Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Tim
TimRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Horrible Customer Service

Coverage and speed are actually pretty decent in my area. The trouble starts when you need to interact with Optus in any way. Extremely unhelpful call centre staff who transfer you straight to a dial tone. Time to give another telco a go for me. Even a Optus reseller has to be better

Worst customer service

Wanted a new phone, say I have bad credit due to previous account closure and I tried to explain but useless lazy sales team say wait 3 months I am like what the F. I was forced to close my account which has nothing to do with me. Previously someone breached the security to get into my account and ordered few phones under my name, which I have no history on Optus messenger but somehow Optus had the history that didn't align with my account history. Entirely Optus should be responsible for their own security breach and what I have gone through was given zero *** and useless customer service. Gain nothing but waste of time and money for being loyal for 7 years. At least make my account clean properly I still have some dirt on my account.

Plan Cost per Month$40.00
Anabanana
AnabananaSydney, NSW

Amazingly Bad in 2021

I was with virgin snd was forced to go to Optus some years ago. No issues till this year when I decided to buy an apply watch through them. Sales rep told me one thing in phone, contracted me full price for watch and a $10 nbn sim. Ironic as I originally was prompted by an email that said save $190.I should have saved myself the trouble. As soon as I realised I had been mislead I asked to return the watch and they refused! I tried to return the same day it arrived. 2 mths later and contact to TIO they still can’t arrange a return
Worst customer service and case managers doubly incompetent and rude. What a putrid way to treat my situation. I will never recommend Optus mobile to anyone and will be changing providers

Plan Cost per Month$65.00
Included Data per Month30 GB
Brett Syd
Brett Syd

Rename it to "OptusScam" and invest in technology to stop scam calls and texts

The network is below average with drop outs in key areas. But worse is the huge amount of scam calls and text messages pretending to be ATO, NBN, Aust Post etc. There are plenty of security solutions they could invest in to stop their users being scammed. But no, they just let them through as too lazy to fix

T L.
T L.

5g home internet and month to month Sim plan

Ordered a 5g home internet with Optus and they provided a promotion that I can port my mobile numbers over on a month to month Sim plan for 50% off the plan for 12 months. However, I have 30 days to port my numbers over from the day I received the 5g home internet. Well played Optus, when I initiated the port I hear nothing back from Optus. When I then call Optus they said the port didn't go through. I then have to provide all the documents again and again. The 30 days are almost up and it's unlikely the port will not be done by then leaving me to lose the 50% promotion. Well played Optus. Well played

B Hatch
B HatchMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Minus 0 would be appropriate

I approached a large retail outlet to purchase a new phone ( i was with Telstra) and told I could get a $600 gift card if I signed a 2 year contract with Optus. BIG MISTAKE!! I attended an Optus outlet at TTP to be served by the rudest dismissive woman I have ever met, who told me she had sorted the problem. She hadn't. To top that off, we went back and was told by another chap that "they only sold the stuff and didn't know how to use it!!" I have made a couple of further attempts to contact them on the net etc but bloody useless! I cannot believe that a company can be so inefficient and non caring of their customers. My advice, DON'T GO OPTUS!!!

Plan Cost per Month$65.00
Included Data per Month80 GB
edwin c.
edwin c.Sydney, NSW

Bad customer service (no accountability)

Plan Cost per Month$45.00
Included Data per Month18 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
peter
peterCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible

Constant problems with internet service here in Gladstone Qld, always told the same garbage that nothing is wrong with the towers. It's always do a phone reset or must be the Sim at fault and technical help is a joke unless you fluke someone that knows anything other than giving lip service, it's obvious Optus has oversold their service and the bucket is empty so everyone suffers except for themselves.

Plan Cost per Month$45.00
Included Data per Month100 GB
Wazza D.
Wazza D.Hunter Region, NSW

Perfect example of clusterf..k

It started off ok with the telesales team and then fell off a cliff.
Wanted to transfer service from telstra as optus deal was much better and telstra didn't want to entertain any discounts or incentive to keep me.
What should have been a simple port of 2 services and 2 sim cards to 2 address ended in 2 sim cards to one address and one phone with no service.
After many online and telephone conversations with many different and conflicting opinions and advice, I am totally convinced that employees just make up stuff and no one knows what optus can and cannot do.
This goes down as one of those things that really should be simple and easy but then you wish you hadn't done.

Plan Cost per Month$55.00
Included Data per Month80 GB

Ragnar
RagnarSydney, NSW

Optus coverage maps are wishful fantasy

Plan Cost per Month$39.00
Included Data per Month10 GB

Optus changed my plan unilaterally 3 times in a month

Changed my plan 3 times in a month. I told Optus, I am going to telecommunication ombudsman, Optus said, telecommunication ombudsman can't do anything & Optus will not review the decision.

Included Data per Month125 GB
Julia
JuliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Charge 1 month fee in advance

Plan Cost per Month$55.00
Included Data per Month20 GB

Heather C.
Heather C.South East Queensland, QLD

Would give 0 if i could. Worst customer service ever.

Plan Cost per Month$40.00
Included Data per Month5 GB
Rishabh
RishabhSydney, NSW

Worst connectivity and customer service

Network coverage is dodgy. I filed multiple complaints because towers in my area always kept going down every couple of weeks and they’d put them under maintenance. The service became unusable.

Customer representative called me and asked what would you like us to do to resolve your issue? I said fix the tower properly so that you don’t have to keep taking it down for “maintaining” every couple of weeks. Representative said “We can’t do that.”

If they can’t make their service reliable then what are they doing in the business? This company’s service is a joke.

Plan Cost per Month$106.00
Included Data per Month500 GB
OptusMadeMeAngry
OptusMadeMeAngryCanberra 2600, ACT

Avoid Avoid Avoid!

10 days after attempting to "upgrade" my pre-paid service to a post paid service, I still have no service at all. It was working fine pre-paid, but since I asked an Optus "expert" to provide me some service, it has not worked at all. Spent maybe 35 hours on the phone or chat to them. Still nothing. They are pathetic. The most disgraceful company of any kind, anywhere!

Plan Cost per Month$120.00