Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile (page 2 of 128)

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

iamagirl1969
iamagirl1969South Australia

Optus ported my pre-paid service number, into some elses account!

Optus denied their own words

Very bad customer service. Each time I call i get a different response from staff and very rude any of them give you different information. I have signed 24 months contract phone plan and they notified me that going same changers in the plan, then I raised my issues one of the optus staff informed me that this changers is not going to affect my plan and she send me email confirmation and in over night they changed my plan, then I contacted customer service to resolve the issue they denied the email in very rude way they offer me leave optus if I'm not happy.

Optus Hopeless

Nearly two years later and I am still bitter with Optus. Contractual issues as a result of pushy salespeople that never got resolved. A protective case we paid for that never ended up reaching us because one of their divisions went into liquidation. Really!? I rate Optus as the worst company I have dealt with in more than 20 years of running businesses.

Disgusting customer service

Honestly the most disgusting service I have ever experienced so far with any business in Australia. I signed contract for samsung S21 in April. The phone has been overheated ever since the first day I used it. The fault was confirmed by registered Samsung technician but your technician reckoned there wasn't any problem. Until now, which is 2 months after, my problem is not resolved and I'm still using my old phone. It is absolutely disgraced

Appalling service

I transferred my company account and decided to give Optus a go.Main reason was,we were going to have a dedicated account manager.Great,no long waits shunted around Telstra’s overseas call centers who know nothing yet promising the world.
As soon as we signed up with Optus the account manager Disappeared back to overseas call centers and on top call drop outs poor WiFi
Optus also confirmed NBN connections to my office.Not true!
Moving back to Telstra as they now have an Australia based Buisnesd management center and at least our call won’t drop out.
YES to poor customer service

Local Reception

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

NBN disconnect

I have NBN disconnected since Tuesday and after a long discussion by texting Optus offer to send a technician on Saturday, yesterday,.
The technician did not arrive till now without any message or excuses. I've been trying to contact them and they're not answering my online texting.......
My wife and I are working from home also my daughter has an online exam tomorrow.., .,bad service and it's customer service

Plan Cost per Month$80.00

Very bad customer service from online staff

Very bad customer service. Each time I call i get a different response from staff. Very inconsistent. Once a i got a staff disconnect my call despite im not rude to them . Not to mention when I call, there is different response from each staff every time. 1/5 no question.

Pam
Pam

Customer support

As soon as I discovered an ID theft on my mobile account I notified Optus. Four weeks later my account shows a debt to Optus of one new phone which was dispatched to a foreign address on a false mobile number. Not only a new phone but also a new iPad was ordered. Now a bill of $303 normally $35. It took four weeks to block and suspend the foreign number. Now I have to prove with document evidence that my ID identity was stolen with photo ID and Statutory Declaration. It will take another two weeks for them to CONSIDER my case.
Never again will I trust Optus with disgraceful customer service.

Gabi
Gabi

OKish service but terrible customer service

Rochelle
Rochelle

Terrible decline

After years of being a loyal customer I can not believe the decline. Customer service now all app chat based, no phone contact, can take hours to get responses for simple queries. Recently ended a lease plan and renewed. The amount of confusing texts, calls from call centres with no record that someone else had just called, or saying I had a different phone on my lease made it feel like I was being swindled, and I wasn’t even debating the outcome for lease phone. I regret renewing.

Ethiopiawi N.
Ethiopiawi N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They changed my plan

I had a plan with optus 24 months and they changed the plan after 6 months and said to me that all African countries is out off the plan then they started changing more than $2/min

lmax2021
lmax2021South East Queensland, QLD

Got a samsung galaxy watch 3

Got a Samsung galaxy watch 3, on a 36 month plan, from the kippa ring shopping centre, in redcliffe qld. the lady that served us was great. had a sense of humour, was efficient and curtious. happy customer, would go back to that store again. they are happy to answer any questions, and they are just, friendly

Barry
BarryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Den of thieves

Kripal
KripalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Misleading information on website

Hello everyone,
In website they mention 25% off for all Victoran who join $65 plan before 30 June and when I contact them and they refuse offer and they told me on some service they give even I proved with screen shot and shared link but they refused like no Mention on website. I also attended screenshot here.

Alston Pinto
Alston Pinto

Fantastic customer services

Been with Optus for about 3 years now and customer service have been brilliant. I have called them to get a better deal and since there wasn’t a better plan, they just knocked off $10 from my monthly bill - all coz I gave them a call and spoke nicely! Amazing customer service, cannot fault them!

Erin
ErinBrisbane City

Literally go with ANYONE else

Optus are a bunch of idiots. They pushed me to use the online services and then I had to sit there and have them waste 2.5 hours of my time to still have no resolution to only then be asked to call because they couldn't action the request.
Optus also added an $11 monthly promo onto my account yet could not tell me what the promotion was...only that I had signed up for it, when I hadn't.
Was looking to change my plan today but now I will be changing providers.
STAY STAY STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Worst company ever. RIP OFF

Paid cap for over 2 years then keep sending random bills without explanation, then asking for 650 outstanding for device keep sending bills even after cap ended and worst customer service when you go to centre.

Chantell C.
Chantell C.Sydney, NSW

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AMAZING!!

squash
squash

Someone made a fake complaint under my name, Optus disconnected my service.

Yes, you are reading right.
Someone used my personal details and made a compliant to Optus about their price they charged. I had not problems whatsoever with Optus. Optus disconnected my service. I was stuck on customer service numerous times trying to find out why, and then I was told, and I said it wasn't me and they refused to reconnect my service. Well done...

Xin
XinAdelaide

A lot of trouble, and not worth it.

Lez B.
Lez B.Perth, WA

Just absolute crap total and utter crap. Go elsewhere and save yourself from this crap service.

Totally unreliable speeds promised will not live up to reality. Save yourself from the lies and total crap I have been through. I am disabled and have been totally ripped off by the staff at Optus.

Ben O.
Ben O.

Terrible

If you have optus in your navigation you will get lost in Australia,no coverage at all ,optus is a city service provider even in cities if it rains forget about internet i have been on optus for the few years now i am so dedicated getting on telstra . You have been warned wish i have checked reviews before getting on

Melanie
MelanieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst company ever!

Every time you ring customer service they are so incompetent. You have to ring 3 to 4 times to get them to work anything out! Absolutely ridiculous customer service. People have been complaining for years and nothing changes. Optus just doesn't care!

Bad Network Coverage, Bad Customer Service, just bad all around.

Customer service just seems to be useless. I requested to cancel my service before the next billing cycle, and then received a suprise bill where they they cancelled it a day into the next billing cycle, and charged me for a full month. After numerous calls to rectify this issue, nothing was done.

Was burned the first time I used Optus and now for a second time. Will not have anything to do with them ever again.

R.j.a
R.j.aSydney, NSW

Worst internet service and customer service

Was with Optus for 2 years then covid hit and had to work from home. It was fine until 2021 when speed was very low every Monday. Would go onto the chat and always told it’s the tower upgrade. How many times can you upgrade a tower?

2 months later same excuse and was told to find another provider.

AND I DID! better service better coverage!
Did this two days into my new month contract and was told I have to pay full 30 days. Told them to shove it.

New internet saving $5 per month, unlimited, NBN