Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Shortyy
ShortyyNew South Wales

Really pathetic effort on their part

They will tell you if you can't get a phone and sim plan to go onto a sim only plan for 3 months then go for it again. It's prove you can pay your bills to them despite lower credit scores. Dont bother its a waste of time! I've had a sim only plan for over 3 months paying more then the actual amount due to premium messages (which I'm happy to do) yet they refuse to give me a phone that's 25 a month. I'm on a 55 a month plan paying between 60 and 90 a month yet it's not good enough!
So much for saying Yes

Chris C
Chris CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terribly slow and unstable connection

Mobile speed is terrible. Goes straight into 3G multiple times per day.
Customer service takes forever to get to an issue. It took them 2 days (mind you i had to stay with the chat) to get back with POSSIBLE SUGGESTIONS, not even solutions.
Which did absolute nothing except waste my time. So my unstable and slow connection was not resolved, and they told me there's nothing they can do about it because their network is crowded and asked me to change to another plan as if it was going to give me better connection.

foxy 777Sydney, NSW

The Optus App Isn't working on my Fone at ALL.

Can't see the Billing 4 last month, Can't Tracked my Data USAGE 4 this month. The Optus App have gone on the BLINK AGAIN ESPECIALLY nowadays with So Called Modern Technology??? So what's the Point of having the Optus App on our fone???

Local Reception
Rin
RinSydney, NSW

Never had any issues with Optus

I live in Sydney and have never had any issues with Optus as a mobile service provider. I have lived in multiple locations around Sydney and never had an issue apart from in Erskineville but everyone has rubbish reception around there. They have always been helpful and polite when I use their customer service chat.

Nick B
Nick BSouth-East, TAS

Laughable company

Ridiculous prices, even worst customer support and straight up rip offs. Had many problems and would spend hours waiting for someone and when you finally got through they would just send you off to a different person who still couldn’t help! I’m glad I swapped as soon as I could!

Claire L.
Claire L.

Rubbish

I had a problem with my SIM for ages. It kept dropping out, so I would lose service for hours. I went to an Optus shop, but unfortunately my SIM was in someone else's name and apparently they needed to be present with photo ID in hand before they could do anything. I even offered to Skype them and have them hold up their ID, but the apathetic sales assistant gave a flat "no." We worked different shifts, so it was borderline impossible for us to find a time at which we could go to a store, but eventually we managed it (by taking the day off). And lo and behold they had switched over to a new system that very morning and couldn't help us!

Nickos
Nickos

Nothing but hassles, dramas and limitations

Local Reception

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Harry S.
Harry S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems good to me bordering on excellent

Everyone seems to bag on them. I've always had great service, they reduced my plan for being a 2 year customer by $10 a month and doubled data. Waived phone costs when I broke mine. Upgraded a network area after I notified them it was slow. Contact centre friendly and polite.

Maybe read your contract prior to signing up if you're annoyed about cancellation / break costs.

Flying Fijian
Flying FijianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very poor service

Got my s20 ultra on a 24 month plan 5 months ago. Yesterday the microphone stopped responding. Went into OPTUS outlet on Bourke street where i was told the phone needs to go in for repair. The sad part is they said they dont offer any temporary replacement phone although they continue to charge my plan.

Tikiii
TikiiiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Customer service ok - Phone Insurance is a joke.

Iv been a customer with Optus for many moons now, i will stay the plan i have is pretty good compare to other providers.

what i don't suggest is purchasing phone insurance unless you love being without a phone for 4 weeks when you come to make a claim.

its been 3 n half wees since i surrender my phone to be repaired, still don't have it back and have been told it could take a further 5-9 business days. would make it a total of 4 and half weeks. Mind you the phone isn't being fixed, infact its been replaced with a refurbished phone. Just unacceptable.

Julia Conway
Julia ConwaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Honest Review from Honest Customer

Ron V
Ron VPerth, WA

Like dealing with the amnesiac club

ADg
ADgPerth

Customer service

Richard
RichardMelbourne

Changed mind - sentence back phone - still paying for it months later

After changing my mind within 24 hours of getting the phone (didnt like it once I could actually hold it) I took it back to Optus and asked to cancel my contract and return to my old one. They accepted and organised for it to be returned. However the warehouse haven't registered the return and I'm not atuck in pergatory with neither the shop or the warehouse knowing what to do and I'm still paying for a phone contract i don't have month later. We try and call but there is always An excuse or issue and they get confused. Very frustrating. Still unresolved.

Plan TypePost-Paid with Phone
JGood
JGood

It's great

Great plan for me, a bit more expensive than others, but free roaming is very useful. Huge data caps, helpful when NBN goes down.
Coverage can be a bit choppy, also customer service can be hit or miss.