Youfoodz

Youfoodz Questions & Answers (page 5 of 13)

4.5 from 12,596 reviews

243 questions from our users

Jackie M

Jackie Masked

hi i was wondering if you guys can pick up the foam boxers and re use them?
thanks jackie

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Jackie! We certainly do pick up the foam eskies and reuse these for future customer orders :). All you need to do is leave your esky out when you are expecting your new delivery and the driver will collect the box in a 1 for 1 trade. If you ever do find that those eskies are piling up, please contact our customer service number on (07)36 330 708 as we will be able to put in a bulk Esky Collection request to get those off your hands for you.

Rose s

Rose sasked

Is youfoodz suitable for diabetics on insulin?

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Rose. We would love to have you on board as a loyal member of our fam but currently do not have meals that cater specifically for this type of request. All our nutritional information is available under the "ingredients" and "nutritionals" panels on our website, which you may find of use. We do apologise that we can't give a more definitive answer, but if you are able to consult your GP, they will be able to direct you further :).

Molly C

Molly Casked

For the protein powder sachets (30g) do I use the whole sachet in one smoothie or protein oatmeal or something like that?

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Molly! Thank you for reaching out with your question as many other customers have this query! The 30g sachets are designed to be used in full, so feel free to use them all at once in your smoothie or protein oatmeal. We hope that you enjoy the flavours and reach your health and fitness goals.

Den F

Den Fasked

Is the dinner portion size sufficient for an active man?

Lisa M
Lisa M

The meals are about 400 calories with a good portion of protein. Some men I know are happy with the size of the meal others aren’t I think it depends on what your used to eating.

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Den, thank you so much for reaching out with this question. It's a great one and I'm glad to answer it for you. I'm glad to see Lisa has been able to help answer your query as well. I can clarify that we have three main categories for all of our meals and snacks. Our menu is divided into Clean, Balanced and Relaxed meals. Clean meals are under 325 calories and Clean snacks are under 155 calories. Balanced meals range from between 326 to 425 calories and Balanced snacks are between 156 to 425 calories. Our Relaxed meals are under 550 calories and Relaxed snacks are under 390 calories. All of our meals and snacks are calorie and portion controlled to accomodate a range of diets, so will usually be sufficiently sized for an active male diet. In terms of calories, our Balanced and Relaxed meals may be more filling for such a diet than our Clean meals may be, but that may vary from person to person and is entirely up to personal eating habits and appetites. Hope this information helps and enjoy the rest of your weekend, Den! :)

Kim S

Kim Sasked

It has been advertised that you can get instore, where would that be?

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Kim, thank you so much for reaching out on this one! That's a great question. You can search your area at any time on the stockists page of our site. Please click the following link and enter your suburb or postcode to see your closest stockists, where you can buy fantastic selections of all your fave Youfoodz meals: https://youfoodz.com/pages/stockists
Thanks again Kim and enjoy checking out your local stores! :)

Maria L

Maria Lasked

Hey!
Do all the meals need to be reheated in the microwave? We don’t have one and I don’t really want one can they be reheated on the stove or oven?

AnneJ
AnneJ

Meals can go in oven or cook on stove.

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Maria, Anne is certainly right here! Most of our meals can be popped in the oven or cooked in a pan on a stove top. This really depends on your personal preference and how you wish to reheat the meals. The wraps do really well if you toast them in a sandwich press and some meals will be designed to be eaten straight out of the fridge and won't need heating (such as the Crumbed Chicken Pasta Salad). Feel free to read the heating instructions printed on each individual meal and adjust the heating instructions to suit your method. Hope this information helps and have a wonderful weekend! :)

Sam W

Sam Wasked

Just received my first delivery - Thanks for the bonus little extras (wasn't expecting that!) My question is about the bottles that the juices are in - do you collect these with the esky? or are they recyclable?

Hey Sam,
I am so happy to hear you have received your first delivery! Welcome to the Fam! :) You are very welcome, we love to surprise you with little gifts here and there to share the love. <3
In regards to the juice bottles, unfortunately, we do not collect these with the eskies BUT these are recyclable. :)

Khalid H.

Khalid H.asked

Hi There, an IGA just opened up here in St Leonards and I happened across a range of youfoodz. Just curious if the meat used is Halal?

Hi there Khalid H,
Thanks so much for emailing through to us. :)
Our beef, chicken, lamb and fish are supplied to us from Halal-certified suppliers, however, our kitchen is not fully Halal-certified please keep in mind that we do not separate the kitchen areas, and all meals are prepared in the same area.
We do have regular cleaning and sanitisation to ensure we have no x-contamination though.
Youfoodz does not label the meals as Halal, however, we are provided with Halal certified meats.

Belinda W

Belinda Wasked

How many grams of meat are in your clean chicken meals?

Hey there Belinda,
The number of grams of meat in each meal does vary from meal to meal but we do have a complete ingredient and nutritional breakdown of each meal in 'Our Menu' where it will tell you what percentages of the total gram weight is chicken. :)

Vonny

Vonnyasked

Hi I wanted to ask if the meat is grass fed and the chicken free range why is that not stated in the website?
also I haven't ordered before however the delivery window seems a little excessive? What is the time frame they give you the day before?

Liz Trieu
Liz Trieu

Hi Vonny, I assumed that it's NOT free range but been a Personal Trainer and a Fitness Competitor I can only speaks for the results of my clients as well that it doesn't have to be free range or gluten free for you to get results. the delivery window is long, however you don't have to be home I just get it delivered to my door step and collected after work

Hey Vonny,
In regards to our meats, I can confirm that all of the meats that are supplied to us are from Local QLD Farms and are indeed grass fed/free range. This includes all eggs, poultry, beef, lamb and pork that are supplied to us. I would love to pass this feedback to our team for you so we can look to include this information on our site to eliminate any confusion there. :)
With the delivery window the day before your order, you should receive a 3-4 hour timeframe where your order will be estimated to arrive in. We will also now send you a live tracker on the day of your delivery so you are able to track your order in live time!
YF Customer Care

I was recently informed on a phone call with a representative of Youfoodz that your meat is not 100% grass fed or free range. We were told that while you attempt to source from local grass fed farms, you cannot always keep up with demand.

I'm not sure that Youfoodz's representation here reflects this. Youfoodz's official account said: "In regards to our meats, I can confirm that all of the meats that are supplied to us are from Local QLD Farms and are indeed grass fed/free range. This includes all eggs, poultry, beef, lamb and pork that are supplied to us."

One statement or the other must be true, but not both. Perhaps Youfoodz should clarify this. In any case, would a suitable solution would be to specifically offer free range meals?

Razz

Razzasked

Hi I figured it that your lamb and beef is from 100 % halal certified butchers. But I just want to confirm that you don't mix all meat together in same container. I meant if you marinate them or something you don't mix all meat in same bowl? and another question is if you use a pot or mixer for pork do you was them, before using it for lamb or beef? or do you have separate cooking sets for different meat?

Hey Razz,
That is correct! :) Our lamb and beef are from 100% Halal Certified suppliers. I can also confirm that we do not mix any meats together in the same containers at all and we have strict procedures in place to avoid any cross-contamination with thorough cleaning on the equipment used in between each use!

Billigan01

Billigan01asked

Hi, is your food halal?

Hi there,
Thanks so much for emailing through to us. :)

KGA

KGAasked

Purchasing dinner meals for my parents while I am away. Never purchased before. They can't use microwave, is it okay in oven and if so, what temperature and how long on average?

You F.Youfoodz

Hi there, thank you so much for your awesome question! We completely understand that not all members of our fam have access to a microwave, so you definitely do have the option of heating up your meals in the oven. We would suggest you completely remove the food from the container, pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees and then leave the food in the oven for up to 10-15 minutes. Given that each oven is different, we would highly recommend that you leave the food in the oven until it looks completely heated as heating meals can vary slightly between ovens. We hope this makes sense and we sincerely hope your parents enjoy the meals :D.

Emma

Emmaasked

Hi, how long before delivery are the meals cooked, and is that time included in their shelf life?

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Emma, thank you for getting in touch with your excellent question as the idea of 'fresh food' is in our manta and it is critically important that customers are receiving what we advertise. Depending on where you live, our meals are cooked one or two days before they are sent out to you. This is factored into the shelf life on our containers to ensure that you are receiving the freshest food we can possibly provide. Our meals are in refrigeration as soon as they are cooked, are sent out to you in refrigerated trucks and are only exposed to the elements once they are sent to your doorstep. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to drop us a line at hungry@youfoodz.com or give our friendly customer service team a buzz on (07) 3633 0708.

Nat

Natasked

I accidentally left a sachet in the box while heating, is the food still safe to eat or does the plastic poison the food if heated with it?

You F.Youfoodz

Hi Nat, great question! Accidents certainly do happen, but we would err on the side of caution with this particular case. If you are at all concerned that the plastic has melted into your meal, definitely do not consume the meal. Our recommendation is to pierce the plastic film on the container, remove all sauce sachets and either drizzle the sauce on before or after you heat your meal. This comes down to individual preference, but I would strongly suggest that you don't consume meals in future if the sauce sachet is accidentally left inside the container.

Akay

Akayasked

Hi
Is the chicken halal by any chance?

You F.Youfoodz

Hi there, Akay. Thanks for your question. Our beef, chicken, lamb, and fish are all supplied to us from Halal-certified suppliers. Our kitchen, however, is not fully Halal certified. Please keep in mind that we do not separate the kitchen areas, and all meals are prepared in the same area. Be assured we do have regular cleaning and sanitisation to ensure we have no x-contamination though #CleanFreaks. Reach out if you have any other questions - Youfoodz Customer Care

Karlie000
Karlie000

After finding out you use HALAL meat I will not be eating any more I don’t believe in our animals being killed that way it’s wrong and cruel

Joan n

Joan nasked

Do you supply gluten free meals containing pasta ,crumbed meat anything containing wheat,barley or oats?

You F.Youfoodz

Hi there, Joan. Thank you SO much for your question! Our tasty YF menu (including no added gluten meals) is ever-changing, so keep your eyes peeled. This week we have over 25 meals and snacks with no added gluten, with more being added all the time. Woohoo! We have filters on our menu to help you find these bad boys. Unfortunately, this week we don't have any gluten-free pasta dishes. However, we can't have you catching a serious case of FOMO, we'll pass on your feedback to our Menu Development Chefs and let them know your hunger for gluten friendly pasta dishes. Reach out if you have any more questions -Youfoodz Customer Care

Angela

Angelaasked

Is there a drop off point for the empty boxes?

Hey Angela,
In regards to esky collections, unfortunately, we do not have a drop-off point. We do, however, love to reuse and recycle these eskies wherever possible so all you need to do is leave your empty esky out on the day of your next delivery and one of our drivers will collect that when dropping off your fresh order. :) Alternatively, if you have a few eskies that you require to be collect you are able to get in touch with us and we can arrange for a separate collection of those for you.

Sonflake

Sonflakeasked

Are the portion sizes ok for vertical gastric sleeve people? Would i be able to eat it all (bariatric portions) or waste or be constantly eating leftover meals.

You F.Youfoodz

Hi there! Great question!
Sadly, we do not have the correct personnel to give the professional advice or opinion on whether or not our meals are suitable for you to enjoy. We do highly recommend that you seek the advice from your local GP or Doctor, as every body type is different, and accepts varying types of food in different ways. We sincerely apologise that we couldn’t be more helpful, however, we do absolutely wish the best for your health. The last thing we would want is to provide you with any false or misleading information -Youfoodz Customer Care

Exy725

Exy725asked

I would like to know which farms Youfoodz sources there meat & Poultry from? Im only buying the vegitarina meals currently as Im very much into only buying from Free Range and Grass Fed only meat.

Hey there!
I can confirm that all of the meats that are supplied to us are from Local QLD Farms and are indeed grass fed/free range. This includes all eggs, poultry, beef, lamb and pork that are supplied to us. -Youfoodz Customer Care

Get an answer from our members and Youfoodz representatives

Other Food Delivery Services