Youi Car Insurance

176 questions from our users

Maz42
Maz42asked
Car Insurance

Youi roadside assist provides 2 call outs, and after that basic excess is charged? What does the basic excess mean in this case, and is it 2 free call outs per annum?

Team YouiYoui

Thanks for your question Maz42. Youi’s Roadside includes 2 free call outs per policy term & any additional call outs during that time, will be $150 each time. Please feel free to call to discuss further 13 9684 or email your details to laurenj@youi.email & I’ll give you a bell. Cheers, Lauren

Mandyasked
Car Insurance

what happens if i go over my Km's ? can I top them up? is there any charge?

Team YouiYoui

We don’t have restrictions on km’s Mandy, so there’s no need for top ups! :) We ask about usage, private used in trips to work or study, if so, how many days a week, not used in trips to work or study or business use, etc. You can change this anytime & the premium will adjust accordingly. Please let me know if you’d like me to arrange a call. laurenj@youi.email Cheers, Lauren

Mandy

I already have a policy and they asked me how many km's I would approx. use in that year and I advised 15,000Kms. As we have been going on trips away etc due to having a new car and going exploring, I only have 8,000kms to use for the rest of the year so another 10 months. So there is no penalty if I go over my initial answer of using 15,000km's per year?

Team YouiYoui

Hmm, I’d like to look at the policy you have with us Mandy. If you’d please give me a call on 07) 3852 7868 or email me your details to my address above, I’ll call. There’s no top up facility for km’s as we don’t have restrictions as such, still, I’m keen to double check your policy info & clarify on the recorded line. Cheers, Lauren

Review The Reviewer
Review The Reviewerasked
Car Insurance

Why does Youi keep calling us time and time again long after we TOLD Youi we were not interested in taking out their insurance ?.
We have had calls as late as 11pm at night and as early as 6.45am.
This is NOT ACCEPTABLE !
Go away !

Team YouiYoui

Absolutely unacceptable & certainly not a behaviour we condone. The times you’ve mentioned are outside our calling hours, so I’m keen to understand where the calls are actually coming from. On your original review, you’d declined my offer to assist & get to the bottom of your issues. I would really like to learn more about what’s happened. Please email me @ laurenj@youi.email any information that might help me match your details, so that I can remove these from the system. (quote no, full name, etc.) Alternatively, you can call my direct line, 07)3852 7868 (8am-4.30pm AEST). Thanks, Lauren

Team YouiYoui

Haven't had any contact back as yet, I'm keen to have your issues resolved/addressed. You have all my info, will leave it with you to contact me when you're ready. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Lauren

Now you are PRESSURING me with 2 emails within a few hours !.
I don't live on product review as you might think.
It appears to me that PRESSURE is indemic in Youi judged by your own response and follow ups.
I have decided to contact Fair Trading to have the matter addressed and should your rep contact me again, I will tell him to F$$k Off.

bignev
bignevasked
Car Insurance

for comprehensive polices does YOUI cover fuel contamination?

Team YouiYoui

Fuel Contamination is not an insured event, however, if it is the direct result of an insured event, it may be covered. It’s really difficult to deal with hypotheticals as each claim is based on its own merits, we have process & procedures in place to assess & validate claims.

Jimblesasked
Car Insurance

Do Youi charge extra to pay per month?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Jimbles! You will pay a little more when paying monthly so there’s even more savings to be made if you can manage annual. We’d love to give you a quote to compare, feel free to send me a direct message with your best contact number or call 13YOUI (139684) & select ‘1’ for new quotes. Thanks, Jen

Jimbles

Thank you for your reply but that is not a pay method I'm interested in. Regards -Jimbles

Heather
Heatherasked
Car Insurance

Just wondering are you still covered if you accidentally reveresed into another car but on your property?

Hi Heather,
It would depend on the type of cover you have, who each car belongs to, who was driving, etc. Without specifics it’s a tough one to answer. In some circumstances, it would be covered & other cases, be an exclusion. If this has happened, the best option might be to lodge a claim & we can take it from there. If you’d provide a policy number, I can get someone to call. Thanks, Lauren

Benasked
Car Insurance

Are engine repairs covered if its something that I couldn't have avoided?

Team YouiYoui

It depends on the type of cover & what caused the damage to the engine, Ben. Please DM a little more info (contact/policy number) & I’ll give you a buzz to discuss. Thanks, Lauren

Fuel contamination. 0449698291

I can't wait to see YOUI's response to this question ! Or an update from Ben.

Highly illogical.
Highly illogical.asked
Car Insurance

How much to insure our ship?
USS Enterprise Constitution class.
Rego: NCC-1701
Market value $245 billion

Spock,

Whilst I love a challenge, the USS Enterprise Constitution Class’ usual mission parameters fall outside our current underwriting guidelines. Inter galactic space travel to unknown worlds travelling at a maximum warp 9 speed is classed as an extreme risk. I admire your bravery given the highly dangerous circumstances you encounter. I wish you well and I hope you find the answers you’re looking for.

Live long and prosper! Lauren

Fascinating !.

Thank you Lieutenant Lauren.
I was waiting in my ready room, preparing for an onslaught of Youi questions, yet, you have chosen to assume, rather than ask more questions, on this occasion.
The USS Enterprise usually travels at impulse speed, as warp factor 9 would endanger the ships integrity and all lives on board. Warp speed is reserved for when we encounter unfriendly life forms or when an emergency arises.
You may say that it is similar to your earths motor cars, whereas they are quite capable of exceeding 200kph, yet, rarely pass 60kph.
Our current insurer (IAG) or Intergalactic Assurance Group has provided an estimate for the forthcoming year of $2.45billion, providing the ship does not enter the Delta Quadrant.
One would have to conclude then, Youi did not get me ?.

Live long and defecate daily !.

baumer34
baumer34asked
Car Insurance

I am insured with youi and I have one of my daughters and one son as drivers and I wish to put another son as a registered driver, how do I do it?

GIO 131010
NRMA 132132
AAMI 132244
QBE 133723
Allianz 131000

Team YouiYoui

Great question Baumer34 & I apologise for the delay. There are 2 ways to add another driver to your policy. You can use your Online Policy Manager, which can be found through a link on our website at https://secure.youi.com.au/Authentication/policyLogin.aspx. For this option you'll need your policy number. Or you can simply call us on 13 96 84 & we'll add the driver for you. I hope this helps. If there's something I can help with, please reply with a policy umber or phone number & I'll give you a call. Thanks Baumer34

Grumpy Old Man

13 days to get an answer from Youi - that's enough to make anyone, of any age GRUMPY !

Paul Hoganasked
Car Insurance

Why does Youi claim 92% satisfaction from 58475 customers in the last 12 months on their website without any independent analysis by an audit group such as Nielson to support their claim?

Why does Youi have one of the lowest star ratings by Canstar averaging 1 & 2 stars (out of 5) as of July 2015?

Why does Youi have the lowest rating among insurers on Product Review?

tess and costa
tess and costa

they don't pay their claims

Team YouiYoui

That’s a great question Paul, thank you. Our Youi Wall is made up all kinds of feedback, whether it be positive or negative & as we value our Clients privacy, we don’t share their details with independent third parties. You’ll find the number of reviews on the independent websites are quite low in comparison to the traffic we see on the Youi Wall, and most of the time people seek out those websites for the sole purpose of complaining. However, we send a form attached to every email to our Clients inviting them to leave us feedback, positive or negative. What we find is that by proactively seeking feedback, we’re more likely to get an honest opinion & in larger volumes. I hope this answers your question Paul & if you do wish to discuss further, I’d be happy to get in contact with you. Cheers, Ian.

Paul Hogan

Ian, your reply is somewhat, lets say, aloof.

If Youi believes other websites are just wailing walls for complaints and Youi's own wall is the real deal, the real problem starts with your comment as there is no respect for people in general, your clients and ex-clients and their choice of medium to honestly review Youi.

Having just browsed Youi's webwall and if by chance their is any truth in it, you may want to take it down, as I just calculated Youi customers have a very poor satisfaction rate in the last 3 months and the needle appears to be permanently STUCK on 92%, when it should be around half the claimed percentage.

Additionally, to disrespect such well respected survey and analytical companies such as Nielson and Canstar, sends huge warnings to me about Youi as a company and the substance of unsubstantiated claims of 92% satisfaction on your website.

I would say that now, Youi has 0% chance of quoting on any of my eight insurances which I'm currently compiling quotes on, whereas previously, I was considering arranging quotes from Youi.

All the best.

Lee
Leeasked
Car Insurance

Can I just pay my yearly insurance? I DO NOT want automatic payment . Why can't I just pay. Is rather insure elsewhere. Thanks

Grumpy Old Man

When dealing with an organisation that takes your debit/credit card details, ask them if they comply with the PCI DSS.

If they do - great, if not, may be its best to find another organisation that does comply with the PCI DSS and doesn't do things "differently".

To meet the requirements of the PCI DSS, an organisation must not retain credit/debit card information located on the front of the card for more than three (3) months after last business, legal and/or regulatory action should be applied under reference number 4.1.12 of the GRDS.
The Card Code Verification (CCV) number, PIN/PIN block and sensitive authentication data on the magnetic strip or chip must never be stored or retained. This data should be destroyed after the transaction is completed under reference number 4.1.13 of the GRDS.

You may find some further information on this matter at the QLD Government State Archives website

Team YouiYoui

Hi Lee, our payment options are done via a direct debit, the reason we have this is that it keeps costs down & we in turn can deliver more cost savings to you our customer. We also send you a renewal notice 4 weeks before your policy is due & if you require you can simply call us up & we can put a stop to your policy. Thanks for your comment, cheers, Koppo

Grumpy Old Man

Exactly, direct debits cost more as fees are applied by both banks involved in the transaction.

Matty Hopeasked
Car Insurance

Interested in the full comprehensive insurance with free roadside assist VS NRMA with no roadside assist.

Any advice?

Jay
Jay

If I could have the chance of changing my insurance provider to a much bigger and safer company such as NRMA insurance, or even the Commonwealth Insurance, I'd definitely do it, as to insure that I am with safe hands. Regarding the roadside assist, I believe that you'd be better off having a reliable insurance provider over the roadside assist privileged, as you could save yourself a load of hassle over the 70$ a year road side assist.
However, I hope that you don't limit yourself just to my understanding towards the matter, do some online searches of your own on people who have dealt with the insurance provider you wish to enter.

Matty Hope

Thank you for your advice.

Matty,

I have 5 kids, eldest is 33, youngest is 22 and we set them up with a local insurance broker when they started driving at 17. None of our kids have changed broker yet, although the broker has changed the insurer regularly for competitive reasons. Although brokers charge a small fee, you will be glad you chose a broker should the need arise to make a claim, plus they will always find the best deal. Some insurers offer road side service with or as an extra to their policies too, at discounted rates.
For me, at 70 years of age, GIO insurance with NRMA road service (no broker) is only about $450 per year on a 3 year old Commodore wagon.

Insurance brokers also have access to insurers that the general public knows nothing about or how to contact. That's not to say the insurer is unknown, its actually to the contrary as the broker may have access to Lloyds of London and other much larger insurers than we as individuals have access to here in Australia.

Hope this is of some help.

mark a
mark aasked
Car Insurance

Can I add a 22 international driver from Italy to my policy if she is living with me? What will be change in premium and the excess?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Mark, of course! Just give us a call on 139684 & select option 3. Our client care team are waiting to help. Thanks, Jen

sue
sueasked
Car Insurance

Hi, my parents are pensioners and only use their car approx. 3 times per week.how can I get a quote pls?
Thanks Sue

Team YouiYoui

Hi Sue, you can give us all on 139864 and press 1 for a quote & our awesome team will be able to help you. Thanks Koppo :--)

BOBasked
Car Insurance

hi on roadside assistance what is termed within service area and limit km of service Youi will travel? i.e perth to busselton or Albany or Geraldton

Team YouiYoui

Hi Bob, for towing the service area is up to 50km in regional areas & 20km in metropolitan areas & if there’s a taxi service in the area, we will pay the cost for one taxi ride for you and your passengers to get where you need to be up to $50. Thanks, Jen

Maggie
Maggie

Well that's another lie Youi as I was told Australia wide. I said I lived in Geraldton and would be covered was not told of any restictions in distance.

BOB

See guys that's why I check everything with Product Review from travel to airlines to pet insurance electrical goods in fact anything and everything just type in your request word for word in Product Review it will save you money and possible buying the wrong product

TedH
TedHasked
Car Insurance

How much is windscreen insurance cover associated with Youi comprehensive car insurance? TedH

Team YouiYoui

It varies depending on make and model of your car TedH. If you send me your policy number or phone number I would love to review this for you. Please email your details to jop@youi.email. Cheers Jo

peacemakahasked
Car Insurance

I would like to know why a quote for insurance under YOUI is more expensive than my current insurance for 2 cars?

Team YouiYoui

All companies rate risk differently & charge different amounts for it, as you know we ask more questions which can help us save many clients everyday, still we can’t guarantee this for all. I am sorry we didn’t hit the mark still we appreciate you giving us a go. Cheers Jo

Beema41
Beema41

If you check out the Youi Product Review star rating and the majority of the responses (ignore the Youi Official spiel) then you'll soon learn something. Like I did;

Here is my experience with Youi;

1. Online quote that isn't an online quote, it's a simple method to get you to go to their door and open it. 2. They ring you up with some follow up person, who is very pushy and won't generally back down until you say yes. 3. Then your 'handled' and moved to another person to finalise the quote. 4. You have a think about it and decide you don't want Youi, you ring up and watch out! they get very very angry with you. 5 Their pushy Level 2 sales person rings you and tries to talk you into staying, they instantly discount the price even further? You're almost tempted but you stick to your guns. The sales person gets angry and eventually you have an all out verbal argument. 6. You hang up!

You have been warned!

peacemakah

I got the same process as Beema41 when trying to cancel my policy due to the price being very high. i thought 90 plus dollars a month was a bit over the top when you think you can get a better deal from their advertising spiels. I did not even answer the survey as i was a bit irate after the call. All in all YOUI is not for me

Christine Cowdroy
Christine Cowdroyasked
Car Insurance

Do Youi do vehicle inspections?

Casper
Casper

I dont know, but I would use my local mechanic if I were you or NRMA

Team YouiYoui

No we don’t Christine, we used to for new policies where we were told of existing damage however stopped doing that some time ago. Cheers Josh

Mike F
Mike F

When you initially insure a vehicle, YOUI asks you to take it to a nominated garage near you.
The purpose, I assume, is to verify the condition of the panels, paintwork, etc.
I do not think it is a mechanical check.

carinsurranse
carinsurranseasked
Car Insurance

wich car insuranse to do??

Lisa Marie
Lisa Marie

It has to be a personal decision on what suits you most. I have changed to GIO now.

Team YouiYoui

You’re right- it’s a tough decision & it’s important that you find the right insurer for you. Why don’t you give us a call on 13YOUI as I’m confident we have the policy to suit you & amazing service to match! :) Charlotte.

Dan888
Dan888asked
Car Insurance

Could people please tell me what they think of Youi Roadside assist? Am I safe to cancel my RACV Roadside?

Chad.y
Chad.y

I dont have roadside assit.
My experience with youi is only to make sure double & triple check address details before taking on a policy because im from Victoria they put me down as a Queensland address which effected the payment& for over 1 month admin/management was going to review phone call & get back to me ehich still hasn't happened as yet, so they have until the end of this week to call or im going elsewhere.
Hope that helped you a bit

Not Happy Jan!
Not Happy Jan!

Have nothing to do with Youii

Team YouiYoui

Hi Dan, apologies we got it wrong, I'd like to find out more details can you please email me your policy details to my email address & I'll look into it further. My details are koppok@youi.email , cheers Koppo

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

Youi Car Insurance