Youi Car Insurance

Youi Car Insurance Questions & Answers (page 4 of 9)

Comprehensive, Third Party Property Only, Third Party Fire & Theft
Listing monitored by Youi

176 questions from our users

Marlene Heeger
Marlene Heegerasked
Car Insurance

What is your contact number please?

Google "Youi Insurance" and you will find all the information you need. Cheers

Team YouiYoui

Hi Marlene, our contact is 1300 221 036 for any queries. If there’s something I can assist with, email robynf@youi.com with your contact. Thanks for your time, Robyn :)

Graememcmillan
Graememcmillanasked

Can you offer
Me road side assistance plus insurance to retired > 65 year olds for our caravan plus car Ute total value 150k we pick them both up new this October so need all three can you do that thanks [details removed]

Boris Yasminsky

Graeme, your new (brand new) ute will come with a minimum of 12 months free roadside service with unlimited call outs. Depending on the make and model, it may come with 3 to 7 years roadside service and unlimited call outs. Youi only offers 2 call outs in a 12 month period and has a limited coverage area. The best insurers for caravans are CIL and QBE. If you are planning to do the "Grey Nomad" thing, QBE will be very competitive for the ute and caravan insurance. Cheers

Team YouiYoui

Hi Graeme, the very short answer is we can “possibly” provide you cover & the only way to be sure would be to complete a quote. I only say this because there are some cars and caravans that fit outside our underwriting guidelines. Youi Assist roadside assistance is included in the cover, limited to areas that can be accessed by a 2wd service VEH, & not on all islands (where ferry is required). Youi Assist includes 2 x excess free call-outs per contract period (12 months) & for additional call-outs, there is a $150 excess. It’s always best to consult the PDS to the levels of cover & you’ll find the limits to Youi Assist on page 15 of the current PDS.
Thanks for the great question & cheers, Jeremy

Jennifer W
Jennifer Wasked
Car Insurance

If i get half my premium in Youie dollars what does that mean? I was quoted at $187 per month so how many movie tickets could i buy?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Jennifer, the Youi rewards are a program we’ve got to help get a bit more out of your premiums. You’ll accumulate Youidollars for your policy which you can use in exchange for discounts on various things. There’s different deals depending on where you are, for example there’s an offer right now for up to $15 off two adult movie tickets. You use 15 Youi dollars & pay $29AUD for two e-saver tickets. To cap things off there’s also a popcorn deal :) I hope this helps, if I’ve missed anything feel free to contact ellat@youi.com & I can give you specifics. Thanks for getting in touch! - Ella

Boris Yasminsky

And only $19 for two adults at Event Cinema's if you have Roadside Service with RACQ or NRMA.

Barbara
Barbaraasked
Car Insurance

Are you as good as the South African Outsurance that you are affiliated to? We had wonderful treatment by them.

Team YouiYoui

Yes, we are a different entity, still we share many of their great qualities! Cheers Robyn :)

Boris Yasminsky

Youi Holdings Pty Ltd is a subsidiary of the South Africa-based RMI Holdings Limited.

Neville K
Neville Kasked
Car Insurance

I have comp car insurance and home contents insurance with you. Could you please tell me the cost of ctp which will be due in October.

Boris Yasminsky

Youi is only a reseller of CTP insurance. You would save time and money by contacting one of the licenced CTP insurers in your state.

Team YouiYoui

I’d love to Neville! Are you able to send the details of your current policies to ellat@youi.com? I’ll have one of the team get in touch & get a quote done – Ella :)

facetoface
facetofaceasked
Car Insurance

I have a Mercedes E class and wonder if it is safe to insure with Youi in case of a claim. I was told that the repairer don't use new genuine parts, is this true? Has anyone experienced this, or can the insurer reassure this?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Facetoface! Thanks for reaching out, repairs quality is super important when selecting an insurer. Youi uses a combination of genuine, refurbished or alternative parts depending on the vehicle & nature of repair. We’ll use genuine parts any time warranty is an issue & for older vehicles it can vary a lot depending on circumstances. If there’s an alternative part that does the same thing like a windscreen, we’ll usually go with that so you’re not paying a fortune in premiums. Sometimes for older cars, new genuine parts simply aren’t available or in circulation so we often have to go for alternative parts. I’d love to speak over the phone & try to give you more relevant info, did you mind sending your details to ellat@youi.com or in a PM?

Boris Yasminsky

facetoface - A good insurer will also offer a "lifetime warranty" on repairs too. Perhaps it would be wise to ask Youi if they provide this. Cheers

Team YouiYoui

Cheers Boris, thought I’d forgotten something there. Proud to confirm Youi also offers a lifetime guarantee on all authorised repairs for that extra peace of mind :)

Graham
Grahamasked
Car Insurance

Hi - wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me with Youi car insurance. Yesterday I had an accident - other party reversed into me and admitted fault. I tried to submit a claim with Youi and got a call telling me my options were to contact the other insurer myself and get it fixed or Youi could do it, but in that case despite the accident not being my fault they could not rule out my premium being impacted. I've got insurance with a number of companies, and this is the first time I've been told to contact the other insurer myself, otherwise if they do it they can't rule out an impact to my premium.

Team YouiYoui

A claim is never a situation any of us want to go through Graham & our aim is to have you back on the road asap. Insurance is about risk & many factors are taken into account when calculating the premium e.g. increase of risk, part costs & claims just to name a couple. With this said depending on your policy cover we would give you all the options available to help your claim progress smoothly as possible. I’m keen to look further into your case & see if I can shed more light for you. Please email robynf@youi.email your policy/claim details & I’ll give you a bell. Look forward to hearing from you, Robyn.

Boris Yasminsky

Contact The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) on 1300 780 808 or the Insurance Council of Australia on 1300728228.
Legal Aid may also assist depending on your circumstances.
Cheers

Hdnl
Hdnlasked
Car Insurance

If I am an unlisted driver involved in an accident whereby it is 100% that I am not at fault, is the unlisted driver excess still payable? And will the premiums go up on the comprehensive insurance?

Great questions Hdnl,
It all depends on how successful we are at recovering that excess from the other party. So, if it’s clear from the start that the other party is at fault, & if the details of the other party are collected (including name, address, contact number & insurance company) we can often waive the basic excess quickly but not the additional excess. After an incident, in the background, we explore who’s at fault – this can be a subjective opinion closely relating to what can be proven if it ever went to court for example. Even when it’s obvious to you who was at fault, when all the information is at hand, it can be surprising what a legal standpoint is, say just for example, there are no witnesses. It can take time & there are many unknowns so to get the car repaired we often collect the additional unlisted driver excess. Then, only once (or if) we’ve recovered that additional excess, the excess can be refunded.
Your premium is calculated on our risk analysis. Say you’re the best driver on the planet & you drive in peak hour very day of the week, you’re statistically more likely to be hit by another driver compared to the same driver who never commutes. That’d be fine if we recovered all costs associated with not-at-fault incidents but we don’t. As a result, not-at-fault incidents can increase your premium because statistically it could mean that you’ll be hit again. Not your fault but we’re talking statistics here, & as an insurer we’re attempting to predict the future! Thankfully, it’s not weighted as heavily as an at-fault claim against your premium.
I’m sorry for the long-winded explanation & I hope I’ve answered your question?
Cheers, Jeremy

Steven Seagull
Steven Seagull

What a load of baloney !. Time to insure with a real insurer.

Malemanasked
Car Insurance

I had a nearly 90 year old man crash into my parked vehicle in a car park. There is no dispute as to who is at fault and the car has been deemed a write off. Will this affect my premiums in the future?

I am nearly 40 (female) and have NEVER had an accident before. I am in the process of disputing the market value your assessors have quoted which was low and in conflict with my own market research which I have supplied to your claims@youi.com email address - at your assessors request.

My question is, are you (as my insurer) working for me and ensuring I get a fair deal? I wasn't even in the vehicle when this happened and at the moment it feels as though you have been helpful until the point where I really need you in my corner.

Boris Yasminsky

Contact The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) on 1300 780 808.
Legal Aid may also assist depending on your circumstances.
This is typical of Youi and reviews about claims concerning market value prove it

Maleman

I'm really hoping a Youi representative will answer Boris, but thank you for the response. I'm aware of next steps for escalation but I'd like to give them the opportunity to answer on this forum so I can see what their general stance is. They've been great up to this point so I still (maybe naively) have some faith.

Team YouiYoui

Here to help! The Maleman always delivers for us so I’m keen to deliver for you. I’ll take a look at your claim to get my head around the circumstances then give you a call to go through what we can do. Are you able to send me your claim details in a PM or to ellat@youi.com? I’ll keep an eye out & hopefully we’ll be in touch soon :) - Ella

Bilal
Bilalasked
Car Insurance

Does Youi has any product that covers off-road 4x4 driving, for example driving on off-road tracks?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Bilal, if you have a 4x4 that is designed to be driven off road you ARE covered if you are driving off road. Our roadside assistance, Youi Assist (for flat tyres, flat batteries etc.), we can only come to your rescue if a two-wheel-drive service vehicle can access the location. Does that answer your question? Cheers, Jeremy

PLEASE EXPLAIN !
Page 19/20 of Youi PDS: We will NOT PAY for any loss, damage or legal liability caused directly or indirectly: when the car is being used in a four wheel drive or adventure park, or if it is used for endurance or skills tests.
This includes National Parks in all states and Territories as they are classed as parks for four wheel drives.

Go to www.asic.gov.au. And that will give you an update on Youi’s latest $150,000 fine for deceptive sales conduct. Youi has been caught red handed by signing people up to policies without their knowledge or permission. This is Youi’s 3RD FINE since August 2016 which totals $570,000 in fines.

David O
David Oasked
Car Insurance

Do you offer fuel discounts to your customers?

Team YouiYoui

Hi David, currently there’s an offer through YouiRewards where you can purchase Caltex vouchers. You use YouiDollars to receive a 5% discount off a $50 StarCash digital fuel card. No scam, you can always download the Youi app & check out all the T&C’s for yourself. Also, if you complete a quote with us, we’re offering you 100 YouiDollars with the “Youi can’t lose” promo – that way you get to test out YouiRewards without even starting a policy! If at all you’re worried, search the internet for what others are saying ;) Cheers, Jeremy

felicity9
felicity9asked
Car Insurance

I did an online quote for Youi comprehensive insurance for my son and it was 3 times as much as he is paying through his current insurer. Does Youi really give you $100 if they can't give you a better price on insurance or is that just a deceptive tactic?

Team YouiYoui

Hi there Felicity, thanks for giving us a go & sorry it’s not worked out this time. Our “you can’t lose” promotion means if you get a quote from us & don’t go ahead, we’ll give you 100 of our Youi dollars to use in our rewards app. The code will arrive via email 7 days after the quote is completed & you can then use the Youi dollars through the app towards various discounts on everything from food to fuel to holidays! Hope this helps, if it’s been 7 days & you’ve not seen the code yet just send me an email to ellat@youi.com & I’ll chase it up for you. Thanks for posting – Ella :)

I would have to agree with you felicity9 that this is most likely another deceptive move by Youi.
There’s many complaints here on Product Review from people asking when and if they will receive the YP$100 which is about the equivalent of AUD$10 and there’s nearing 1000 complaints elsewhere.
Given Youi has been FINED 3 times since August 2016 for deceptive conduct and dodgy sales techniques to the amount of $570,000 your intuition or research may very well be correct and no doubt we’ll see ASIC come down on Youi again should it be another tactic - hopefully even harder than the $150,000 fine Youi received in December 2017

pupa
pupaasked
Car Insurance

when does my insurance due for renewal?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Pupa, Your renewal would be due 1 year to the day that it commenced, to confirm that date I would need your policy number or you can call on 139684 and one of our team will help you. We always email your renewal documents prior to the date so keep an eye on your email if you think the time is getting near. Merry Christmas, Sue.

When will Youi be charged, found guilty and fined again for deceptive conduct and dodgy sales techniques ?.
Same question, just different words !.

Fair Go
Fair Go

Did you miss the news ?. Youi has just been FINED $150,000 in December 2017. This is Youi's 3RD FINE for deceptive conduct with a total of $570,000 in fines since August 2016. Acting ASIC chair Peter Kell said.“It is completely unacceptable that customers were signed up for Youi insurance policies without their knowledge or permission,”.

Alex
Alexasked
Car Insurance

Hi, how long after a cesarean section can I drive and be insured for?

Thanks.

Team YouiYoui

Hi Alex, first off – Congrats!! Hope bubs is happy & you’re recovering well :) We don’t set any specific limits here & just ask that you follow your doctor’s instructions, I’m sure they’ll be able to give you a range. Hope this helps!

Snooze
Snoozeasked
Car Insurance

Are you covered off road old telegraph road cape york?

Check out RACQ Insurance as they understand this fabulous area of Australia - also check for unlimited roadside call outs too. Shannon’s Insurance is another, TCL is expensive and some other insurers wording states cover on “gazetted roads”. In other words, if the road/track is on a map and is open to the public, it’s gazetted. If the land is private, you need permission to be there. Joining a 4x4 club will also offer many benefits.

Team YouiYoui

G’day Snooze, sounds like an awesome holiday! We can offer cover for your car off road though there’s a few things to keep in mind. We don’t cover on official 4WD adventure parks (they’ll usually ask you to sign a waiver on entry so you won’t miss it). We also expect that you’re using the car as per the manufacturer specifications (i.e. the car is designed for off roading/ 4WDing). Finally, whilst we cover for damage incurred off sealed roads, our roadside recovery vehicles are only 2wd so if you break down off the beaten track you may want to check out additional roadside cover or a trusty friend with a winch. Hope this helps & happy travelling! - Ella

Snooze - if you own an AWD, not a 4x4, Youi is saying you’re not covered as the Old Telegraph Rd is sign posted as a 4x4 track and AWD refers to light off road driving. Therefore you would not comply with Youi’s wording “as per manufacturers specification”. AWD’s today can almost match a 4x4 although, they are built very differently.

Megsy
Megsyasked
Car Insurance

How can I get car insurance after a licence suspension for drug driving?

My grandson had a drug driving charge whilst using prescription drugs that were on the little known about - “no drive list”.
Most insurers said no however, after contacting an insurance broker, numerous insurers were found and, were actually cheaper then his previous insurer prior to the charge.

Team YouiYoui

All insurance companies look at things differently & they may ask questions about driving history. It would just be calling & going through the quote, lots of factors come into your cover, not just your licence history. Hope this helps. Sarah

tehine
tehineasked
Car Insurance

Im the third party, the youi client is at fault.
The claim is under review at the moment, I sent all pictures and explanation of the incident.
I had a contact number to the client but she has blocked my phone number.

Question is, should i be worried that my car wont be fixed since she blocked me maybe she doesnt wanna go ahead with the rest of the claims I dont know. And whats the longest time for a review to process ? Hoping someone anssers this.

Team YouiYoui

Yikes Tehine that doesn’t sound like a great spot to be in, sorry to hear about the accident. While we’ll act on our client’s behalf if they’ve lodged a claim & fulfilled their obligations, we can’t force them to do this. It’s tough to say how long a review could take as it varies wildly depending on the information we’re waiting for. If you send me your contact information to ellat@youi.email I’ll give you a call. There's always options available to you so I'm hoping we can find the right one :)

Contact Legal Aid QLD whom may assist depending on your circumstances or, point you in the right direction.

Terry
Terryasked
Car Insurance

Can you select your choice of repairer for your car insurance policy?

Team YouiYoui

Great question Terry! You do have choice of repairer as part of your policy. We have a network of trusted repairers who we’ll use as a first point of call; They’ve got proven records & we can guarantee their work. If for any reason you’d like to go elsewhere, we just get a quote from them & providing pricing is within reason that’s no issue at all though we can’t always offer a guarantee on their work. Hope this helps! - Ella

Interesting and convoluted reply as usual from Youi......
Under The Motor Vehicle Insurance and Repair Industry CODE OF CONDUCT, all repairers MUST provide a three (3) year warranty on workmanship to the insurer and their customer. All standard manufacturers warranty applies to parts.

Team YouiYoui

Ah sorry I didn't clarify there. Youi offers a guarantee on repair work for the life of the vehicle, in addition to any warranty from the repairer. Parts warranties would be as per the manufacturer. Hope this helps! - Ella

Terriasked
Car Insurance

When a policy is suspended, does this mean cancellation. After my daughters accident Youi informed her , that her policy had been suspended , then sent a letter a few days later to tell her her policy would not be renewed when the renewal was due. Before the renewal expired they took a small payment from her account. Im confused, was she covered or not?

Terri

I think as general practice and looking after your client, a phone call from Youi would have prevented this stressful time for her. They told her they don't call they, only send emails and texts which she never received. I know that other Insurance Companies call their clients if payments have been missed in a row, would that not alarm them to wonder what is going on and contact their client whom they should value. I am speaking to a lady from Youi today and hopefully we can come to a resolution and not be sent away again as we are not just at fault.

Terri

My daughter had lapsed 2 months not knowing she had and no letter if cancellation either then a premium payment came out , so very unprofessional and concerning .

Team YouiYoui

Hi Terri, its Robyn here. Our terminology is “in or out of cover periods”. If payment is unsuccessful we continue cover for 14 days from the due date. After the 14 days the policy is in a period of no cover, cover will only be resumed from the date a payment is received. I’m unable to comment on your daughter’s situation in the forum, still I’m hoping to hear from her today to work through the confusion. Cheers Robyn.

Doug
Dougasked
Car Insurance

I have full comprehensive car insurance in Australia with Youi does that cover me for a rental car in Canada?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Doug, the car hire option is only available in Australia for Australian policies. Sadly, it’s not a worldwide policy. Thanks for your question. Regards Koppo.

Call Trip Cover on 1300725154 as they are a reputable insurer, unlike Youi who’s reputation as an insurer is in tatters. Regards.

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

Youi Car Insurance