Optus Mobile

Optus Mobile (page 3 of 4)

Brand Manager for Optus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Best experience

Alan F.
Alan F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Service

I needed to buy a basic 3G mobile to replace my wife's 2G .... She only needs a Talk Text mobile...Visited our local Optus Stores at Westfield's Shopping town, Marion SA. Got terrific service...Salesperson offered me a suitable 3G Talk & Text Alcatel one touch 20.45x and because I'm not up with all the latest tech stuff he helped me set it up and assisted with it's many features. Could not believe it only cost $29.00 ... Extremely happy with Optus and the new mobile !

Smith
SmithSydney, NSW

Prepaid plan

I have the $30 pre paid Optus plan. I get unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles. And unlimited texts.
I love it. No problems with connecting. And I arranged for auto recharge so I don't have to remember to recharge.
I will stick with them as long as they don't increase their pricing.

Tom
TomSydney

Excellent customer service

Very happy with their customer service. Representative was very helpful. Listened my problem carefully and tried his best to help me. Very happy with Optus customer service.

Sensible
SensibleAU

Live Chat is a waste of time

My coverage is excellent and I have had no problems changing plans etc BUT...speaking to someone on the phone is so much easier than the Live Chat system Optus uses to manage their queries. It is extremely difficult to find the direct phone number for dealing directly with Optus over the phone Ao Live Chat is there option to deal with issues.

30 mins later, I was still typing comments in order to get an answer on a simple billing issue that could have been answered in 2 minutes. Even if I had been left on hold, I would have received a quicker answer rather than typing simple answers. It is not working Optus, fix it please!

Pretty Darn Happy

Okay I've been with optus my whole life and nothing's ever gone wrong (with plan, payment)! I recently got a new phone plan which took a while to process due to high demand and some calls which did take a while to connect to a sales person but the people from optus have been so DARN NICE AND HELPFUL, answering all of my questions and constantly apologising for any inconveniences! If only I grabbed his name but an employee in particular was so lovely over the phone and even made a conversation with me not about my issue... Which was absolutely great & and made me happy to choose optus even more :) Overall pretty good customer service but only downside is it takes a while to be connected to someone if your calling optus customer service.

TrentApK
TrentApKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pritty good

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider
Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Happy Jayco customer
Happy Jayco customerSunshine Coast Qld

Customer service is great.

I have an Optus pocket wifi. I find the coverage is adequate most of the time given the price of the service, and our home location. However I have to give Optus customer service 5 STARS. Today I called them because it appeared that I'd gone through a lot of data. It was asking me to recharge the card. I knew that I couldn't have gone through all my data. I rang them and they straight away were very helpful. I had my dates and times of use on my data usage app and immediately they reinstated all my data with an extra couple of GB thrown in for causing me some inconvenience. The lady I spoke to was SO helpful. She rang me a couple of times to make sure the extra data was showing on my app. Really helpful and very fair. I'm impressed.

Brad c
Brad cHobart

Pleasantly surprised.

Erin
Erin

Not perfect but not bad at all, Optus

I was an Optus mobile customer back in 2006/2007 and subsequently left as I signed up with other providers. Recently signed up for their $50 unlimited call and text plan with 8gb data and so far, so good. A few hiccups in terms of delays in hearing back from them and in getting the sim, but got the issues sorted out using the live chat service. Keep it up Optus.

Lauren
LaurenSydney

Really good service

I have now been with Optus for around 5 years and I continue to be really happy with their service.
Recently I got the run around with Telstra about getting internet for my new apartment. I went to Optus and it took them less than 20 minutes to set me up with a mobile wifi that not only met my data needs and was cheaper than Telstra, but they linked it with my phone account and got it even cheaper.
Their staff are unfailingly polite and helpful, and I have no problems with the service.

Happy Chappy
Happy ChappySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Prepaid is Fair enough and postpaid is a trap if you choose the wrong plan for your usage pattern

KaKSMW
KaKSMWMelbourne

Excellent service and extremely helpful managers

Albinus
AlbinusDarling Downs, QLD

Not perfect, but been rather happy over the years.

Brent E
Brent ESydney, NSW

Pretty good...

Greg
GregMelbourne

Optus extremely frustrating

MoonSydney

Worst of the worst never join Optus

I want my voice to be heard. This company ridiculously ignores customer complaint. There sales team sold me a plan over the phone giving false information and when I got the $300 dollar bill I refuse to pay and told them your sales team gave me false information but they didn't did anything instead they put me through credit recovery agency and after paying the settlement amount they put me as credit defaulter. I tried so many time to remove my name , even to my hardship and emergency need my loan will not be approved until 2014 that's when my credit default expires . So don't go with Optus they are after your money customer service bull [censored word removed].

Moon

I Ben I am using this forum for first time so accidentally i used wrong rating? i would not like to give then any star

Mr Computer Guy Doctor
Mr Computer Guy DoctorWarrnambool

Great Deals On Optus Social

Great Service worth Your Money But Phone Service Is Had To Understand What They Are Saying The Phone A Bit Dear to buy but still good to get a $2 Sim Also There Tower Was Out And Got fixed The Next Day When Telstra Exchanged Had A Fire The Tower Were Still Working
Cheap Great Deals

Optus Support

Have had an Optus mobile for almost 15 years. We now live in regional Australia, and though Telstra reception is wider ranging, we will stay with Optus as their service and support is excellent. Unfortunately Optus do not offer landline and home broadband service in our area. When they do, we will likely connect.
Helpul staff over the phone or at sales office.
Unable to connect land line and broadband with Optus, Regional coverage.

clarebear1983
clarebear1983Peel, WA

Yes Optus, Yes service :)

The Optus stores I have dealt with (Kippa Ring QLD and Perth City) have both been great in terms of knowledge and customer service. There was little I could say to fault them except perhaps it was very time consuming. The service providers made me feel comfortable and welcome within the stores.
Customer Service & Product Knowledge
Time consuming

TrialAndError
TrialAndErrorAU

Love my Optus

I have been with Optus mobile for over 10 years and have very little to complain about except for long on-holds with Optus. My work has taken me to the 4 corners of Australia many many times and I don't re-call any network coverage problems in any capital cities. I think this website encourages people to complain - you rarely hear satisfied people speak up.
good value, reasonable service, good coverage around Australia
long on holds when talking to Optus

789AU

My best move. Ever.

I moved to Optus after problems with a previous carrier.

This was a great move, the reception is decent, except for the support. It is a bit of a muddle going through support... otherwise, it was fantastic.

I have reception inside my house? I find that weird, I didn't get that with Vodaphone.

I also get reception inside shopping centers - Macarthur Square as an example.
Inexpensive, Great reception
The phone support is confusing

illicit_angel
illicit_angel

Good

Tasch
Tasch

Good

I really like optus and have used them for years now. For some reason they get the best coverage in our area. I always get better coverage around here than my husband and son do on their telstra phones. I just wish I'd thought ahead enough to ensure they got optus as well as I've heard that they do good rates between phones etc.
Best coverage in our area. Great plans. Love that I can call any landline for 25 cents for first five minutes. Good customer service.
Wish I'd got the whole family to get optus to make phoning them cheaper.

Good Service The cheapest pre paid deal ever