Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Useless customer care team

Useless customer care team
Don’t bother they don’t listen and don’t even want to try and help you
Stay away and don’t ever ever waste your time
They have 1.5 stars for a good reason

Julia
JuliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Charge 1 month fee in advance

Brent Andrew
Brent AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless

Find out how Optus Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Useless service, untrained team members, illegal things.

They sold me 4G broadband with a max download speed of 0.8mbps. It took almost 4 hours to convince Optus my service is faulty. I've been transferred to 8 different Optus team members during the 4 hours period. After speaking to the tech it appeared to be faulty since i purchased the service as there was a tower outage in my area. Selling faulty service when the know that its faulty, transferring me to 8 different team members, taking 4 hours on the line to refund! Definitely the worst provider I've ever seen.

JJ G.
JJ G.Sydney, NSW

stay clear of this provider, very bad and slow customer service

I bought a mobile + eSIM postpaid plan. I've been trying days to activate my eSIM, no luck. Call them several times and wasted more than 3 hours and still cannot get it resolved. Their customer service and IT team do not care about wasting customers' time at all. More importantly, they have no idea about what they are doing. They told me conflicting information and most of time just put me on hold in order to do some research or ask the team, but in the end they always come back with zero solution. It's so frustrating to deal with them. I should have stayed with Kogan. I thought paying premium will mean a better service. A huge mistake!

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Alan
AlanSydney, NSW

I bought a phone through OPTUS and I paid it in full but it came locked

Its been over a month that I bought a phone through OPTUS, I paid for it in full and I have tried contacting them several times and every time they either hang up on me or they say I will receive a message including unlock code from them (It hasn't happened yet after a month)

Anthony H.
Anthony H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thieves

I requested extra data and 5 days later was told that I did not request extra data and was charged $120 optus are thieves that gaslighted me don't trust them

Heather C.
Heather C.South East Queensland, QLD

Would give 0 if i could. Worst customer service ever.

Rishabh
RishabhSydney, NSW

Worst connectivity and customer service

Network coverage is dodgy. I filed multiple complaints because towers in my area always kept going down every couple of weeks and they’d put them under maintenance. The service became unusable.

Customer representative called me and asked what would you like us to do to resolve your issue? I said fix the tower properly so that you don’t have to keep taking it down for “maintaining” every couple of weeks. Representative said “We can’t do that.”

If they can’t make their service reliable then what are they doing in the business? This company’s service is a joke.

Optus are criminals

I had a mobile with Optus, got my monthly bill only to find alot of extra charges i did not use or ask for, they added 3 x 1gb add-ons within 3 hours on a single day and i hadn't even touched my phone as i was at work and my phone was connected to the work wifi.
I rang up and questioned it, they sent my account directly to default, they ruined my credit score and credit history, they have admitted fault but there is nothing i can do.
Stay away from these criminals.

Reza
RezaSydney, NSW

Biggest mistake ever

After my marriage which was my first biggest mistake in life, switching from Telstra to Optus after 10 years was the second one. Look forward going back to Telstra once this nightmare is over.
No proper coverage, internet quality is horrible, and the calls cut in and out.

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE SERVICE

wifi stopped working 4 days ago, do you think optus has been any help? NO never are, told us they would send a technician today... did not show up!! what kind of customer service.

Hellen
HellenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ripe offs, unreliable and unethical

I joined optus on a $55 business plan for 24 months. 7 months into the plan, they changed their minds and cancelled the plan. No apologies, no nothing. Bad company, I will never recommend them to anyone. Moose mobiles although on the optus network, is a much better, more affordable alternative.

Edocs
Edocs

Customer Support, what support?

Eric
EricMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Slow 4g speed

I just joined the 4g internet. You get a super speed at start then after 24hr it slows down to as low as 4mb download over 1mb upload. Been like that since. Tech support say because many people using optus. So why you charge more than other. Now I'm stuck for 24 months.