3Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012

Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012

3Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012
3.9

70%13%18%
Brand Manager for Yokohama? Claim your listing.

Trip Tracks
Trip TracksBrisbane
Fazz
Fazz21 posts

Wear out too quickly!

Has them fitted only did 20,000kms with them had okay grip offroad. They stopped my 1993 Suzuki Vitara JX estate wagon sliding in the wet until half the tread then lost it! :(. These in my opinion were more a HT/AT not full on AT. These were okay on the beach. They did really good breaking in any conditions until the end of the tread.

Positive:

+Great grip in the wet!

Negative:

-Wear down too quick!, more a highway tyre than an AT tyre.

Andrew B
Andrew B2 posts

Good value

I have had this set of Geolander ATS on for 80,000km . Many of the km's I have clocked up have been on mine sites in far north QLD heavily loaded & towing a 3.5t bunded fuel trailer over very hard rocky ground only 1 puncture from a big stone at about 75,000km . I have not had any trouble with the tyres chipping & they still grip well in the wet .

I could get another 5,000km before hitting the wear marks if I stayed on the tar . So I will seriously consider these again as I'm due for new tyres

hotfudge
hotfudgeAU10 posts

Amazing customer service

I just purchased a set of these for my Colorado 7.

Within a week, I was unlucky enough to suffer a a severe puncture on a dirt road in the Karijini National Park on our way to Exmouth which was irreparable.

I was advised the closest Yokohama dealer in the direction I was traveling was Geraldton or a 1000km + return trip back to karratha where I bought them.

I was contacted by the local Yokohama rep who was advised of our predicament who sent a brand new tyre to Tyreright in Exmouth at no cost to me which I just had fitted.

Brilliant warranty and amazing customer service. Thanks again Mark.

Dave 2000Murcia2 posts

Absolute rubbish in my opinion

Four new tyres, first week off road and punctured by a twig...a TWIG!! Onlookers in the team were shod with everything other than Yokohama, they never had a problem!

Customer service as per an earlier remark...is poor...very poor.

That was all I had to say but needed more words to post.

Yokohama did finally contact me with regards this issue, some negotiation took place and the tyre was replaced with a later version, due to Spanish laws they had to replace the tyre on the opposite side of the axle as well FOC, they were happy for me to keep that as a spare.

Although the initial customer support was poor, the end result has gone some distance to making me happy to try out the newer version of this tyre.

william
william

High quality performance

These are amazing AT tyres. I have added these to my T31 Xtrail when I was living remote.They have a soft side wall, so deflating on serious offroad terrain is required. I have driven through rivers, over rocky terrain and deep sand. They have also travelled more than 70,000km and still have plenty of grip left. I live in an urban setting now, and it is amazing how quiet and grippy they are on asphalt. They are great tyres.

Trav B
Trav B

Feathering inner and outer tread Prado

They were great to start with, but after 15k they are now feathering on the inner and outer treads on my 2004 Prado. I have always used Yokohama on all my cars from F6 Typhoon, 04 Toyota Prado and the wife's Ford Focus. I must say that i am disappointed. When the Yokohama rep was contacted he didn't want to know about it. A mate of mine has them on his 2016 Ford Wild Track and the same thing s happening to him. I will spend the extra coin and get the BF Goodrich.

Ravenswood 9
Ravenswood 9North Queensland, QLD4 posts

Great value for money all round

I had these fitted along with 2 spares,143Km ago in 2008 when doing lot of gravel road work and although becoming a tad noisey on the black top as of late, they had to be retired as they were actually perishing. Still around 10K of tread left, but going rapidly, along with the fuel economy. Although a great value for money tyre, I fitted the original brand tyres as nearly all the time is spent on paved roads.

Steve W
Steve WSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Hi guys, Just about to go out and get a new set of A/TS. 95,000 km

Out perform all other tires I've had on my 2004 Suzi XL7 (4 different brands and types) including a/t and h/t. I stick mainly to the road but when I do go off road they perform as they should. I look after the maintenance on the tires and run 40 psi (take note) on the road. Do yourself a favor and get a set of these, you won't be disappointed.

9/4/17 Bought 4 tires at about half the price of last one's." Why ?" I wondered! Well of course! They're made in China. They don't have the same secure feel as the previous ones and they make a scrubbing noise on cornering on bitumen, as far as wear goes , I guess we'll find out. Can't complain...... yet !

Southwind
Southwind7 posts

Great tyres, should have changed to these ages ago

Handled the corners really well as well as giving great braking. Issues which I thought were car related had disappeared after I changed to these tyres, e.g. suspension, cornering, braking etc. So much better than my old Bridgestone H/T 687.

The only negatives were slow to take off and consumes ~1L more fuel per 100km.

Mr Churchill
Mr Churchill8 posts

Disappointing tread life

After replacing a set of Bridgestone Dueler 694 tyres at 63,000 km on my Challenger, I was told the Yokos would last even longer. Despite careful attention (regular rotation, pressure checks, balancing and alignments), and 99% bitumen travel, they are ready for the bin at 46,000 km. The tyres performed very well while they lasted, but for $339 each, the value is not there. Back to Duelers (697's now, LT construction).

Brianisfine
BrianisfineSydney, NSW6 posts

New Geolander GO12 are great

Had Geolander ATs on 2 previous cars as OEM and couldn't wait for them to wear down so I could get replacements. Didn't have to wait long! However, when planning a trip to the Kimberley in my 2014 Forester (18" wheels) I knew the stock Bridgestones would be a disaster. I bought some second hand 16" wheels and shod them with Geolander GO12s. After 14,000km up the Tanami Road and back along the Gibb River Road with various side trips on rougher roads still, the Geolanders took me anywhere that the Forester's clearance (220mm) would allow. I was sceptical at first and only purchased because of the price and the Bob Jane 3 for 4 deal, but I would definitely buy again. The new compound and tread pattern is a winner in my book.

Josh
JoshNewcastle2 posts

Awesome tyres!

Purchased a set of yokohama geolandar ats in the size 225/65 r17 for our 2010 suzuki grand vitara. Bought them from Bob Jane Tmart on a 4 for the price of 3 deal at $225 each.

Have only had the tyres a week but I am definitely impressed! They grip extremely well in the wet and dry onroad, and are noticeably quieter than the last tyres (kumho road ventures).

At lower pressures, they bag out really well, and couldnt complain about performance on the beach. I am yet to try them out on dirt etc, I expect they will be ok, as long as you aren't doing too much clay and mud.

Obviously can't comment on longevity just yet, but if I get above 60000 km's on them, I'll definitely but them again!

Holly
HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC72 posts

Will Be Purchasing A Second Set

I purchased these tyres to fit my 2009 Nissan X-Trail. They have been across the central desert on some pretty sharp stony roads and haven't had a single puncture. I was very surprised. They are relatively quiet on the tarmac, and good in the wet. I've done 25,000 kms on them so far and they're showing very few signs of wear. When they eventually do wear down, I'm definitely going to purchase another set. I've never been a Yokohama fan, but these tyres have me converted.

Jaya Basnayake
Jaya BasnayakeAyr3 posts

Tyres in Mitshubishi Outlander

When I bought my 4W it had 4 Yokohama Geolander H/T.S tyres. I had 30 trips to Melbourne from Townsville during last 5 years.

I never had any problem or destructions because of tyres. They are still very good even after 75000km. I am very happy with this product and recommend for any 4WD

Jasdeep
JasdeepDarwin, 8005 posts

Great set of tyres

Ok, so its been a week since I got Geolanders A/T-S 225/70/16 and they have been fantastic. Ride is smooth, cornering has improved. Previous tyres were Bridgestone D687s and I was not happy with them at all. Steering felt heavy and I felt i was putting my life in danger when going over 110 km/h. I tested Geolanders on Arnhem Highway at 130km/h and felt safe and in control. little bit of noise is expected but nothing extraordinary. Will keep this updated on how things go.

Show details ·  2

Jacko0573Metropolitan Adelaide, SA13 posts

I'm sure they're better if used on road

Initially very happy after fittment, but two trips to the Flinders Ranges have hurt them. The result, while they never got a flat the chips to the tread have made them noisy on road. Based on the wear I'll probably get 60k out of them before their done which is reasonable for what they cost.

Jacko0573

5 trips to the Flinders, no punctures and still they're hanging in there 38K km on them now. I'm impressed I've never had a flat.

Dave
DaveBilinga2 posts

Constant loss of air pressure

Purchased tyres for my Honda CR-V, have had nothing but trouble with tyres going down to 7 psi worst best being 15 psi took them back got nitrogen in them within 7 days went down again. Unhappy purchased in Robina tyres rus going back Monday see what happens. Not happy at all.

Ratu
RatuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Quiet 265/60 R18

Better then the Dueler D697 on tarmac as it's quieter and smoother. I can now turn the radio volume down and have phone conversations without shouting. Also, a little more comfortable on bumpy roads. But the Dueler had light trunk construction side walls, which are better to have off-road, so guessing that may be the reason. Haven't done any off-road on these yet.

Many reviewers are saying the tires are made in Japan, but mine clearly say 'Made in Thailand'. So ask the dealer first where they are made before buying.

Very expensive for Thai made tires so dropping a star rating.

JRS
JRSSanta Cruz

Nice tire but lost mpgs

I own a 2014 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 and wanted a more aggressive tire. The Firestone Destination that came were more of a Spring, Summer and Fall tire. I researched lots of tires and finally decided to go with the Yokohama Geolander A/T-S tires. Almost immediately I noticed a large drop on my gas mileage. My Cherokee used to average from 27 to 28 miles to a gallon, With the Geolanders it now gets from 23 - 25 miles to a gallon. So if you don't mind the gas mileage drop, these are nice tires.

dtrindustries
dtrindustries4 posts

Quiet as a mouse

I have these on our 2005 Range Rover Vogue, upon driving from the dealership (bob Jane) the first thing I noticed was the steering was a lot lighter, then leaving the streets and onto the highway is where I realised there was something dramatically different with the car, it was eerily quite, the difference was remarkable, I am really happy with them and after 80,000 they only look about 50% worn, brilliant value for money and I will buy again

Gidgee
GidgeeThe Mallee, VIC2 posts

Losing air & rubber quicker than other brands

Tyres keep losing air over long (Bendigo to Brokenhill) distance this is the second set I've had; changed to Another brand at the same time on the front of Forester and Yokohama rear. Other brand have heaps more tread, less wear on edges this time around! On road only for use so far x 4 trips with rotation.

Jake
Jake

Wouldn't go back

Had a set of these in 255/70r15 (29.1/10.43r15) and they only lasted 60000 km, had very little grip in the wet or off road. Replaced them around 10000 km ago with 30/9.50r15 bfgoodrich all terrain and will be sticking to them from now on. Yokohama go12 were a unreliable set of tyre and wore out fast in the center l, even though then had a rotation and balance every 10000 km and always ran 34 psi.

Steven R
Steven RGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC8 posts

Yokohama Geolandar AT/S G012 265/60/R18

These tyres perform way better than my OE Bridgestone Dueller H/T D840. They are more sure footed in the rain on the road and do not slide around through roundabouts. On gravel roads they have good grip and control. I was surprised how good the ride is and the noise - I cannot tell the difference from my old Highway Terrain tyres. I definitely recommend this tyre if you want a quality All Terrain Tyre that will grip the road, stop well and still allow you to go off-road on sand, some mud and snow. Very happy with these tyres. And yes they are made in Japan - so rare to find anything made in Japan these days .

Dunk
DunkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

great tyre for pajero nh

well got great milage rotated every 5000k roughly 70k out of them this was soft off roading highway use beach use quite very impressed not sure how they will go on nw pajero which l have just bought but will find out soon so if they are like the nh should do well from them

Tony
Tony2 posts

Geolander AT-S

Currently have done around 60,000 km on these and they have been pretty good all round. These were much better than the previous Cooper ATR's i had on the xtrail. Over the last 10,000km they have become a bit noisier and wear has been a bit uneven . Tyre rotation has been mostly been done between 10 - 15 k. Probably will change to a H/T tyre in the future due to less offroad use nowadays.

Glen
Glen

Disappointing

Bob Janes recommended them. Got 25000k on first set and 28000k on second set on 4runner.

Just to compare with cheap simex get 45000 from these. Same driver and terrain. Use them everywhere 85% road 15% off.

Peter
PeterNairne SA4 posts

Geolander AT-S

The G012 A/T-S are awesome and anyone who drives on gravel a bit will testify to that. The previous review mentioned the Geolander SUV ... these are not the A/T-S tyres, so I suggest you disregard that opinion for this thread. We paid $279 ea for 3 A/T-S tyres and got the 4th free from Bob Jane Mt Barker - awesome :)

Show 2 replies

Casta
CastaAU8 posts

They keep up with the big boys!

After 50,000km (4 yrs) I am due to change my 2004 Pajero Yoko's (265/70/16) as fairly worn . As part of the Pajero Club I have done some tough 4WDing in the high country and have easily kept up with everyone else running Coopers & BFGs. After having achieved 90,000km on the previous set of BFGs the lifespan was a little disappointing with these but what made up was the low road noise & comfort vs the BFGs. Great traction on both dirt & bitumen & never had a puncture.

Mapman
Mapman

AT stands for Awesome Tyres

I've got the ATs on my kitted up Prado 120 TD and have done over 60,000km, they still look good and I could easily get another 40,000km. Great grip in the wet on bitumen and perfect to drive over sand dunes and dirt tracks (using recommended tyre pressures of course). Quiet and tough. I can highly recommend it.

Rick
Rick

Good

Bought a set for my hilux and got 120000 out of them, the ute is always loaded up with work gear so there was always a bit of weight. I can't really fault them payed $1200 4x 225/70/16.

Good value I thought for the k's.

Only my opinion. Take care

GRAEM WATTS
GRAEM WATTS

ChrisG
ChrisG

This is not the AT/S tyre (you mentioned SUV in your review). This is a different compound and pattern, though Yokohama claim higher mileage.

Diesel Forester 2010
Diesel Forester 2010Adelaide

Take a pounding

I have a set of Yokahama Geolanders AT/s fitted to my 2010 Diesel Forester, have completed several tracks over the last two years including parts of the Sturt Stony Desert, Old Ghan line, Strezlecki, Birdsville and Oodnadatta tracks and Flinders Ranges. Have no hesitation in recommending these tyres. Very impressed.
Hard wearing
Joey_rks
Joey_rksGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Wiz.au
Wiz.auWoden 2606, ACT35 posts

They are not "soft", don't listen to others

I've had these on my R50 doing state forests, commuting and highway work for 20,000 and they still look like new. I have the 10.5x30x15LT rated. I'd put them up against the more expensive Bridgestone D694's anyway. However, when I say that, it appears the price on this tyre has nearly doubled since I bought mine. and they are well over $300 now?
Cheap ($150), quiet, good traction on the road.
Terrible in mud, but hey, it's not a MT Show 2 replies
Geoff Mc
Geoff McAU2 posts

Travel without Fear

Just completed the Old Gunbarrel Hwy and Eyre Paninsular 9/2012 in a 100 series L/cruiser. Yokahama A/T-S tyres performed beautifily no puncturs, leaks at all with these tyres, with 40psi all round. These tyres perfom well in the wet and have very little road noise in cab. Tyre are well priced for the performance.
Great value, Very litte road noise, performs well in sand & gravel and gives good mileage
 Show reply

RalphG
RalphG

A very good tyre for my Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. I have travelled 50,000 Kilometres and all tyres are evenly worn and are just at the bar indicating end of useful life for snow, so they shouls last untill at least 60,000 Kilometres which is fiarly good for a heavy vehcle like the Jeep
Qiuet on highway at 110 Km/hour. Handles well on both wet and dry bitumen. Handles well off road and on shallow mud
Do tend to slide around a bit on deeper (more than 50mm) mud, but they are not a mud tyre.
shane1969
shane19693 posts

Beat bridgestones offering handsdown would never buy another bridgestone product, much better off road than Dunlop garbage. i would reccomend these to anyone.
postive feed from steering on road and off road, great mileage quiet.
nothing yet
DSAurora
DSAuroraAU

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Yokohama? Claim your listing.