Youi Car Insurance

Youi Car Insurance Questions & Answers (page 5 of 9)

Comprehensive, Third Party Property Only, Third Party Fire & Theft
Listing monitored by Youi

176 questions from our users

Tina dumoasked
Car Insurance

My grandson has justbgot his learners - he lives with us. Is he covered to learn on our policy? m and Tina Dumo

Good question Tina!
As you found out before I called, it depends on the circumstances. Quote often, other drivers are covered but additional excesses would apply if they are not listed on the policy as drivers. The way around the excess, as you already discovered, is to add your grandson as a listed driver.
In some cases, we will not cover a driver under a particular age (some high performance cars for example) unless they are listed on the policy as a driver. If ever you are in doubt, please call & we can check your policy for you.
Cheers, Jeremy

Boris Yasminsky

What a load of ?>*&%#@ - great straight answer Youi !.
Another way Youi "Doesn't Get You" or any customer

Tina dumo

We have received very good advice from Youi (as usual they have been most helpful). Thank you.

Tania
Taniaasked
Car Insurance

I changed cars can I update my policy or do I need to start a new one?

Katie
Katie

New item new policy I would say. I guess like any other retail product if your with Youi already there maybe discounts/rewards for staying with them
Hope that helps

Team YouiYoui

Thanks for getting in touch Tania. We can change the details on your current policy or if having two cars we could set up a new one, either way is possible. Flick me a DM with your details or give 139684 a bell & we’ll get it done. Robyn.

Rob670
Rob670

Its no different to adding options to your car that you want insured. They simply add the details & recalculate the premium. Same with changing cars. The pertinent details are changed such as make & model, & then a new premium determined.

Ali
Aliasked
Car Insurance

Can I add my child to my comprehensive car insurance online

Try a reputable insurer such as Allianz, QBE or AAMI.

Team YouiYoui

Hi Ali, yes you can do this via the online policy manager. If you have any issues or need help quite simply call our customer service team & they will be able to assist you in a few minutes. Regards Koppo.

Lacey
Laceyasked
Car Insurance

How do I get proof of my no claims for my new insurance provider?

Good question Lacey.
It’s a very fast and easy process.
Please call us on 1300250748, and request an “Incident Summary Report”. We’ll need to identify you first & check your email address. It’s that easy!
Alternatively, I can send it for you? Call me on my direct line 07 31563531, or email jeremyb@youi.email
I’d be more than happy to send the report.
Cheers, Jeremy

Congratulations Lacey, on wising up to Youi and moving to a reputable new insurer.

Kathy W
Kathy Wasked
Car Insurance

When am i responsible for paying the excess on my comprehensive car insurance claim (car was maliciously damaged and the perpertrator is in the process of being charged.

Team YouiYoui

Gosh there’s some bad apples about Kathy, sorry to hear about your car! We’re usually able to waive the excess after we’ve proven liability & identified the at fault party, though something like a police investigation can cause complications. Are you able to send me your claim number in a PM? I’ll give you a bell to see if we can remove that excess for you. Thanks! - Ella

Matthew
Matthewasked
Car Insurance

Hi I was wanting to know how to cancel my policy?

Unfortunately you have to ring Youi to cancel a policy as they have very limited technology and need to record the conversation in case their pen runs out of ink.

Team YouiYoui

Hi there Matthew, I’m happy to help with that, are you able to DM your best number & I can give you a buzz to organise. Sarah

GippyGypsy
GippyGypsyasked
Car Insurance

When I took out my original Comprehensive Car Insurance policy, I was in rehab following a car accident. I had purchased a car during my stay in rehab and when I insured it, the vehicle was still on the dealer's floor.
This is listed in the policy - location - dealer's floor.

As the policy has run almost 12 months, I was checking the terms and conditions when I noticed this and I am wondering whether this should be changed? I am concerned that it may affect a payout in the case of a claim being made.

Could you please tell me whether this is the case and if so, how do I change this incorrect information?

Regards
Lesley Scott-Smith

Lesley, check everything else listed about your car, in particular the colour of the car, accessories, drivers and your (hidden) excesses.
You will need to call Youi so they can record your conversation even if you private message each other.

Team YouiYoui

Lesley you’ve absolutely made my day with the chat! Insurance is definitely an area where it’s always best to ask the question & make sure you know what’s going on so kudos to you for reaching out. That particular question just shows us the circumstances under which you set the policy up. Once it’s started we don’t change what’s captured & the “true” location of the car is noted under “overnight parking address”. Thrilled we got to clear it up & you’ve got all my details if there’s anything at all I can help with. I’ll make sure I send a photo of my little fur-head too :) - Ella

Feel sorry for Lesley having to ring Youi and waste her time, then be recorded by Youi instead a simple email like other insurers.
My leather-head shark picture is attached and is always circling !.

leigh
leighasked
Car Insurance

I want to change my vehicle reg. number on my policy.? Any help?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Leigh, yep we can do that real quick. Give us a call on 13 96 84 or message me through your policy number & we’ll get in touch. Cheers Josh

Kerry
Kerryasked
Car Insurance

My policy increasing as much as 15% a year,why?

You must have missed Youi's TV commercials where they say "It's just another way Youi gets you".

Team YouiYoui

Hi Kerry, we take your info each year & assess it against our current underwriting, which in turn will impact the premium. I’d been keen to have a look into it for you & confirm the best price has been offered, DM your policy/details & I’ll be in touch, Robyn.

DAWN
DAWNasked
Car Insurance

I have been a car insurer since June 9th but have no card or anything to show in an accident that I am
covered ? Dawn Black ZJZ038 MICRA Any ideas?

Team YouiYoui

No need to worry Dawn, you don't need a car to show. If you're in this situation just give us a call & we can help out. The number to call is 13 YOUI, I hope this all makes sense. Sarah

S.R
S.Rasked
Car Insurance

I was an accident so minor its caused a tiny dint the size of a 10 cent piece. I dont believe to be at fault cause of an irratic driver do i have to help the other party when it comes to paying? And is it worth either claiming anything? Also the other party claims the dent is a spot whereby i didnt hit so how do i deal with them?

Polly
Polly

I have only been with youi for 12 months and had no claims as yet, so Id suggest you ring your Youi office..

Team YouiYoui

Hi, there’s lots of options here depending on the incident, what’s happened & much more. If you call our claims team we can do an assessment for you, that way we can get an idea of costs & also explain your options. Our claims are on 13YOUI. Sarah

Jimmy
Jimmyasked
Car Insurance

How much is a cancellation fee of a car insurance policy?

Tam s
Tam s

Hi mate the cancelation is free

Boris Yasminsky

After what my wife and I went through to cancel our 4 policies with Youi, you will be thinking you need a lawyer. Youi tried every trick known to man. Non stop phone calls, harassment, cancelation fees, rubbishing other insurers and all the while, Youi is the only insurer to ever be fined twice within months for deceptive conduct, totalling $420,000. To top it off, Youi is being investigated by ASIC. Companies don't get investigated by ASIC unless there is a serious breach of conduct.
Hope that gives you some idea. Cheers

Team YouiYoui

Hi Jimmy, when cancelling a Youi policy outside the cooling off period the cancellation fee would be up to $33. The fee is deducted from any refund owing as not debited from your account. If you have any further questions, please DM me & I’ll give you a bell. Cheers Robyn.

Bek Mills
Bek Millsasked
Car Insurance

Do I need to make a call out for my vehicle that needs to be towed. I made a call out a few weeks ago and it couldn't be repaired by the assistant. I now have the same problem again and need a tow. Can I just call up for a tow? I have fulll comp insurance. Thankyou

Ian
Ian

I don't work for youi ??

Team YouiYoui

Hi Bek, I work for Youi so I'll be happy to hep :) With comprehensive cover you’re entitled to 2 excess-free breakdown callouts annually. Our technicians aren’t mechanics so they can’t always fix what’s wrong though they can assist with minor repairs. If they can’t help, then we can absolutely organise for a tow. Hope this helps! - Ella

Fair Go

Two call outs annually, then $150 each time after that. What a RORT !

vona
vonaasked
Car Insurance

All the positive reviews come from clients who have not yet done a claim, and there are lots of them. Couldn't find a positive review from somebody who had made a claim and was happy with the result. Do you give a discount for clients who are willing to write a good review right after they have joined?

Vona, you have worked Youi out without the need for me to comment much further.
Of approximately 1700 positive reviews since July 2016, I highly doubt many are true and written by an individual/s that took out insurance with Youi. In fact, there were some reviewers that were caught out and admitted being contractors (bloggers) writing various reviews for Youi.
Two fines in 2016 for deceptive conduct and dodgy sales tactics costing $420,000 and currently under investigation by ASIC should just about clarify it for you.
In other words, the regulators get Youi !

Team YouiYoui

We do make it easy for our clients to leave feedback, but in no way do we pay them for reviews. Lucky for us we have many happy customers, however with that said there are some not so happy ones here as well, that we try to contact & learn from or fix. For a more reviews you can head to our Youi Wall (https://www.youi.com.au/wall) or check out our Facebook page. Cheers Josh

Youi's so called "Wall" is not audited by an organisation and should not be relied upon. Ethical reviews on a company website are usually audited by "Nielsen".
Go to Canstar.com.au which is the leading group that appraises finance and insurance companies.
You will see Youi is ranked 51 out of 53 car insurers.

Judi
Judiasked
Car Insurance

how do I change details of my insurance?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Judi, there are couple of ways you are able to change your details. We can over the phone with you, or if easier you can update your details online through our Manage Policy link: https://secure.youi.com.au/Authentication/policyLogin.aspx
If you have not used before, click on 'I've forgotten my policy number' and prompts will display to set up a password to begin. I hope this helps.

Boris Yasminsky

Simples, call Compare The Market on 1800456981 and get a better deal elsewhere.

16Johnson1970
16Johnson1970asked
Car Insurance

If I want to cancel my policy or if Youi wants to cancel my policy how should I do it & how does Youi cancel a policy? (ie by mail, phone or email). Regards Mark

Team YouiYoui

Hi Mark, if you would like to cancel a policy all you need to do is give us a quick call & we’ll email out confirmation. For Youi to cancel a policy is a little different, we will only do this mid-term if monthly payments haven’t been received for approximately 3 months or the car is written off in an accident. In some circumstances we may not offer renewal & in this case we’ll let you know via email 2-4 weeks in advance. I can arrange for someone to call you if you like, just shoot your policy details through in a message & I’ll arrange it. Hope this helps! - Ella

Boris Yasminsky

After what my wife and I went through to cancel our 4 policies with Youi, you will be thinking you need a lawyer. Youi tried every trick known to man, non stop phone calls, harassment, cancelation fees, rubbishing other insurers and all the while, Youi is the only insurer to ever be fined twice within months for deceptive conduct, totalling $420,000. To top it off, Youi is being investigated by ASIC. Companies don't get investigated by ASIC unless there is a serious breach of conduct. I think that sais it all. Cheers

Go Girlasked
Car Insurance

I'm glad I read these reviews before proceeding with the Youi quote.
I drive from Mount Isa (QLD) to Coober Pedy (SA) and back every three to four months.
Does that mean I would not be not insured the whole way through the Northern Territory until I get to the South Australian border which is about 1000km each way ???.

Team YouiYoui

Hi Go Girl, this is fine. We cover if you drive through NT we just don’t cover if your residential address is in NT. Wow this is a big drive, is there anything else I can help with or clarify for you? Koppo

Go Girl

Does Youi roadside assistance cover areas like Mt Isa (QLD), Alice Springs (NT) and Coober Pedy (SA) and really anywhere in-between ?.

Go Girl

I waited 5 days for an answer Youi and nothing.
It seems the negative reviews are correct and the positive reviews are PHONEY - Anything to get a sale if you can, after that, no customer service at all.
You lost me as a customer. Good bye.

Dolly
Dollyasked
Car Insurance

Is your car insurance Australia wide?

Boris Yasminsky

G'day Dolly. We had insurance with Youi and it was Australia-wide.
However, I would suggest you read Youi's policy wording thoroughly as Youi has many more exclusions than other insurers and/or pay for extra's in their insurance wording.
It's another way of how Youi really gets you (NOT). Cheers

Team YouiYoui

Good morning Dolly, yes we do have car insurance Australia wide except for NT. Is there anything else I can help with? Koppo

RayRay
RayRayasked
Car Insurance

What is the excess for a driver not listed on the policy and with an international full drivers license from another country. Driver is also an international student at the UNI.

In addition, if this driver is only 20 yrs age, how much more would it cost - NOTE: This driver only drives the car for around 50kms a month at the most!?

Boris Yasminsky

G'day RayRay. From our experience with Youi on this subject, they will ask you to call them so they can record the conversation. Youi has so many different excesses they apply you really need to see it in writing. Can I suggest you try the Canstar website and compare insurers. You will see that Youi is rated 11th out of 12 insurers that offer under 25's insurance.
We used the Canstar site to find our new insurers.
I hope this assists you in making an informed decision. Cheers

Team YouiYoui

Good morning RayRay excesses can vary in many instances. Do you have a policy or quote number with us? I’m happy to discuss with you as each situation can vary & can be vehicle dependant. Feel free to DM or you can call me on 07 3362 5218 & I’ll be happy to share more info, Koppo

brianna
briannaasked
Car Insurance

hi, i am a 19 year old learner driver who has been driving for about two years. i was wondering what the insurance is like for someone at this age and because i haven't got my full licence yet? i only just bought my car and want to get car insurance but don't want to pay and arm and a leg.

thanks, brianna.

Team YouiYoui

Hi Brianna, great question. We need a little bit more information before we can issue a quote. We ask questions about how you use, park, and about the drivers of your car. If you’re new to insurance, you might have a heap of questions for us too! You can go to our website www.youi.com.au you can start a quote there or simply call us on 1300 225 605. I’m happy to PM my direct line if you wish?

Ray
Ray

Brianna, in my opinion you are better off contacting an established insurance company like RACV or AAMI. Youi has significantly higher premiums for young drivers like yourself..

Fair Go

Brianna, I agree with Ray and uphold what Boris Yasminsky has written. Youi are in deep sh$$ and they will need more than a miracle to escape the claws of ASIC (and no chance of that)..

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

Youi Car Insurance