Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Heather C.
Heather C.South East Queensland, QLD

Would give 0 if i could. Worst customer service ever.

Plan Cost per Month$40.00
Included Data per Month5 GB
Rishabh
RishabhSydney, NSW

Worst connectivity and customer service

Network coverage is dodgy. I filed multiple complaints because towers in my area always kept going down every couple of weeks and they’d put them under maintenance. The service became unusable.

Customer representative called me and asked what would you like us to do to resolve your issue? I said fix the tower properly so that you don’t have to keep taking it down for “maintaining” every couple of weeks. Representative said “We can’t do that.”

If they can’t make their service reliable then what are they doing in the business? This company’s service is a joke.

Plan Cost per Month$106.00
Included Data per Month500 GB
OptusMadeMeAngry
OptusMadeMeAngryCanberra 2600, ACT

Avoid Avoid Avoid!

10 days after attempting to "upgrade" my pre-paid service to a post paid service, I still have no service at all. It was working fine pre-paid, but since I asked an Optus "expert" to provide me some service, it has not worked at all. Spent maybe 35 hours on the phone or chat to them. Still nothing. They are pathetic. The most disgraceful company of any kind, anywhere!

Plan Cost per Month$120.00
Included Data per Month500 GB

Find out how Optus Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Hopeless customer service, frequent stuff ups

Could not activate the sports package that was included in my plan. Multiple attempts with online chat assistants assuring me it would be activated after their standard 4 hour delay but it never was. No explanation given.

Plan Cost per Month$30.00
Mustafa
MustafaSydney, NSW

Dishonesty and bad customer service

Both my wife and I signed up in the same day. After 2 weeks, we both received a message stating that "you have reached 50% of your data". We rang them but they could not explain this dishonest behaviour.

Plan Cost per Month$65.00
Included Data per Month80 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Pam
Pam

Customer support

As soon as I discovered an ID theft on my mobile account I notified Optus. Four weeks later my account shows a debt to Optus of one new phone which was dispatched to a foreign address on a false mobile number. Not only a new phone but also a new iPad was ordered. Now a bill of $303 normally $35. It took four weeks to block and suspend the foreign number. Now I have to prove with document evidence that my ID identity was stolen with photo ID and Statutory Declaration. It will take another two weeks for them to CONSIDER my case.
Never again will I trust Optus with disgraceful customer service.

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Ethiopiawi N.
Ethiopiawi N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They changed my plan

I had a plan with optus 24 months and they changed the plan after 6 months and said to me that all African countries is out off the plan then they started changing more than $2/min

Plan Cost per Month$55.00
Included Data per Month80 GB
Alston Pinto
Alston Pinto

Fantastic customer services

Been with Optus for about 3 years now and customer service have been brilliant. I have called them to get a better deal and since there wasn’t a better plan, they just knocked off $10 from my monthly bill - all coz I gave them a call and spoke nicely! Amazing customer service, cannot fault them!

Plan Cost per Month$45.00
Included Data per Month100 GB
R.j.a
R.j.aSydney, NSW

Worst internet service and customer service

Was with Optus for 2 years then covid hit and had to work from home. It was fine until 2021 when speed was very low every Monday. Would go onto the chat and always told it’s the tower upgrade. How many times can you upgrade a tower?

2 months later same excuse and was told to find another provider.

AND I DID! better service better coverage!
Did this two days into my new month contract and was told I have to pay full 30 days. Told them to shove it.

New internet saving $5 per month, unlimited, NBN

Plan Cost per Month$20.00
Included Data per Month2 GB
Brendan
BrendanHunter Region, NSW

One star is far too generous

Left my personal information on an account that was not mine months after being repeatedly told to remove it. Can't tell if it was dereliction or just plain the incompetence. Constant faults that take weeks to resolve. I would highly recommend not using Optus for anything. Terrible fluctuation and quality of reception. Worst customer service I've seen in quite some time. No interest in helping customer whatsoever.

Plan Cost per Month$35.00
Included Data per Month20 GB
micca
miccaMelbourne

Unreliable

On weekends and holidays I lose phone and internet connection completely. Optus have told me to contact them whenever I have these problems. They charge me for the calls I make, (when the phone works) and tell me to call again during business hours! I turn the phone in and off as they have suggested. No luck. Problems never solved!

Plan Cost per Month$50.00
Ex-Optus Customer
Ex-Optus CustomerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Home Internet is absolutely useless

Optus Wifi doesn't work without buffering, too slow. I visited a shopfront to be told I needed a different Symcard. I changed my service as advised but it is still unreliable and buffers while trying to watch Foxtel on a Smart TV. After I had updated my Symcard as advised by the professionals who know, I was still charged for the old Symcard as it had not been cancelled. Only this morning, 5 May 2021 I had to call Optus twice because the first time the call was disconnected because the Team that I was transferred to were not available. I don't know why we have to put up with this kind of service.

Disappointed
Disappointed

Optus e-mail address reveal

Optus has a nasty way of hiding. You can only contact them via an app, and the app didn't work for me and for others I have spoken to.
Their e-mail address is: mobileemaildropbox@optus.com.au.

Terrible customer service

They charged us for 3 months internet while we were closed due to lockdown. Requested to wave the fee but they said they could wave if the service was cancelled. Then tell me why should I call you if the service was cancelled and I was not billed for it?!?