Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2

Holo
HoloSydney, NSW

Rude and Lies

The caller was very rude and did not help us at all on customer call. They would try to get away with it by giving us “free” stuff, but when we decline and decided to change services, they would put extra fees that they would explain as “not yet payed fees” and will not go into details. Horrible customer services and can barely understand some of the speakers in all honesty.

Plan Cost per Month$75.00
Included Data per Month10 GB
swampy
swampyPerth, WA

Very Bad Service

Ruky D.
Ruky D.South East Queensland, QLD

Horrible website and app

I am with Optus since June 2021. It's horrible. Website don't work or super slow. I feel like it's 90s when I try to log into my account. The app always says it can't be used. So stupid. You can't view your bills , or why you getting over charged. We had a contract $60 a month for me and my husband but getting charged 145 a month for some reason.

Plan Cost per Month$60.00
Included Data per Month80 GB
Wendy
WendyHunter Region, NSW

Optus phones are rubbish with no customer back up

Brought an Optus phone. It started blacking out and was under warranty. 2.5 hrs on the phone only to be abused. 6 staff helped me lol. Was told 3 got spoken 2 and guess what. Yep still not resolved. I’ve got all correspondence and will take this further. Do not buy Optus phones. No support. The even gave me the address for the warehouse. I used to live there and it’s a residential address. Contact me if you need the warehouse address or any more info

Plan Cost per Month$90.00

Kenj
Kenj

The worst network

The app is terrible, it hardly works. Just to recharge without auto debit is a mission. The system is so slow. If Ur in a rush or speed is important I would not recommend. I regret changing from voda to Optus. Complete rubbish network. Don't waste Ur time

Michael
MichaelStrathfield

Crooks

Purchased a prepaid service while on holidays in January for temporary use as my service didn’t work in the area.It took 6 months and so many calls to stop them debiting my credit card and they knew I wasn’t using their services.After finally getting somewhere with their complaints department they refused me a refund and closed my case.I didn’t even bother trying to get the money back I was just thankful they finally stopped debiting my card.

amrak
amrakSydney

Nothing works, nobody knows why.

I signed up for a pre-paid plan, but is having trouble downloading the eSIM hard. I called, messaged, nobody knows what is going on. They keep transferring between different departments, but nobody knows what is going on, and nobody is willing to help. This is ridiculous! Optus should just shut their doors, and stop wasting people's time.

Included Data per Month30 GB

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
madcun
madcunAU

Credit lasts ages

Optus pre paid credit lasts a long time because you never get any reception anywhere.
I never experience any dropouts but one time last week I had a drop in but not long enough to send a text. It was actually faster to write my message on a piece of paper, eat it and crap it in the recipient's front lawn.

AKL
AKLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

NOTHING BUT A NIGHTMARE

Lauz
Lauz

-5 stars if possible

Bought a second Sim for OPTUS in the belief that I have good reception given their tower (rural) is closer to my place. Frequently received marketing material after activation with prompts for deals if recharged by then and then or free data if replied withing 24 hours. Nothing ever arrived even they had confirmed by text. Optus is basically a dishonest provider with a Network that is even worse in rural areas than Telstra.

Disappointed
Disappointed

Shocking network and even worse "customer service".

Fortnightly network outages for about a week each, for months which necessitated a second Telstra phone so I work. Optus finally admitted no fix in sight. Refused to refund. TIO no help either. I wouldnt go near either of them again.

michael.heffernan.39589
michael.heffernan.39589AU

optus nightmare

Alan
AlanSydney, NSW

I bought a phone through OPTUS and I paid it in full but it came locked

Its been over a month that I bought a phone through OPTUS, I paid for it in full and I have tried contacting them several times and every time they either hang up on me or they say I will receive a message including unlock code from them (It hasn't happened yet after a month)

Reza
RezaSydney, NSW

Biggest mistake ever

After my marriage which was my first biggest mistake in life, switching from Telstra to Optus after 10 years was the second one. Look forward going back to Telstra once this nightmare is over.
No proper coverage, internet quality is horrible, and the calls cut in and out.

Included Data per Month150 GB
Edocs
Edocs

Customer Support, what support?

Included Data per Month50 GB