Optus Mobile

1.4 from 2,767 reviews

1.4

2,767 reviews

Terrible internet provider

Absolute rip off! Do yourself a favour and never sign up with Optus.
My internet hasn't been working for more than 2 months and I have to pay off my modem that's not working to get out!!!
Optus sent me to the a shop during the pandemic for no results what's so ever...
The guy at the shop told me that this modem (Netgear AC800S)was "crap"and thats why they are not making them anymore...
Thanks Optus Australia but never again!

Plan Cost per MonthA$80.00
Included Data per Month500 GB
Stephen M.

Stephen M.

The system stuffed up activating my service!!!

There website came up with some fault when activating my sim card, now all they are telling me is I need to get a new sim card - The sim card works in my modem and I can even access the optus website and activation portal using it - sim card is not faulty but now I need to take a 1 hour round trip to get a new sim card to replace a perfectly ok sim card.

Plan Cost per MonthA$30.00
Included Data per Month10 GB
Khalil

KhalilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Optus is a joke!! Bad service. Would not recommend

Optus you are a joke!! Been a loyal customer since I was in high school. I placed an order in store and I've had so many issues with my phone & plan. So bad that you sent me the wrong device. Changed my number without my concent. Charged me for my old phone. And changed my plan to a phone i did not agree to?? I contacted you online and in store many times (3 or more). Yet no one wants to help. Its now over 3 months later?? I've given up. You've lost a customer. Your customer service is shockingly appalling. You cannot blame this on the covid-19 pandemic because I did this in February. Telstra is so much better. Thanks for nothing...

Plan Cost per MonthA$118.00

Find out how Optus Mobile compares to other Mobile Phone Service Providers

Terrible, useless, pathetic and unresponsive customer service.

Plan Cost per MonthA$75.00

Horrible

Rob

RobSydney, NSW

It was ok until .....

I switched my optus provider to different one about two months ago but still they send me bills to pay the last one was a double bill what used to pay monthly. I do not recommend optus to anyone. There are much better ones.

Plan Cost per MonthA$41.00
Included Data per Month80 GB
homotarou.mikoshiba

homotarou.mikoshibaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Take your money elsewhere

Worst company, they'll bleed you dry with hidden excess charges and ridiculous scams. Not even the servide is great, where I live was always dropping out. And you want $100 a month for this? Joke.

Plan Cost per MonthA$106.00

S. Nielsen

S. Nielsen

Expensive and useless. Over charged my mum on her bill.

Average try anyone else 10 x better value best of luck we warned you. They dont use 24/7 chat anymore and calls are limited. They are the absolute lost cause. Now pay $10less for 90 gb more same call and text plus better service.

Plan Cost per MonthA$39.00
Included Data per Month10 GB
mat

matGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absoloute joke

Plan Cost per MonthA$60.00
Included Data per Month200 GB

One star only because zero isn’t an option

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Optus online sales team is a joke

I ordered a 365 days prepaid sim and my order was confirmed through an email where they gave me the order number and a link of startrack website. The link did not wok. I rang online helpline (overseas based) and they just read me the written answer every time. After many contacts I got a message that their courier (Toll priority) has some security issue on 7th of May and they used same courier to send the sims on 16th of May. Not very professional at all and now I don't know when I will get the sim. In order to cancel my order I have to go through a lengthy process and not sure when I will get the money back.

Plan Cost per MonthA$0.00
Moyno

Moyno

Deceptive and comically expensive.

Was automatically transferred from a pay-off-handset to a lease plan without my consent. After waiting out this overpriced contract for two years ($65/month for 7gig data, pathetic). I finally got through to someone to cancel my plan. I mentioned that I planned to switch to a competitor offering a SIGNIFICANTLY better deal. Optus' offer to keep me? To downgrade my plan.

Hilarious.

What a bunch of clowns.

Plan Cost per MonthA$65.00
Included Data per Month7 GB
Liam N.

Liam N.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Optus is disgusting and cunning. I am not even allowed enough characters in this review to describe why. Cunning filth.

Network prone to dropping out,
Charge to change your plan is a ridiculously high $1000 fee
Higher payment for your plan doesn’t pay your phone off faster, just gives you a useless amount of data that you don’t get to keep in the next month and you’ll be locked in longer.
Not to mention you can’t find a customer service number anywhere easy, only the number to their sales team and being transferred through them.

Plan Cost per MonthA$107.00

SHOCKING service

I have never experienced such bad customer service. My house burnt down, account holder in an induced coma as a result, trying to activate old numbers on a new SIM card took me two days, two in store visits, 8 phones calls in which I was disconnected 3 times, a total of 2.5 hours on the phone to which my problem that I was assured was ‘easy’ is still not fixed. Appalled by the service, I do not have the time of patience for this, and I never get angry on the phone.

Plan Cost per MonthA$50.00

$40000 defrauded from my account due to poor security from Optus

Worst mobile service provider in Australia

Switched to Optus as they were offering a deal to good to let go. Problem is it was a deal to good to be true. Data speeds are hopeless, calls are patchy and customer service is neither customer focused or a service. Having been with all 3 mobile carriers I can honestly say Optus is without doubt the worst and we are talking Sydney and 5G. Would not recommend Optus to my worst enemy.

Plan Cost per MonthA$40.00

Reneged on Offer

I was offered a deal, but due to COVID-19 related issues the order was cancelled and I was told to go to a store to reorder to avoid the COVID-19 issues (A new order must be put in to get any assistant at a store). The store said they couldn't offer the same deal and then optus also said they couldn't offer the same deal. Optus told me they would honour the deal!!

Sam

Samaustralia

Rubbish customer service in live chat

How stupid and rubbish this is!! Over 30 min in live chat only to get transfered from 1 agent to the next but they all want to know the problem and then suggest to transfer me to appropriate "department". Guess what? Never got to the appropriate department!!

Plan Cost per MonthA$249.00