Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile (page 2 of 4)

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Dan Y
Dan YSydney

Great mobile service, but customer support can be hit or miss

Indy
IndySydney, NSW

Very helpful overseas customer service

After I've been trying to solve the issue on my account apps, finally one of their overseas customer service can help to solved it today. Overall their service is not bad...

Erica
Erica

Cheap and reliable

I’ve just switched to Optus mobile and so far haven’t had any issues, plus it’s just SO much cheaper than a lot of the competitors.

Sam
Sam

Service

Good plan great staff anf service. Were honest and outgoing. When we had problems were quick to help out at garden city storee

Brighty
BrightyOran Park

Reliable and works

I’ve been with Optus mobile for a year and had a very good experience. Coverage is good even in a green fields housing estate. I recently recontracted for another 12 months and got a cheaper price for more data so very happy. Only negative was the issues with the World Cup on Optus Sport but now with the EPL it has been flawless again.

Ozgirl
OzgirlNorthern Region, NSW

I really like the deals they offer

In some areas the coverage is alright but as i travel north, 40 mins the courage is awful and i only get 2 bars if im lucky.
I'm on a plan. after i paid off my other phone and had it for a while, i got a sim only plan for $40, which was still unlimited calls and text and gave me 15gb of data. it's a great value.
Their customer service is alright, but it could be better.

Jack
JackAdelaide

Good service, medium-high cost

Reliable network never had an issue, 79 a month for galaxy s7 edge and 3gb of data was quite expensive, moving from postpaid to prepaid was problematic due to having to receive new sim to get prepaid deal.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Merel
MerelSouth Yarra

Great deal - "sneaky service"

Alex
AlexMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great service,patience staff and great deals

Staff so helpful . I just signed up for a new plan ..good value for money..new phone and a lot of support on how to set up and transfer everything from my old phone.

Kimmie
Kimmie

Always helpful

I never have an issue with service, only when I go far up bush, do I lose reception, which is to be expected. Plan is postpaid, phone choice is great. Store customer service is great

Philip Harcourt
Philip HarcourtSydney

Good coverage at a great price

Optus has a very responsive customer service team and their coverage is great. Probably the best priced of the big telcos in australia. Value for money.

corbs
corbsSydney

Hurstville Staff were Fantastic

Left previous carrier due to rude staff and no one knowing what the next person was doing. Staff st Hurstville were fantastic. Gina in particular. Knowledgeable, professional, approachable. Really made the decision to switch a decision I’m happy with.

Cooper09
Cooper095 Lloyd street morphettville sa 5043

Optus is a good mobile company

Wen u get behind in ur bil or due date is in between pay days they wil work out a affordable payment arrangement

Hoppy
HoppySydney

Good price but some issues with coverage

Good priced services but patchy coverage for the internet in some areas outside of the Sydney metro areas. Unlimited data would be ideal

baoz
baoz

Data Sim plan

Network coverage is pretty good in the inner west area and I went on a postpaid plan which offered 25% off the bill for the contract period which was pretty good offer on 140gb plan for 12 months.

Dexter
DexterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Reliable Speed with Good Network Coverage in Melbourne + Outer Region

Pretty good network coverage. Much better than Vodafone but trailing behind Telstra mobile.
Postpaid plan is easy to set-up but have to be careful with their Premium SMS service. They will auto subscribe you. Was stung $30 at the first month for MIA Sphere Live but waived off after having a chat with Optus chat online. If unsure about the suspicious fees, show them the link and they will waive the fee no question ask: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/MIA-Sphere-Live/td-p/305854
They maybe a multinational thief (from Singapore) but at least they offer better package than Telstra and Vodafone. You also get Optus Perks, which is nice.

jmmyjrg
jmmyjrgMelbourne

Pretty good for me - but depends on the plan, and your budget

Andrew
AndrewSydney

Quick to set-up and get going

Network coverage is good, but still falls slightly short from Telstra (even in urban areas). Their shops vary a lot but I had good experience in Chatswood recently and it took less that 15 minutes to set-up a new deal without any problems.

Meng Chai
Meng Chai

The speed of 4g plus and customer service of optus never let me down

The network reliability is 7/10 the reason being is that the network speed is so fast during the non peak hour but peak hour the speed is compromised. I'm currently having postpaid plan which includes 12 gb internet, unlimited sms, unlimited call, 300 minutes international (which is good for international student) and also data free music streaming service. The plan is $36 per month and I really think the customer service is really good

meggie
meggieBrisbane

Good plan for me

We're happy with Optus. We've a shared data plan. My husband has a $30 unlimited calls & texts with 1GB of data (he never uses data). For $50 I get unlimited calls & texts + 5 hours overseas speaking time & 8GB of data. Our data is shared with our desk top computer also so 9GB altogether. I've never used more than 4.5GB per month so more than ample for us. $80 per month total. Beats using home phone + paying for 2 mobiles & computer separately....so much cheaper. If I need customer service I go to our local Optus shop & they ring their support desk in Australia for me. So frustrating trying to talk to overseas but I believe that all the others do also.

Susan O
Susan ONewcastle

This Service Really Works For Me

Kirsten
KirstenBrisbane

Good prepaid service.

Good app to see how much data & minutes you have left. Pretty cheap for the amount you get. Great coverage!

Mr D
Mr D

Some excellent perks - but 28 day expiry!?!

Un metered spotify is the bomb. Good value on a $30 prepaid. They just need to make the plans a full month not 28 days! I would even go $1 a day!

Service in perth can be spotty but good price

remote and hills area is sometimes hard to get reception but so much cheaper than telstra. cant really complain at $30 a month for unlimited. data is a bit low. customer service is terrible

John