD

Good

I'm really pleased with the value we get with Optus. We're on a $69 Fusion Plan which gives 2GB downloads, home line rental and unlimited free local and national calls as well as calls to Optus mobiles. HOWEVER, I find the service to be pretty ordinary whenever I have to deal with the company. I do feel that the length of time you spend on the phone waiting to talk to someone has decreased significantly but some of the staff I've dealt with have left me wanting to hang up and try again! Fortunately, we've had very few problems so I don't have to call too often!
Great bundled packages
Trying to resolve service and account problems.

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Optus Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

PeterWH

PeterWHTorrens 2607, ACT

Bad

Nocontact from them after 28 days.I have even rung them about some business,BUTYno reply at all.This companyis either incompetent or stupid or both.
I had to unforttunately revert to Telstra.The easiest part was to get a 1300 number.
TelstraI suggest that you learn and learn fast.I am getting sinck andtired of being told'we will get it done soon' nothing happens.....
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
the name......

drifand

drifandWA, 6112

Bad

Hate to say it but they are getting there, as in for the worse. They could not get my mobile bill fixed regardless I called them every single month for about 4 times before they can charge me the correct amount. All the wasted money on 1300 calls makes you wonder THEY OWE you as they cant get things right. I do not see much good things about optus, if you are pre-paid, stay PREPAID! I hate all the unwanted services they try and snowball to you so that you end up paying more. Two star from me for now
bundle for cheaper?
getting as bad as Telstra like previous reviewer said

gwater

gwater

Bad

We have taken bundle with internet because it was cheaper, the phone is expensive though , there are no cheaper times to call at night or weekends , there is no option to talk longer and have it cheaper. International calls are expensive too. We are stuck with bundle for now but will change the provider then.
Cheap bundle
Expensive calls

jetjunk

jetjunkAU

Terrible

I was a telstra Customer for years had a few problems then switched to Optus, well Igot a good deal $49.95 a month with 49.95 worth the calls included it was great for the first three months then they went and changed my plan and there was not anything i could do about it, so my phone bill jumped from $49.95 a month to $130 $150 a month sorry optus but that is bullsh&t and i switched back to telstra.
Catchy Promo Deals
you gotta read between the lines as they will change your plan with out telling you

notamarkonit

notamarkonit

Terrible

I've been trying now for 2 months to disconnect my mobile from optus. I no longer have the phone or the sim card have made at least 3 phone calls, faxed a letter and mailed 2 letters yet have still been receiving bills. I got a reminder notice that threatened to cut me off, if it wasn't for that fact that I don't want to get black listed I would have let them. Instead I wrote them yet another letter attached it to the notice and mailed it back. Maybe that will get through to someone. I am not even on a contract with them as it ran out over 6 months ago.
Was decent for a while
Unable to disconnect

Home Phone Service Providers

Find out how Optus Home Phone compares to other Home Phone Service Providers

Good

Good. Service is reliable but the billing is crap. Mobile phone billing is absolutely horrendous - important to check bills and make sure being billed for plan you signed up with.
only for optus phone and broadband - not mobile phones. Like as reliable and when there was a problem it was promptly fixed.
Billing - bill is horrendous to read and make sense of.

a12345678

a12345678

Terrible

If you are thinking of switching to optus DONT BOTHER!!!! they are the hardest people to deal with. They take your money but dont give you what you pay for. They customer phone support is totally shocking you have to wait 30min just to speak to someone.
hardly anything!!!
horrible support service
staff dont know their product well enough
stuff up your bills all the time

reviews4you

reviews4you

THE WORST OF THE WORST.
The home phone Internet and mobile departments are a Joke. Use someone decent such as Virgin.

Asian owned and atrocious Customer Service. Don't Trust a word they say.

everything they did was wrong. They have tried to get thirty dollars back for a service they didn't perform. They now think I owe them 450 for breach contract I should Co Co....

rhys18

rhys18

Terrible

Optus have provided me with a substandard level of service over the years whether it be with home phone, internet, or mobile phone. Once my mobile phone contract is done, i will never use them again.

I HATE OVERSEAS CALL CENTRES!!!! Telstra outsource all their customer service to Pakistan, and it is impossible to get a decent level of service with them. I rung and asked Telstra if they do the same, they didnt, so i switched to them.

Joan

Joanasked

I made an overseas call on landline yesterday. How can I find out how much it cost?

Bec
Bec

You can just call Optus and they can give you a time and a cost, don't let them tell you they can not as they can ok. But you will be suprised as I have mad calls to Croatia and it's been cheeper to phone by land line than these $10 overseas cards you can use from any phone and less numbers to enter.
Always remember if your bill is to high to ask for an extension,/ payment deal that have to honor your change in surcomstance.
Wishing you the best Bec xo

Teresaasked

i joined the phone plan yesterday but i don't want this phone anymore,can i return it and change the tariff package?

Teresa

it's a mobile plan, iPhone6s, 86 dollars per month.

If I can change the plan, what should I do and how much should I pay.

one-tel
one-tel

Are you talking about a home phone plan or mobile plan? There is a big difference between the 2, if you give me a bit more information I might be able to help you. You don't need to give any names/address/or any other details just plan type cost and what type of bundle plan you have got.

phone plan,iPhone6s,86 dollars per month