Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile (page 2 of 10)

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

T L.
T L.

5g home internet and month to month Sim plan

Ordered a 5g home internet with Optus and they provided a promotion that I can port my mobile numbers over on a month to month Sim plan for 50% off the plan for 12 months. However, I have 30 days to port my numbers over from the day I received the 5g home internet. Well played Optus, when I initiated the port I hear nothing back from Optus. When I then call Optus they said the port didn't go through. I then have to provide all the documents again and again. The 30 days are almost up and it's unlikely the port will not be done by then leaving me to lose the 50% promotion. Well played Optus. Well played

B Hatch
B HatchMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Minus 0 would be appropriate

I approached a large retail outlet to purchase a new phone ( i was with Telstra) and told I could get a $600 gift card if I signed a 2 year contract with Optus. BIG MISTAKE!! I attended an Optus outlet at TTP to be served by the rudest dismissive woman I have ever met, who told me she had sorted the problem. She hadn't. To top that off, we went back and was told by another chap that "they only sold the stuff and didn't know how to use it!!" I have made a couple of further attempts to contact them on the net etc but bloody useless! I cannot believe that a company can be so inefficient and non caring of their customers. My advice, DON'T GO OPTUS!!!

I would rate 0 if I could

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Michael
MichaelStrathfield

Crooks

Purchased a prepaid service while on holidays in January for temporary use as my service didn’t work in the area.It took 6 months and so many calls to stop them debiting my credit card and they knew I wasn’t using their services.After finally getting somewhere with their complaints department they refused me a refund and closed my case.I didn’t even bother trying to get the money back I was just thankful they finally stopped debiting my card.

edwin c.
edwin c.Sydney, NSW

Bad customer service (no accountability)

peter
peterCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible

Constant problems with internet service here in Gladstone Qld, always told the same garbage that nothing is wrong with the towers. It's always do a phone reset or must be the Sim at fault and technical help is a joke unless you fluke someone that knows anything other than giving lip service, it's obvious Optus has oversold their service and the bucket is empty so everyone suffers except for themselves.

Local Reception
Alan
AlanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do Not Go With Optus!

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Jeremy
Jeremy

Shocking service

I've had to move house twice in the last ~6 months. Both times all I had to do was shift my existing Optus service to the new address. Both times it took multiple days and literally hours on their hopeless customer support chat. The most recent time I was so frustrated I cancelled my account and joined Aussie Broadband. It took 1 hour from initial call to working internet for them to get my account up. Don't go with Optus.

amrak
amrakSydney

Nothing works, nobody knows why.

I signed up for a pre-paid plan, but is having trouble downloading the eSIM hard. I called, messaged, nobody knows what is going on. They keep transferring between different departments, but nobody knows what is going on, and nobody is willing to help. This is ridiculous! Optus should just shut their doors, and stop wasting people's time.

Desi
DesiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Optus is hacked!!!

My account was cancelled by optus for no reason! After 5 hours on the phone & app & transferred to over 10 people, the best they can do is 3 days away

My Thoughts.
My Thoughts.

Appalling Customer Service

madcun
madcunAU

Credit lasts ages

Optus pre paid credit lasts a long time because you never get any reception anywhere.
I never experience any dropouts but one time last week I had a drop in but not long enough to send a text. It was actually faster to write my message on a piece of paper, eat it and crap it in the recipient's front lawn.

Lucy
Lucy

Awful

barely write reviews but had no other choice was old customer on of for many years,
annoyed just tried find out about simple order what is happened with that for heavens sake,
I have great patience and understanding in life can tolerate lot but save your nerves and health as these guys do not care about customers at all.

Wazza D.
Wazza D.Hunter Region, NSW

Perfect example of clusterf..k

It started off ok with the telesales team and then fell off a cliff.
Wanted to transfer service from telstra as optus deal was much better and telstra didn't want to entertain any discounts or incentive to keep me.
What should have been a simple port of 2 services and 2 sim cards to 2 address ended in 2 sim cards to one address and one phone with no service.
After many online and telephone conversations with many different and conflicting opinions and advice, I am totally convinced that employees just make up stuff and no one knows what optus can and cannot do.
This goes down as one of those things that really should be simple and easy but then you wish you hadn't done.

dada t.
dada t.

Scammer

A lot of hidden cost. I live in prahran but have to be in the balcony to get OK reception. The salesperson at the branch never listen to what customer need only tried to push to get more money as much as possible what a scammer!! I have to called multiple platforms/and a lot of staffs to cancel all hidden cost and contract that their tried to tricke me...AVOID AVOID AVOID

Paul
PaulSydney Surrounds, NSW

The Optus System

Debbie Whalley
Debbie Whalley

Optus Springwood Qld - Shameful lack of support for the elderly

a.bett
a.bettSydney, NSW

If I could give negative stars, I would!

Useless

Really bad customer service. I was a loyal customer and I asked to go back to my older plan and the girl on chat was rude and said that she couldn't do anything about it and I should find a different provider.No reception at all . Never going back.

Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible service.

Billing is an absolute nightmare with these guys. Random overcharges, incorrect billing etc. Really sad. Don't go with these guys, just go with Telstra and save yourself some headache. Don't recommend.

CCL
CCLSydney, NSW

Useless

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
Ragnar
RagnarSydney, NSW

Optus coverage maps are wishful fantasy

JLN94
JLN94Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can’t Activate Esim

M lewin
M lewinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incapable to help during lockdown!

I spoke to 3 staff members on the phone today who passed me onto another staff member because my date of birth was incorrectly put into the system by an optus staff member. In the end i was put through to a staff member who i explained three times, that i needed my date of birth change so a current purchase id made would go though. Frustrating. They caused the problem and they will not fix something so simple! Your system and training needs urgent attention and changes.

AKL