Youi Car Insurance

Youi Car Insurance (page 4 of 296)

4.2 from 5,903 reviews

Policy Cancellation Fee

Not Impressed Youi Insurance. I have 6 policies with Youi Insurance and you charge me a $33 cancellation fee because I cancel one of my Policies due to selling the insured item. Totally unacceptable and I will be taking my business elsewhere for the remaining 5 policies!

YOUI 'tailored' policies.

YOUI seems to be able to tailor its quotes to a given drivers history and address so that if you have a good history you get a better price than some other companies one size fits all price. However the real test is when you make a a claim. I hope all the specific questions aren't designed to catch you out on technicalities if you have to claim!

Astronomical premium quote

I wouldn't normally write a review about a product I haven't purchased, but the quote I got earlier today from Youi for car insurance was just so crazy that I want to save anyone from taking out insurance with them before making at least a few comparisons. These guys claim to have your interests at heart but, when it comes to the annual premium, they certainly don't!

It was time for my annual ring around as my car insurance is due for renewal in a few weeks' time (and my current insurer's premiums seem to creep up each year). This year I included Youi due to their persistent advertising on TV promising lower premiums if your car is garaged for most of the week, "we get you", etc. I was stunned to be quoted $1144 with a $400 excess to insure my Mazda 3 2012 hatch - almost double or triple that of the others who quoted me, eg. SGIO $343, QBE $638, AAMI $443, RAC $734, GIO $491. All these other quotes were for the same agreed value and similar excess. The salesman (who annoyingly had phoned me when all I wanted was an online quote) also seemed surprised by the price differential and told me it must be because I live in an area which has been assessed to have a higher risk (Perth's western suburbs), which is rubbish. As I'm in my 60's, have never had any at fault claims, car is always garaged, and drive a very low annual mileage, I assume this astronomical premium quote was just Youi trying it on to see if I'd done my homework. I'm sure a lot of people just go with the first quote they're given and don't shop around, and it appears that Youi preys on their ignorance.

Ultimately I decided to stick with my current insurer with whom I have a $0 excess for $563.

Insurance claim madeNo
I’m sorry if our quote came as a shock Arcadia10! We calculate the premium based on risk, for there to be such a difference, it not only shows that insurers use different methods but also, as you’ve stated, it’s worth shopping around. It’s a fine line, we’re keen to win your business in a very competitive market, at the same time, we need to be profitable enough to pay claims, all with a high level of service. I’m sorry if by calling we annoyed you, especially since the premium was higher. For fear of wasting more of your time, I’d be keen to look at your quote, to help, even if only to provide you with a more details explanation? My number is 0731563531. - JeremyThanks for your offer, Jeremy, but you've already had your chance to provide me with an acceptable quote. The fact that you're now offering to try to reduce the premium to win my business appears to bear out what I said in my review about Youi trying it on with a ridiculously high initial quote, hoping that the poor dumb customer hasn't shopped around first. Coming back for a second attempt adds insult to injury. In addition, I've read enough negative reviews on this site to put me off Youi forever. I think your policy of automatically deducting annual premiums without first asking the policyholder if they wish to renew is unethical, as is your practice of charging a policy cancellation fee. To my knowledge, none of the other car insurers I phoned do this. People must be mad, ignorant or completely misinformed to insure with Youi!An error crept in to one of the figures provided above for a competitor's quote - and I can't edit my review now that a company official has responded to my original post. The figure the RAC quoted for the same agreed value and similar excess was $353. The $734 quoted by the RAC was for a $0 excess.

A great find!

I rang Youi just looking for a quote for insuring my new car. The lady operator was both friendly and knowledgable, and determined to ensure I got just the policy I needed. The quote she gave me was a very pleasant surprise. Needless to say I took out a policy not only for my car but also my wife's. Well done Youi!

Extremely Rude Consultant

I have been with You for many years now and phoned the other day to change my address and policy to my new car. I was amazed at the high cost of transfer.
Yesterday I phoned to cancel my policy as got really great insurance from another company
The consultant rated You on time it took to get my call answered. That is not what insurance is about. This English speaking consultant was very curt and did not really want to help me. His total demeanor changed when I wanted to cancel my policy, which is a shame as others I have spoken to were friendly in tone of voice.
AT ENDBOF CALL HE CUT ME OFF MID TALKING AND YOU COULD HEAR THE LOUD CLUNK AS HE OBVIOUSLY SLAMMED HIS PHONE DOWN.
You you need to deal with this attitude of this consultant....not a good look for your company

Insurance claim madeNo
I’m sorry to hear about your experience Zoe, I’s certainly not the service we expect you to receive. I’d like to investigate this further, please message me your policy number & I’ll have a listen. Cheers Josh

It's great

4 years with youi always great people to have a chat. Towed my car was good n fast it's great that the policy comes with roadside

Best Caravan Insurance Out There

Great service. Kanaan was elegantly professional and provided a great product at a great price. Even made sure that all my other insurances were up to date and thanks to him and his Team all my insurance are with Youi. Car, Contents and Caravan.

Thank you Youi. And I am going through a claim right now and I am very very happy with the service. Don't go past youi. They are better. Not Bigger. And Kanaan and Jed his manager embody these values down the core! Awesome Service, Passionate, and Human.

Insurance claim madeYes

Best car insurance renewal experience ever

After more than 10 years with another insurer I was investigating my options to see what else was available to me. I work remotely and hardly use my car so I was getting tired of paying increased fees for something I only drive occasionally. After working my way through the online quote process with Youi I received a call from Paige.

Paige was amazing and very patient with me. I am obviously a loyal customer so I was nervous about changing insurers, but Paige explained everything in detail and took the time to clarify anything I wasn't sure about. She was also easy to relate to and speak with, whilst still being 100% professional. I asked a lot of questions, which Paige was more than capable of answering straight away and anything that was a bit tricky, she resolved with further investigation.

Paige made my decision to switch to Youi easy.

Good end result

I upgraded my i30 from 2009 model to 2018 i30 with all the bells & whistles - the increase in my new policy was approx $15.
How can this be? Was I overcharged for my old policy.???? Needless to say I am pleased with the price of my new policy.

Great savings

A policy that is ample, and suficiant to cover my needs at half the the prievious provider cost! Fantastic.great product.

Great service very helpful

Been with you I before and I insured two car with them again today top stuff and will tell mates about youi

The best..

Great work. Ryan was awesome. Very professional and helpful. Very happy with service. Will recommend youi to family and friends

Useless don’t do it

I got a quote with youi but not only were they more than any other company the wouldnt insure me as I live within 3,000,000,000kms of the beach.

Insurance claim madeNo
Sometime we win them, sometimes we lose them Jonnii, I’m sorry we weren’t more competitive for you. It all comes down to risk, however the proximity you’ve given to the beach puzzles me, could you message me the quote number or mobile you used & I’ll take a look. Cheers Josh

You continue to impress.

We've been with Youii for approximately 4 yrs and purchased another car today. We needed a quote over the phone before we drove our car away and were pleasantly surprised with an excellent rate.

Best deal ever

Just joined after great recomendations from friends . Saved heaps of money and easy to set up with them over the phone

Insurance claim madeNo

Hope you have all day to get a quote

They call you back and ask so many questions you get tempted to just hang up. But I persevered only to get a more expensive quote. The consultant then went away and spoke to someone and gave me a better price but still not as good as I previously had. A total waste of time.

Insurance claim madeNo
The quote process is met to be simple & we understand time is precious in today’s busy life, thanks for giving us a go. We attempt to advise one of our Team will be calling before completing the quote on line, sorry for the surprise. Insurers will look at risk differently, hence why there is such a variance with the premiums, I'm sorry that we weren't competitive. If you’d welcome a call email robynf@youi.com & I’ll be in touch. Robyn.

In my view Youi car insurance is an online scam

After clicking Start a Quote on Youi website you will see 3 tabs, Car & Usage, Policy Holder and Quote. In the first 2 they will ask you for all your details and when you finally get to the 3rd one, you WILL NOT see the quote, instead they will call you and keep asking for more personal details that are not even relevant for the quote. They will also start to 'verify' you on the call even when they have called you (you did not call them) to get even more personal info.
I do not mind Youi to setup any process they wish to, but they should clearly spell it upfront and not mislead customers just to collect personal details.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Pav, I’m sorry you felt our online quote system was misrepresenting our intentions. Most of the time we do call, not always, it depends on the time & day of the week. When we call, the additional questions we ask are identifying questions & risk associated questions. Your personal information is protected so we verify who you are when we call, a stranger may pick up your phone or a wrong phone number was entered into the online quote & we don’t want to share the details you’ve already given us. I understand a call is not for everyone & I’m keen to answer any question you might have about storing and using your information, my direct line is 0731563531 - JeremyYou missed the point. Your website is misleading by naming the 3rd tab Quote whereas your website actually does not provide quote at all. As stated previously, have what ever process you want but state it upfront. Do not promise quote online if you do not have capability to provide it.I’m hearing you Pav. When we have “Start a quote” you’re feeling we should be clearer & state that we may need to call you before providing you with a priced quote, & we will need to call you before purchasing the policy. Your feedback is valued & I’m sorry if I didn’t acknowledge that part of your comment. I’m here if you would like to talk about it, you have my number – Jeremy

Dont bother with Youi unless you want to give yourself a headache.

I considered switching to Youi about 5 years ago when I bought a new car. I wanted to get a quote online but I was never given an amount after I filled in all the necessary info. Doing this, enabled their sales team to bombard me with phone calls. I got 17 missed calls in 3 hours. They were very aggressive in their sales approach which was annoying cause they bothered me while I was at work. I never called them back. If a company has to try this hard for a sale then their insurance is obviously crap.

After reading their PDS I noticed there were several exclusions on their comprehensive car insurance product. So if I decided to switch over to them and I made a claim I would be only covered basically for dents and scratches, not fire or theft, or even punctured tyres in the event of a car accident. If a company has to do so much advertising - PAY ATTENTION, they are trying to fool you. Go with a trusted and very reputable company and don’t choose Youi.

Insurance claim madeNo
I apologise MD2413, that is an excessive amount of calls, & while we still choose to call & finish off the quote to get to know you better & answer any questions, I can assure you we’ve learned a lot in the last 5 years & have processes in place to limit the amount of calls we make. As for the cover, I’m not sure what the reference is to dents & scratches covered only, depending on the cover selected there are many insured events covered with Fire & Theft included in our Comprehensive Cover & Third Party Fire & Theft Cover. I’m happy to go through the PDS with you, or here is a link to our current PDS for you to review: https://www.youi.com.au/GetPDS?riskType=VEH . Cheers JoshYoui left a bad impression on me and I would never consider you guys ever again! I don’t care how much your company has learnt, you don’t approach a sales opportunity like that EVER! I have extensive experience in sales and insurance so don’t try and educate me like I know nothing. You can’t pull the wool over my eyes like your company has done with several other people. Youi is disgraceful and deceitful. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

These Reviews are Fake

Sorry, I haven't used this company but I wouldn't trust these reviews for a second. RAC & HBF have only between 20 to 100 reviews. How did Youi get 4000+ reviews then? I got suspicious when I saw that most the reviewers do not have facebook connections nor have made other reviews. They are all talking about outstanding customer service. Outstanding marketing don't you mean?

Insurance claim madeNo
Hey Lehanii, rest assured the reviews are very real, we welcome all feedback both good & bad as it helps us find out what works well & what could use a little work. We have technology in place that allows our customers to leave feedback on various sites/forums, this being one of them. We’re all about providing awesome service & this is a good way to keep in touch with our customers. If you’re curious & want to give us a shot, we’d love to look after you, or if you’d like to discuss, please give me a call on 07) 3852 7868. Thanks - Lauren

Peace of mind

Spoke to Matt today and after having had terrible experience with previous insurer was lovely to feel confident in youi that they have my back
Tanks Matt