Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

ConcernedMelbourne
ConcernedMelbourneMelbourne

Customer service is a nightmare

Trying to change the name on a mobile number for a small business, I have so far been transferred 4 times and had to redial three times. I've spoken to four different people in different teams, 45 minutes into the exercise I am still trying to get to the right people to speak to about the transfer. Let alone raise the request.

I want add any subjective terms, you can make up your own mind on the above.

Tim
TimRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Horrible Customer Service

Coverage and speed are actually pretty decent in my area. The trouble starts when you need to interact with Optus in any way. Extremely unhelpful call centre staff who transfer you straight to a dial tone. Time to give another telco a go for me. Even a Optus reseller has to be better

Shellie
ShellieHunter Region, NSW

Optus Sucks

Worst customer service

Wanted a new phone, say I have bad credit due to previous account closure and I tried to explain but useless lazy sales team say wait 3 months I am like what the F. I was forced to close my account which has nothing to do with me. Previously someone breached the security to get into my account and ordered few phones under my name, which I have no history on Optus messenger but somehow Optus had the history that didn't align with my account history. Entirely Optus should be responsible for their own security breach and what I have gone through was given zero *** and useless customer service. Gain nothing but waste of time and money for being loyal for 7 years. At least make my account clean properly I still have some dirt on my account.

Blake
Blake

Horrible service

I have been with optus for years, network coverage is absolutely shocking and the plans are over priced. I've been sucked in many times with them promising better though have never delivered.

There was a debt which I owed and paid. Shortly after i started recieving calls from debt collection agencies claiming I owed money to optus. I sorted it out with a resolution officer, yet I'm still getting phone calls and constantly getting harrassed. I would not recommend the service to anyone. I wish I could rate them zero stars.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone

Free Galaxy Watch 4

Optus promises a free Galaxy watch 4 if you purchase the new Galaxy Fold 3 with their plan which is $55, what they won't tell you is that before you get that watch, they'd make you get another sim plan $10 (with the watch) until your contract ends. which is pretty useless because I just connect my watch to my phone via Bluetooth.

so I just got off with an agent tonight saying, that the other agent didnt inform me I need to get the $10 plan otherwise i wont get the (FREE WATCH). not so free anymore.

Huss
HussVictoria

Very bad service

Very bad customer service. Stay away from Optus because they don’t solve anything and just steal money from everyone and they don’t have good WiFi reception. It’s been months and until now I’ve asked them to help me with the bad reception I am experiencing and they haven’t done anything. They are very rude and this is my last time with Optus.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE

I have been an Optus customer for so many years and until this year I didnt have any major issues. Though in August 21, I had a query which has taken 6 different agents and numerous phone calls and messages to try to resolve my query. Then I find out today 13/9/21, that it still hasnt been fixed, so yet again I contact Optus and hopefully this will be the last time, as I was advised that notes where added however they didnt make the relevant changes.
So I am VERY DISAPPOINTED and VERY FRUSTRATED. I will not recommend Optus to any of my family and friends and I will be leaving Optus as soon as possible.

swampy
swampyPerth, WA

Very Bad Service

Plan TypePre-Paid Sim Only

Ruky D.
Ruky D.South East Queensland, QLD

Horrible website and app

I am with Optus since June 2021. It's horrible. Website don't work or super slow. I feel like it's 90s when I try to log into my account. The app always says it can't be used. So stupid. You can't view your bills , or why you getting over charged. We had a contract $60 a month for me and my husband but getting charged 145 a month for some reason.

Maddy

Phone sent for repairs, returned with the same issue after 4 weeks.

Maddy

I wanted to move my phone installment plan to another number that I was using.

I wanted to move my phone installment plan to another number that i was using. (I have 3 mobile numbers)
told me that its not possible. Highly unflexible for that reason, I pulled out my 2 other mobile numbers from their b*****sh*t services and will not be continuing with them ever again. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES.

OfOptus
OfOptusSydney, NSW

Optus are channeling The Handmaids Tale

Anabanana
AnabananaSydney, NSW

Amazingly Bad in 2021

I was with virgin snd was forced to go to Optus some years ago. No issues till this year when I decided to buy an apply watch through them. Sales rep told me one thing in phone, contracted me full price for watch and a $10 nbn sim. Ironic as I originally was prompted by an email that said save $190.I should have saved myself the trouble. As soon as I realised I had been mislead I asked to return the watch and they refused! I tried to return the same day it arrived. 2 mths later and contact to TIO they still can’t arrange a return
Worst customer service and case managers doubly incompetent and rude. What a putrid way to treat my situation. I will never recommend Optus mobile to anyone and will be changing providers

The most frustrating experience I ever had