Youi Car Insurance

176 questions from our users

ronaldo guevara
ronaldo guevaraasked
Car Insurance

can i buy a car with youi?

Not Happy Jan!
Not Happy Jan!

No, they are only an expensive overpriced insurance company. Not use them.

Team YouiYoui

We don't sell Cars Ronaldo - we sell insurance :) so when you get a car give us a chance to give you a quote & with any luck we will see you with us soon! :)

mizzninjaasked
Car Insurance

Hi, I recently took out a comprehensive car insurance policy with Youi, while it was way more expensive than two other competitors, I went with it due to the inclusion of roadside assistance, as the roadside assistance benefits seemed to be greater than the ones I currently had with NRMA Premium Care.

One of my particular concerns was if I was more than 50km from the nearest town - under NRMA you can get towed back to the nearest service centre, and the sales representative assured me I would be covered.

Upon reading the PDS it does not say anything more than up to 50km towing in a 'regional' area. It also says no cover if outside the 'service area'.

Can you please provide details of the 'service area'?

I'd also love to hear of anyone's experience with Youi Roadside Assistance.

Team YouiYoui

HI, rest assured we have road side assist throughout Australia & I understand your concern. It is true that we offer 50k of towing for regional areas. If you can tell my your policy number I can look into further for you, Koppo

Policy OA17500482

So to clarify, if I was 100km from the nearest town, I would have to pay for 50km towing?

I would also be keen to know your 'service areas'

thanks!

Geoff Thornthwaite
Geoff Thornthwaiteasked
Car Insurance

I was just told I have 24 hour roadside assist built into my comprehensive insure policy, can you give me a number to ring if I need this service?

Ruck
Ruck

I didn't insure through them so I don't have the number for roadside assist

Team YouiYoui

Sure Geoff, it's 13 1117. Cheers, Kerry.

ltjoo61
ltjoo61asked

My name is In Sook Lee.
Claim No is 8858792.
Could you let me know your Third Party Care Team contact no or email?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Sook, the contact details for the person handling your claim are 07 3166 4873 and antonr@youi.email. I have also forwarded a message to Antony to call you.

Lina Ly
Lina Lyasked
Car Insurance

Can I have you address in Melbourne?

Jayson
Jayson

Sorry, I am not sure who are you and why requesting my address?

Team YouiYoui

Our mail is delivered to our head office in Queensland. The address is Youi Pty Ltd, PO Box 849, Buddina, Queensland, 4575. Cheers, Kerry.

Julie
Julieasked
Car Insurance

How long after having a caesarean can I drive and still be coved?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Julie, congratulations on your new addition! Your doctor is the best person to seek guidance about when you’re fit to drive again. Cheers, Kerry.

Richard paul
Richard paulasked
Car Insurance

Have sold my car and don't want to renew the policy How do I call to cancel my policy and insure that no further deductions are made from my account?

Hi
Just contact Youi and tell them that you want to cancel your insurance policy and you don't own that car anymore.
Do not rely on new owner.

Ho to call Youi?
Quickest way is to call "New customer" line and your call will get answered promptly, then say that you want to cancel existing policy. They will not hang up on you.

John tabone
John taboneasked

Is my Mercedes ML 250 insured with youi? registration JT062

Dissatisfied
Dissatisfied

Sorry, but How on earth would I know the answer to that question?

Team YouiYoui

Hi John, I can't locate a policy with that registration number attached to it. It might be worth giving us a call and we can search using other info. The best number to dial is 13 9684 or if you email me with your best number I'll arrange for one of our advisors to call you. My email address is kerryl@youi.email. Cheers, Kerry.

Michael
Michaelasked
Car Insurance

Does youi do truck insurance for a 3 ton truck used for courier work?

Sorry Michael, you would have to ask Youi

George Andal
George Andalasked
Car Insurance

How can I retrieve my car insurance detail?

Team YouiYoui

Hi George, sorry for the late reply, I’ve only just been alerted to your question. I see we’ve been in touch since, just let us know of we can help further.

David and Penny
David and Pennyasked
Car Insurance

Has anyone heard of panel beaters not taking on repairs of vehicles insured by Youi?

Troy

No, you can nominate your own repairer?

Bryan

I have a contact with a smash repairer on the Sunshine Coast. They are Youi approved, the assessor comes twice a week and they are not aware of Youi claim difficulties.

Carolyn
Carolynasked
Car Insurance

My daughters boyfriend had his car stolen and his car is not covered for theft. I always thought 3rd party fire and left was the lowest car insurance? Does anyone have any advice?

Mazda 3
Mazda 3

If you buy third party insurance make sure it is fire and theft insurance then you are covered by the insurance company for third party accident, fire or theft. If it is only third party insurance without fire or theft then only third party accident is covered.

Troy

Or, make sure you are covered for a hire car, a lot of insurers have that as an optional extra and wont mention it during a call.

Colin Owen
Colin Owenasked
Car Insurance

do I get free windscreen cover like all other insurance companies ?

Team YouiYoui

Whilst we don’t subscribe to the one free windscreen per year cover that some other insurers use, you are able to reduce the excess for any window glass claims to just $50. This isn’t restricted to one claim per year or to just the windscreen, it also covers side & rear windows as well as the sunroof. If you’d like to discuss adding this to your policy call us on 13 YOUI (9684).

Sue Bristowe
Sue Bristowe

That is not what I was told yesterday. I was advised the windscreen cover is included in my policy...........no extra payment to policy. Sue

Marilyn Telfser
Marilyn Telfserasked
Car Insurance

How can i pat premium by direct deposit?

Team YouiYoui

At Youi we use Direct Debit. We simply debit your account on the due date for the correct amount. If account details require updating after the policy is commenced you can do so via our Online Policy Manager or call us on 139684.

MumOf1asked

Hi,
We live in a rural area and when travelling have no phone reception. If we are involved in a traffic crash and need towing, do you have a list of preferred tow companies in QLD on your website?

Team YouiYoui

Without phone reception you may find yourself in a Catch 22 situation and you won't be able to contact anyone. When you're able to make contact then we're available on 13 YOUI (9684) if you're in an accident and need emergency towing and accommodation. Our PDS gives the full details of what we cover in relation to this.

MumOf1

Thanks- I mean if a passer by has to organise a tow truck when they reach the nearest town, do you have a list of proffered companies?

Brett
Brettasked
Car Insurance

Hi, can you explain why it was $105 more expensive to insure my 50 cc scooter with you than it was with NRMA with a premium of $55. When I told you lot it was that dear you offered the policy for $120,.To me it must have been $40 to expensive for a start. I also object to all the to personal questions like are you married, divorced, single ETC. what the hell difference does it make if your divorced and want to insure a bloody scooter

Team YouiYoui

All insurers rate differently, that’s why we shop around, I can only comment on our rating system which is tailoring the price to the individual situation. This means asking more questions, like marital status, to build a profile. It’s a competitive market offering many deals, like price matching , beat by 10% & more, while we not offering any of such deals, there are some profiles we will take a risk on & offer a discount. Looks like you fit the profile, still we’re out of the ball park, that’s a shame, thanks for giving us the chance though.

Beema41

After reading the Youi Official excuses on these pages I'm annoyed with ProductReview allowing them into this site. They seem to 'write off' and make 'comments' about issues that really relate to members of this site and I don't care much that Youi can have a say. I joined productreview to have a say about things as they affect me. I don't care that the company I'm complaining about can make comments or appear to care. If they were caring and responsible in the first place the amount of negative coments on here would be less. I say get Youi Official off this website!!!

Sam
Samasked
Car Insurance

Sorry thought of a couple of other questions
1. I don't want to take my car to Romano's, so could you please tell me who the other repairers are in Perth?
2. Do your staff get paid a commission if my car goes to a Youi repairer?
3. We called to lodge a claim on Tuesday at 4pm WST and got a message saying to call back in EST office hours, when we called the following day we were told to lodge the claim on-line - why doesn't your message say this?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Sam, hope I’m not too late in replying to your questions. We choose repairers who are keen to work with us & share our quality & service expectations. We prefer to use them as we can guarantee the quality of their repairs. No commission involved if you use a preferred repairer & we’re always willing to consider other repairers. I can’t explain why you were told to lodge the claim online, this is incorrect advice & as I’m unable to locate your claim without your policy or claim number the best thing to do is call your claims advisor to discuss your concerns.

Sam
Samasked
Car Insurance

How does Youi choose their 'preferred repairers? I've been asked to take my car to a Youi repairer who many km's from my home, even though we normally go to a local repairer who is platinum I-Car certified!

Team YouiYoui

Hi Sam, we consider location, service, capability, equipment levels and accreditation. We're also flexible and can accommodate your request to use your own repairer however we may not be able to guarantee that repairer's work because they're not on our approved panel.

castro
castroasked
Car Insurance

My car ws writtn off a month ago bt nw m tryn 2 get a lettr dt a person hu collaidd 2 my car xuld pay da remaining damages aftr da insurance has paid bt dy dnt wnt wt da permission lettr! What do i do?

Team YouiYoui

Hi castro, I'd need more detail to confirm why there is a shortfall and whether you're a Youi client or the third party. Please log your info on www.youi.com.au/wall and we'll be in touch. Thanks.

Uncle Bob
Uncle Bobasked
Car Insurance

Hi Youi. I have a couple of questions. Where are your call centres? Will I be answered by an Australian? That's all for now. Thanks

Team YouiYoui

Our national call centre is based on the Sunshine Coast in QLD and yes, it's manned by almost 800 locals eager to take your call.
We also have a small number of Youi staff working in our sister company in South Africa who answer a limited number of calls; the additional capacity helps to extend our service hours.

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

Youi Car Insurance