Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile (page 3 of 128)

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jack S.
Jack S.Sydney, NSW

Trash service

The webmail frequently impossible to log in, need to make a frustrating call to unlock and losing all my emails.
Mobile service cuts out frequently even in metropolitan areas.
Cable internet frequently has periods of high latency. Apparently "High usage" in area, unacceptable pathetic excuse, should upgrade facilities accordingly
I am ready to cut all plans from this company and move to anything but Optus.
If you do not heed my advice, have fun with a subpar service with useless customer support.

Michael H.
Michael H.Perth, WA

Incompetent NBN provider

Not a very reliable network coverage. I have experienced several dropouts for the last couple of months. The worse Internet connection and worst technician ever. They are not a very competent NBN provider. Dun go with them . Go with Telstra

Ron
RonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible service in and around Brisbane CBD

Matt L.
Matt L.Perth, WA

Charged $69 for 2 days of service and crap complaint handling

ported number away from optus on the 3rd May.
The plan was originally taken out on the 4th May 2 years ago

apparently the plan ended on the 1st of May. When I ported away on the 3rd I got sent a bill for $69 for the last 2 days

When I complained, Optus waited 2 weeks to send me an email (after the due date of the final bill) saying they had tried to call me (once) and didn't get through, so they considered the case to be closed.

very disappointing, and the reason I am no longer a customer

Will L.
Will L.

Horrible internet speeds

Signed up for wireless 4G internet due to living in an apartment. Speeds meant to be up to 25mbs. Got on average 2-3mbs. Hardly useable, very unreliable. Varied hugely depending on time of day. They don't have enough bandwidth in my area (Revesby, Sydney). Don't get optus if you're around Bankstown/Revesby.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Natalie S.
Natalie S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They deleted all my backed up storage when taken in for repair

Suzanne D.
Suzanne D.

A disgraceful uncaring company, treating my 93 year old mother with no empathy or sympathy, putting her life at risk!!!!

No customer service, a disgrace to treat a women in her 90’s this way just because she can’t submit a drivers license. And she’s never driven in her life. I am appalled

Bla bls
Bla bls

Frequent wifi disconnects

My wifi cuts out every 30 mins and when talking with over Optus users we lose connection at the same time. Furthermore, the router range is very short and cant even give signal to an apartment

Brendan
BrendanHunter Region, NSW

One star is far too generous

Left my personal information on an account that was not mine months after being repeatedly told to remove it. Can't tell if it was dereliction or just plain the incompetence. Constant faults that take weeks to resolve. I would highly recommend not using Optus for anything. Terrible fluctuation and quality of reception. Worst customer service I've seen in quite some time. No interest in helping customer whatsoever.

Find out how Optus Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Dreadful. Stuffed not 1 but 2 orders and no customer service!

Ordered a new handset, they sent wrong one. Was told I could go to an optus store to fix, they said no, was told they would send a postage bag for me to return it, no postage bag ever arrived. Placed a second order for another member of the family, they CANCELLED it, did not tell us and are now charging an extra $20 per month for SAME ORDER

Would give 0 stars if i could

No customer care at all.
Just a money hungry giant!!!!
Aggressive staff that will not work with customers to get a solution but more then happy to put the hand out for a fat cheque.

Valentino
ValentinoSydney, NSW

Very bad wifi service

Very bad service. I lost my internet, spent 6 houra to chat and call. But zero result. I have to wait more days for technician to come and check. Now i know why optus is really bas, because your rating is really low. You guys cannot offer good service. I will change my provider

micca
miccaMelbourne

Unreliable

On weekends and holidays I lose phone and internet connection completely. Optus have told me to contact them whenever I have these problems. They charge me for the calls I make, (when the phone works) and tell me to call again during business hours! I turn the phone in and off as they have suggested. No luck. Problems never solved!

Ying
YingSydney, NSW

Over charge customers for no reason!!

Optus has over charged me over $400 with auto debit on my credit card for my internet. I messaged them and waited for half hour no one answered me. Shocking service for such a big company!

Terrible customer service

Spent hours on the phone trying to connect to my service. I got transferred to 13 different people before I gave up. The app and accounts crash, and no one responds to messages in the webchat. I would expect this service from a cheap start up not an established and expensive telco

Shamsia K.
Shamsia K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

World’s slowest date plan

From the day I have started using optus until now not even a single day that I was happy with optus. The data so worst. I am very disappointed with my plan.

Adam N.
Adam N.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

First and last contract with Optus

I was with virgin mobile for about 15 years but moved over to Optus when virgin left Australia. Even though virgin used the Optus network I had no trouble ever. Since signing with Optus I’ve had 2 years of calls dropping out if I can even connect. Today I’ve been getting messages from friends saying I can’t call you yet other people can. A lot of the time I can hear people clearly but they can’t hear me. Thinking this was a problem with my phone I bought a new iPhone outright and nothing has changed. Most of the time I have 3G in the corner and I’m holding onto a paper weight. Time has come to bite the bullet and join telstra

raynman
raynman

Atrocious. TERRIBLE. Worst carrier ever. Never never again will I go with craptus

When I signed up I was promised a service guarantee, as the reception was non existent to poor at my premises I contacted craptus and was told to take the phone outside and see if it works. The signal bounces around 3 towers so I have to keep changing spots to get any coverage. I was told that I had coverage so end of guarantee. My wife has a Kogan plan for $120-/year with Vodaphone as the carrier and has no problem. I recently travelled out west and despite seeing plenty of towers still bad to no reception even on major highways. If I could give a less than one star rating it would be minus 5. I will go with Telstra next time which is no better at times but at least they are battery backed up at the towers.

Ramesh T.
Ramesh T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad coverage, no signal , no web

Really bad coverage in Casey area, calls drop or hard to understand both way, web browsing is null, I feel like i am holding a box not a phone literally.

Ex-Optus Customer
Ex-Optus CustomerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Home Internet is absolutely useless

Optus Wifi doesn't work without buffering, too slow. I visited a shopfront to be told I needed a different Symcard. I changed my service as advised but it is still unreliable and buffers while trying to watch Foxtel on a Smart TV. After I had updated my Symcard as advised by the professionals who know, I was still charged for the old Symcard as it had not been cancelled. Only this morning, 5 May 2021 I had to call Optus twice because the first time the call was disconnected because the Team that I was transferred to were not available. I don't know why we have to put up with this kind of service.

Matthew R.
Matthew R.

I get way to many scam phone calls

Why does Optus allow scammers living in other countries to use their numbers to try to scam Australians? There really needs something to happen in regards with that as it is extremely annoying to be woken up by scammers every day.

Vic
VicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

Low Coverage, rude customer service!!!

I signed up for Optus mobile plan. The coverage is very bad. Most of the time either phone call drops or I can't hear the other side. Don't trust whatever they say in their commercials. Coverage is really bad. And they expect you to pay the full bill for a service they don't even provide properly!!!

lianna
liannaPerth, WA

Whatever you do! Do not get optus! Ever!

They have absolutely terrible customer service! The worst I've ever seen on a digital platform side! The service has terrible coverage they expect us to pay while there towers are under works for long periods of time.

Mohammed H.
Mohammed H.Sydney, NSW

In short..Never say YES to optus

In short. Never say YES to optus. Be aware of the preminum messages. You cant stop even you opted out. They keep charging you 100 of dollars every month. Customer service also very rude.