Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

JJ G.
JJ G.Sydney, NSW

stay clear of this provider, very bad and slow customer service

I bought a mobile + eSIM postpaid plan. I've been trying days to activate my eSIM, no luck. Call them several times and wasted more than 3 hours and still cannot get it resolved. Their customer service and IT team do not care about wasting customers' time at all. More importantly, they have no idea about what they are doing. They told me conflicting information and most of time just put me on hold in order to do some research or ask the team, but in the end they always come back with zero solution. It's so frustrating to deal with them. I should have stayed with Kogan. I thought paying premium will mean a better service. A huge mistake!

U B.
U B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You talk to machine newer person. Service is bad newer again. Worst experience ever in phone services.

Unreliable at all, newer again. Frequent dropouts. No real person to talk. I set up direct debit and still get sms saying Atelje i have late payouts. Whe contact optus only sms can be comunicated...

Plan Cost per Month$65.00
Included Data per Month80 GB
Danielle R.
Danielle R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Happy to charge for services they dont provide!

I recently putchased a property and connected to the NBN with optis and have been without service for weeks because optus failed to send a technician on time. They have the audacity to charge me a start up fee! ALSO after alllll of this they are double charging me for Internet everyday! If this does not get sorted quickly I will be moving my phone and internet services to another provider. I am really exceptionally sick of optus at the moment and their lack of customer service!!!!!!

Find out how Optus Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Worst level of service ever!!!

Plan Cost per Month$85.00
Included Data per Month60 GB
Rochelle
Rochelle

Terrible decline

After years of being a loyal customer I can not believe the decline. Customer service now all app chat based, no phone contact, can take hours to get responses for simple queries. Recently ended a lease plan and renewed. The amount of confusing texts, calls from call centres with no record that someone else had just called, or saying I had a different phone on my lease made it feel like I was being swindled, and I wasn’t even debating the outcome for lease phone. I regret renewing.

Plan Cost per Month$100.00
Included Data per Month128 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
lmax2021
lmax2021South East Queensland, QLD

Got a samsung galaxy watch 3

Got a Samsung galaxy watch 3, on a 36 month plan, from the kippa ring shopping centre, in redcliffe qld. the lady that served us was great. had a sense of humour, was efficient and curtious. happy customer, would go back to that store again. they are happy to answer any questions, and they are just, friendly

Plan Cost per Month$35.00

Included Data per Month6 GB
Erin
ErinBrisbane City

Literally go with ANYONE else

Optus are a bunch of idiots. They pushed me to use the online services and then I had to sit there and have them waste 2.5 hours of my time to still have no resolution to only then be asked to call because they couldn't action the request.
Optus also added an $11 monthly promo onto my account yet could not tell me what the promotion was...only that I had signed up for it, when I hadn't.
Was looking to change my plan today but now I will be changing providers.
STAY STAY STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Chantell C.
Chantell C.Sydney, NSW

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AMAZING!!

Plan Cost per Month$125.00
Included Data per Month200 GB

Xin
XinAdelaide

A lot of trouble, and not worth it.

Plan Cost per Month$90.00
Ben O.
Ben O.

Terrible

If you have optus in your navigation you will get lost in Australia,no coverage at all ,optus is a city service provider even in cities if it rains forget about internet i have been on optus for the few years now i am so dedicated getting on telstra . You have been warned wish i have checked reviews before getting on

Plan Cost per Month$100.00
Included Data per Month200 GB
Jack S.
Jack S.Sydney, NSW

Trash service

The webmail frequently impossible to log in, need to make a frustrating call to unlock and losing all my emails.
Mobile service cuts out frequently even in metropolitan areas.
Cable internet frequently has periods of high latency. Apparently "High usage" in area, unacceptable pathetic excuse, should upgrade facilities accordingly
I am ready to cut all plans from this company and move to anything but Optus.
If you do not heed my advice, have fun with a subpar service with useless customer support.

Plan Cost per Month$90.00
Included Data per Month30 GB
Matt L.
Matt L.Perth, WA

Charged $69 for 2 days of service and crap complaint handling

ported number away from optus on the 3rd May.
The plan was originally taken out on the 4th May 2 years ago

apparently the plan ended on the 1st of May. When I ported away on the 3rd I got sent a bill for $69 for the last 2 days

When I complained, Optus waited 2 weeks to send me an email (after the due date of the final bill) saying they had tried to call me (once) and didn't get through, so they considered the case to be closed.

very disappointing, and the reason I am no longer a customer

Plan Cost per Month$89.00
Included Data per Month100 GB
Natalie S.
Natalie S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They deleted all my backed up storage when taken in for repair

Plan Cost per Month$75.00
Included Data per Month45 GB

Dreadful. Stuffed not 1 but 2 orders and no customer service!

Ordered a new handset, they sent wrong one. Was told I could go to an optus store to fix, they said no, was told they would send a postage bag for me to return it, no postage bag ever arrived. Placed a second order for another member of the family, they CANCELLED it, did not tell us and are now charging an extra $20 per month for SAME ORDER