Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Colin m
Colin m

Mobile service is fine, but App and background needs work

Coverage is certainly better than Vodafone, and in general the coverage doesn't drop out around building etc. Download speeds are reasonable. The app that Optus supply is useless and infuriating. I live in a regional area and drive rurally, and talk standard is fine, and phone can receive data in many remote areas. Plans seem OK. 30gb for $35

rgonline
rgonline

Mobile and NBN service is good, but user interface worst ever

Nathan
Nathan

Insurance Claim: slow to initiate process, but fast turnaround

Rebecca
Rebecca

Customer service

It has increased in efficiency and chat online helps with emergency or needing an extension but the wait with technical support is always horrible to deal with and they read a.script

Daryl S.
Daryl S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Better than nbn during the home schooling logjam

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Chole
CholeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used for 2 years, not bad, but can be better

JEFF
JEFFNEWCASTLE NSW

It will do for now.

Managed to get a deal through Optus of 80gb allowance for $42 per month. This is done through my mobile phone. Unlimited txt and phone calls etc.
I can run all our units (pc, smart tv and tablet and more!} via hotspot.
Signal been somewhat horrible of late but it can stream Stan or Amazon video pretty well on HD.
Haven't tried 4k though.
Customer service is not very helpful, very similar to Aus Post with the copy and paste thing.
I honestly cannot think of an alternative provider.
Telstra Meh.......

Ced N
Ced NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unable to get calls at home.

I have trouble getting mobile calls inside and around my home in Murrumbeena. Scott the tech expert called me and after explaining my dilemma replied by saying because I have a colour bond roof I would continue to have poor reception. Have you ever heard such crap. My wife and daughter are with Vodafone and get calls under the same colour bond roof. Now have a battle getting out of my contract.

Steven_K
Steven_KPerth, WA

Optus Morley Galleria

internet user Perth
internet user PerthPerth

Expensive but good inclusions

I got one of the highest plan when it was on 20% promo and this includes unlimited international calls and data. Overall network coverage is average. Occasional drop offs during night time during peak hours. Not issues with roaming at all though.

Anna
Anna

Good phone service, terrible customer service!

When it works - great. Decent reception, decent bundle deals - all good.

When you have an issue - bad luck!

Customer service staff are mostly overseas and care very little. Had several people make promises and never follow through and do best to hide their tracks.

paul476
paul476nsw, 2350

optus and internet payments

optus has generally been a great phone , internet provider at late in armidale nsw 2350 it is impossible to pay for the phone and internet through the online server with multiple drop outs and computer lock ups at home where the internet is unavailable
after talking to the armidale optus store group they have stated the optus internet site has never worked correctly since updating the areas soft ware

Sheree Bee
Sheree BeeSouthwest, VIC

No reception

were great now moved to a different area (50mins from Melbourne CBD) and my reception is terrible. When I go into the supermarket here I literally do not get and reception at all. I run a business from home so it can be quite annoying when I have to walk outside so they can hear me. I will say that Optus Insurance is fantastic. after losing my phone completely in the ocean they processed my claim very quickly and I got a brand new phone within the same week.

Ccc
CccMelbourne

Not perfect but I think a 'tinch' better than the others.

Dad55