You Compare

You Compare

See the Best Energy Comparison Websites in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cheating Service In The Name Of You Compare

They will call you and mention that they would offer 20% discount on utility bills. The payment will be realised correctly and we would make the discounted payment to them. After 2-3 months, the amount would be reversed and we would be liable to our service provider.

They are just using stolen or some pre planned credit cards for these transactions. After a month or so, actual customer or they themself would raise a dispute / chargeback on the transaction and claim the money back onto card.

Note: If you want to see if they are genuine, ask them to pay the amount via BPAY using Bank account instead of using the credit card for these transactions. Also take the time of 180 days after the payment to repay to you compare (because as per credit card guidelines payment cant be raised a dispute / chargeback reversed after 180 days).
PS: I have email exchanges and chat communications on this.

***They do not have an office too; They will mention an address, but if we go to that, you wouldn't find their office***
Few of their contact numbers / email IDs - 03 9111 2477, 0488 894 383 (whats app), 0488 874 002 (whats app), sales.youcompare@hotmail.com and utility.bills@outlook.com

Do not trust them and do not lose your hard earned money.

100% false promises

Firstly they give you 100% guarantee that they will give you a good discount and after few months they reversed their payment from your provider, then you have to chase you compare all the way until they will responce you back, please don't trust them at all. You compare is one of the irresponsible company, the offices are in overseas and the employees do not know what they doing on job, i guess it's all fake, please it's a humble request to all residents who live in Australia do not trust them at all.

Regards

Gave me false information

I contacted You Compare when shopping around for a better electricity deal. I was contacted by a [name removed] or [name removed] who crunched some figures for me based on my last bill usage. She then told me about an offer and compared the result with my current provider's off, which based on her figures, would have saved me $44 based on my last usage data. I specifically asked her if that comparison amount included GST, to which she said "yes, including GST". The offer seemed too good to be true, so I asked her to call me back in 30min, during which time I recalculated both the charges from the new provider and those of my current provider and it turns out she had only applied GST to the final figure from my current provider to make her new offer sound more attractive. When she called back, I told her that I had signed with a different company as the figures she had provided me were false and she had only included GST on the total from my current provider, not the one she was trying to sign me with. She did not apologise for providing me with false or incorrect info and simply said, "oh, you already signed with someone else? Ok, bye"
Be careful to double check all the information this company provides you, they are not honest.

Hi Kate, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologise for the negative experience you had while using our services. Please email us at feedback@youcompare.com.au and we will investigate this further. Kind Regards, Youcompare

Keeps constantly calling

They call me up to three times a day. Now have them blocked but it goes to voicemail with no message left. Very frustrating. I would not use their services due to the harassment you get for enquiring.

Hi Kate, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologise for the negative experience you had while using our services. Please email us at feedback@youcompare.com.au with your details so that we can notify our team not to call you again. Kind Regards, Youcompare

Dishonest salesman

This is what happened to me. Youcompare phoned me on behalf of Optus and promised me a mobile broadband service for $60 per month with 200gb of data. The device arrived and I used it for approximately 3 days with limited hours. Then the bill arrived for $80 a month. I rang Optus several times and explained the problem. No result. Optus kept pursuing me on my mobile phone and the bottom line was, they said I'd signed a 24 month contract at $80 a month and there was a cancellation fee of $310 and I needed to return the modem. I explained until I was blue in the face that the 24 month contract was invalid because Youcompare offered me $60 a month and that was what I agreed to, but Youcompare neglected to tell Optus and Optus were dead-set on me paying it. The upshot? Optus cancelled the contract after I explained I would go to social media and tell them of my experience. I had to pay $67.42 to get out of this dodgy deal. Be wary of shonky salesmen and companies who won't be fair even though this was not right. The victims are generally the ones who get it in the neck :(

Unsolicited phone calls even when blocked

They started calling my phone, when I answered I had static. When they went to voicemail there was background noise. I received 4 calls in the space of 15 minutes. I’ve blocked the number but somehow they still get through to my voicemail leaving static. I have no idea what they want and they don’t seem to get the message I’m not interested!

Hi Mia, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience. We’d appreciate the opportunity to look into this further on your behalf. If convenient, could you please email us at feedback@youcompare.com.au and we will respond as soon as possible. Kind Regards, Youcompare

Customer Service awful

Initially youcompare.com.au were friendly and wonderful in organising a cheaper electricity alternative. Now, two months later I am still getting a bill from my initial electricity provider and I rang youcompare to ask for information as to whether everything has gone through.
The young lady on the telephone (just now) was rude and had no interest in answering my question. She just dismissed me - in a very unfriendly way. Not the Australian way!

Bad service

Youcompare suggested me to switch to powerdirect. After more than 2 months, nothing happened, no progress. I called them and got answer that my application had been cancelled without a reason.

Discount as said was not given to me!

Bad service - discount was not actually given to me. Bill so high!!! They are good in selling, poor in delivering what they say. Ask them they say you signed up already we cant help!

Service was great!

I wanted to compare different broadband plans and I stumbled upon youcompare. Website can be a little confusing, but after I filled out a quick form, I was able to browse through the broadband plans that they had. Now they don't have all of the providers out there, however youcompare customer service were very informative and they found me a broadband plan that was A LOT cheaper than what i was paying before. I'd definitely use their service again.

Helpful service

I used You Compare to review my energy plans. I found them to be helpful and they saved me a significant amount of money. I will use their service again to find a better deal on my pay TV. Recommended!

Bad power/gas compare

I used them to compare Power/gas the company they recommended had the worst review rate I've seen and I when tried to respond via email it bounced back at me and stated that people had reported it as a scam BEWARE and when they rang me back to follow up I accused them of being a scam and they hung up on me BEWARE.

When nothing compares

I went to a website, youcompare, to compare mobile broadband plans - which they advertise: I note you must submit a contact phone number. After checking through their site I discovered they only have ONE supplier OPTUS, which you can can't compare to anyone else. They do note they do not have TELSTRA mobile broadband plans; but there are several other major suppliers, i.e. Vodafon, dodo and obviously Telstra.
A few minutes later I received a phone call from Youcompare offering assistance to compare mobile broadband suppliers plans. I told the caller my requirements and whilst she was checking, I said it wouldn't be OPTUS would it? Yes she confirmed, OPTUS was the best deal. At this point I informed her that OPTUS was the ONLY mobile broadband plan they had on their website, which she eventually confirmed and then hung-up.
That's not a comparison that's just misleading.