Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Harry S.
Harry S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems good to me bordering on excellent

Everyone seems to bag on them. I've always had great service, they reduced my plan for being a 2 year customer by $10 a month and doubled data. Waived phone costs when I broke mine. Upgraded a network area after I notified them it was slow. Contact centre friendly and polite.

Maybe read your contract prior to signing up if you're annoyed about cancellation / break costs.

Julia Conway
Julia ConwaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Honest Review from Honest Customer

JGood
JGood

It's great

Great plan for me, a bit more expensive than others, but free roaming is very useful. Huge data caps, helpful when NBN goes down.
Coverage can be a bit choppy, also customer service can be hit or miss.

Glenn M.
Glenn M.

Optus is great

Great service. recently switched over to a better deal with more data and Optus Sports as a bonus. Havent has an issue with network coverage or any dropouts yet. Been quite pleased with the service im getting.

sianne
sianneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Peninsula Fair Kippa Ring Qld Branch

Great service, happy to help, patient and even helped me set up the phone after spending a week trying to work it out myself. The staff there are a credit to the company.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Andrew
AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good service

Great coverage , cheap plans. The Optus app is easy to use. The data download speeds are very high. I love my new phone I got yesterday the day after I ordered it.

Cisco
CiscoSydney, NSW

Great SIM-only plans. Sufficient coverage

SIM-only plans are great. I pay $40 (after 20% multi-service discount applied) for 80GB of data and my wife pays $45 for 100GB (again, after discount).

Coverage is excellent, except for some patchy spots on the train between Strathfield and Blacktown, but overall, good value for money. Too bad their mobile phone plans don't come with the same amount of data.

nturnerphoto
nturnerphotoPerth, WA

Not bad

Have been with optus since the beginning of 2019. Reception in Perth seems pretty good, I get a decent signal on the island where I work. There haven't been any major outages in this time either. Pretty happy overall.

Jay
JaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Do you need it?

rebekah.howard1
rebekah.howard1AU

Cheaper and better than Telstra

We converted to Optus after the closure of Virgin Mobile and have been really happy. We live in regional NSW and have found the reception and range to be better than Telstra. Anyone with a Telstra phone that visits us does not get reception. The prices and phone plans are a lot more competitive too.

CHRIS
CHRISMurray Mallee, SA

TERRIFIC IPAD

great i pad and terrific service thanks optus for a great deal and your ongoing support with my 2 iphones and the new ipad with great reception beyond the city

Anastasia Pratiwi
Anastasia PratiwiSydney, NSW

Perfect and reliable

I have been using Optus since I came here in 2016 and there were no serious issues, only twice dropouts and loss of connectivity. Other than that, the connection is perfect and reliable, has good coverage and speed as well. The bills always come on time and it has some perks before, but I haven't received any good perks recently.

Another good thing is free streaming for Music (Spotify, Apple Music, etc) and Youtube and others, I used it daily and it does give huge impacts (doesn't count toward my data).

Customer service is also fast and responsive. Easy to reach, easy to troubleshoot. Overall satisfied with Optus.

Richard
RichardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Certainly better than before

I left Optus in the early 2000's after being unhappy with unmet promises. After buying a new phone and the wife being on optus, I thought I should try them again so just got a pre-paid SIM. It has been great, for about a year now. The credit rollover is good and to be honest I think I will just stick to pre-paid and not worry about signing up to a plan.

Ibelong
IbelongMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Newbie seems ok

Seems ok but be nice if data was increased a little on the pre-paid side 500mb to 1gig at least . I was using a wholesaler network prior but found to many issues need full acess.

Tuna
Tuna

Some minor hiccups but value for money

My only complaint: I first switched to Optus later last year and it took two weeks for my number to fully port from Amaysim. A lot of bouncing between customer reps over the phone and via online chat but eventually I was transferred to someone (based in Australia) who seemed to know much more than everyone else and immediately manually ported my number.

Other than that hiccup, everything has been good with Optus. No issues with billing or the connection to their network, so I’m pretty happy. I have the $35 for 30GB plan and it’s more than enough for my monthly usage + having unlimited calls/text to certain countries is a bonus!