Youi Car Insurance

176 questions from our users

Nothappyflower62
Nothappyflower62asked
Car Insurance

I am waiting on a car accident liability to be established as I have already paid my excess and had my car repaired. In the first week of February 2013. I last received an email from Youi in response to my email early April telling me there is no time frame on claims and liability..... They are waiting on the other partys Insurance company.....So what are the legalities I am considering going to the Ombudsman to get a determination..

Team YouiYoui

I assure you we do all that's necessary to speed up the laibility claims process. We can't control the turn around time though because we're waiting on the other insurance company who in turn is waiting on its client. With more info we can help out and answer your question about the legalities; please log the info on www.youi.com.au/wall. Thanks

Urrbrae-Robasked
Car Insurance

I'm looking at changing my insurance for our 2 cars to YOUI but I have been told the choice of repairers is very poor. How do I find out some of the repairers YOUI suggests?

Team YouiYoui

We have a comprehensive list of approved repairers whose service & work meet strict standards; we also guarantee their workmanship. We always offer our clients the option to choose their own repairer because we get it that there may be individual preferences. So either way, it's a win-win situation.

Urrbrae-Robasked
Car Insurance

Where can I get a list of approved repairers in SA?

Team YouiYoui

We can help out. If it's in conncetion with your claim then call our claims team on 13 YOUI.

Urrbrae-Rob

I'm looking at changing my insurance for our 2 card to YOUI but I have been told the choice of repairers is very poor.

frank1in13
frank1in13asked
Car Insurance

Please clarify what a 'four wheel drive or adventure park' is and if it is considered different to four wheel driving (say on sand dunes or in a national park i.e. not a designated 'adventure park').

Team YouiYoui

4X4-ing on dirt tracks or on sand dunes as part of your road trip or leisure drive is what we cover. This is very different to testing your 4X4 on the rigours of an adventure park which pushes the boundaries and where the likelihood of damage occurring is so much higher, hence the distinction and the reason for the exclusion.

A.Roberts
A.Robertsasked
Car Insurance

What is the market value of a 1996 Ford Station wagon?

Team YouiYoui

The best way to check the value for any car is on www.redbook.com.au. it's online and it's a free service. You enter the specific details (make, model & year) & you'll get the range of applicable values. The range is determined by the car's features, mileage & condition.

jenifer walsh
jenifer walshasked
Car Insurance

I would like to cancel one of my car policies as Youi only insures for market value only on the vehicle. The policy was only taken out 2 weeks ago, so how do I go about cancelling one of the policies?

Jenifer,
Under normal circumstances you would contact your Insurer and advise them that you would like to cancel a policy. There is generally a small penalty to pay.
If they refuse to cancel, then you may need to contact Fair Trading.

Team YouiYoui

Hi Jenifer, please call us on 13 YOUI (9684). It's an important call because we can discuss the option to cover the car on an Agreed value basis. We offer both Market and Agreed value options.

Thanks,

NOT HAPPY!!
NOT HAPPY!!

Hay I find that strange! At no time did the operator give me agreed value option! Didn't give me any options at all! And its too late finding out after the fact! They only give you market value which is like trade in value or auction value!
WHO HAS TIME TO GO TO AUCTIONS!!

hoody
hoodyasked
Car Insurance

Thinking moving over to youi has my car insurance has im currently insured with suncorp but all these neg reports has me now thinking whether i should stay with suncorp pay that little extra. I see 39 say excellent but 103 say terrible rating that is a concern.

Team YouiYoui

To switch or stay; it's crucial to make an informed decision. You raise a fair point about checking the score. It's worth seeing the details of what people are saying & the responses. It's also worth looking at what people are saying on the Youi Wall (www.youi.com.au/wall). You're welcome to call me if you have any questions. (Tel 07 3166 4972).
Thanks,

hoody,
I make my decisions based on the impression and treatment given to me by staff.
The long drawn out process just to get a quote was so over the top it was not funny.
Some of the questions asked during the phone interview component were just plain ridiculous.
When I took that up with their "manager" he could not see my point of view. That suggests to me that they are are far from customer focussed, and that raises a big red flag in the event that I would ever have to make a claim.
PS Trevor, do you really expect me to believe that any company would post negative comments from customers on their wall?

Alybrook PtyLtd
Alybrook PtyLtdasked
Car Insurance

I have sold my car about 2 weeks ago and I need to Cancel my Policy No OA4 153248 for Toyota Rego 48-NEL that I have with you - how do I go about this - it is in our company name Alybrook Pty Ltd - what is the best phone number to ring or can I do this on line?

Team YouiYoui

Call us on 13 YOUI (9684) and then select option 2 to go through to the team who can help you with your request.

Jojo
Jojo

Interesting Alybrook you couldn't work out to call Youi using the phone yourself? Great they could give you the advise...mmm...

purna k. kafley
purna k. kafleyasked
Car Insurance

Plz give details about my car insurance from youi

Team YouiYoui

It's improtant to identify you to make sure we're giving information to the right person. Please call us on 13 YOUI (9684). Thanks

Kalba
Kalbaasked
Car Insurance

Just attempted to get a quote online for my daughter so we could compare insurance prices. The web site would NOT give us a quote, someone was going to ring us. That someone did ring us and started asking a few questions to confirm details, ok with that, however he then asked a question about whether the car had been register overseas ?, what the hell..., I told him that we do not know the answer that as we do not have the car and we just want a quote to compare insurance prices, he again asked the same question, I told him we would be purchasing the car (a Mazda 2) from a car dealer and that it would be a new car, he again asked me the same question. I hung up !!!!!. Youi you just lost a client

Team YouiYoui

The question wasn't intended to annoy you, so sorry that it did. It's an important question because the answer affects the cover we offer. It seems that the annoying aspect was the repetition of the question despite your answer. It would have been easier simply to explain why the answer is important & then to contact the dealer to get the correct answer. It’s such a pity we lost out here.

Darts
Dartsasked
Car Insurance

Comprehensive car cover, agreed value:

Is the No Claim Bonus preserved in the event of policy holder being not to blame?
Will you email me a copy of your contract details please?

Team YouiYoui

We do not use the traditional No Claims Bonus structure to determine premiums. We use each person's actual claims history and other important information to award premium discounts. So therefore there is no preservation of the Bonus involved. You can call us on 13 YOUI or my direct line on 07 3166 4972.

Wandy
Wandyasked
Car Insurance

Do you fully insure cars above the 26 parallel in western Australia? We live in the North near Carnarvon

Team YouiYoui

Yes, for sure. Call us on 13 YOUI (9684) for a quote.

mark grewar
mark grewarasked
Car Insurance

Do you insure dual controlled driving school cars...

Youi

The answer is no, we don’t currently insure vehicles used in driving schools.

Nic2835
Nic2835asked
Car Insurance

If I buy a new car is it there an automatic replacement policy should it be involved in a heavy accident?

Team YouiYoui

Hi Nic, yes we do have automatic replacement in place. There are some important requirements noted in the PDS which are copied below;
If your car is assessed by us as a total loss within the first 24 months from when it was first registered,
we may choose to either replace it with; or pay the replacement cost of; an identical car subject to
availability, if:
- your car was bought new and registered in your name as the first owner; and
- at the date of loss your car has not travelled more than
- 25,000 kilometres since it was first registered if it is less than 12 months old; or
- 40,000 kilometres since it t was first registered if it is between 12 and 24 months old.
Call us on 13 YOUI (9684) if you need more info.
Regards,

Gr11zzly
Gr11zzlyasked
Car Insurance

The PDS said I am not covered if my keys are left in or near the car. 2 questions
1 When does 'near' become 'not near'?
2 I go to post a letter but can't reach the box from the car so I get out and post it. I'm 1 meter from the running car and it gets stolen---not covered?

Team YouiYoui

“Near’ is relative so the exact circumstances will determine the importance of the proximity to the car. Your example is a good one to illustrate the point. If you actually walk away from a car with the engine running and you're in a public place, it’s an open invitation for the opportunistic thief to steal the car. You won't be covered under these circumstances.

Team YouiYoui

There's no specific distance, it depends on the circumstances of the incident. However, the greater the distance, the more apllicable the exclusion becomes.

Jane Doe
Jane Doeasked
Car Insurance

If there are so many bad reviews why on earth would anyone give them the time of day!
On the same par as Tiger Airways!
Wake up YOUI and start treating your customers with respect. Otherwise you'll be out of the business in no time.
Welcome to the wall of Shame!!

Team YouiYoui

Your point is noted, we see it differently though. We thrive on what people say about us because it tells us what we’re getting right and also what we’re getting wrong. If watching our business grow is the yardstick to see how well we listen to feedback, then we’re on the right track. We get it that the people use blogs, forums and the social media to vent. Many also use it to give praise where it’s due so check out www.youi.com.au/wall for more info.

Get an answer from our members and Youi representatives

Youi Car Insurance