Youi Car Insurance
4.2 from 5,900 reviews

Not too bad

Good Value, not as easy to get the policy we wanted as AAMI on line quote but Youi almost matched it so went ahead. Didn't want roadside assist as we have a reliable car, so lots of bulking up with things unneeded.

Good
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelBMW M3 E92 (Coupe, 2007-2013)

So Happy I Changed!

I was with AAMI for over 20 years and decided it was time to look for a better deal on my home, contents and cars to the point of saving nearly $200 a month with Youi...

Car ModelMazda 3
Book AgainYes

First time youi customer .

First time Youi customer , will certainly check when other policies are due and come up for renewal , their customer service is detailed and very helpful , explaining all details and answering any questions .

Car ModelNissan Pulsar
Book AgainYes

My customer service person (Rianin) was exceptional. Very helpful, very friendly, very informative.

Was a pleasure to sort our insurance with Rianin. She was so helpful, organized, well informed and did her best to get me the best premium possible. She made the experience of getting insurance human.

could do better

did not beat nrma pricing, but still went with you guys anyway, value was still less than nrma, but you should and could do better than them espically for pensioners

Bad
OK
Car ModelHyundai Tucson
Book AgainYes

Quick quote, very knowledgeable customer rep, will deal with again

Quick quote, very knowledgeable customer rep Kevin, will deal with again, appreciate the quick response, call back was prompt and detailed, now I'm with youi for ctp and comprehensive insurance, saved $500

Car ModelMazda CX-5

Excellent service

Rang to repair windscreen. We hadn’t paid to reduce excess on this item so was up for $950. Youi offered to reduce excess to $50 if we upped our insurance. Out of pocket $150 in the end. Very reasonable.

Claim Made:Yes
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Can't get an online quote - they call you without warning

All I wanted was an online quote. Without clearly disclosing the fact ahead of time, they send a pin to your mobile and once you enter it back in to the web page you are told to get ready for a phone call to complete the process. (I did go back to the web site and check. If you hover over the "Start a Quote" button a hint is displayed stating that they will call you. But if you click quickly it is unreadable).

In spite of the fact the agent says it's all about personal service, there was nothing she asked that I could not have entered in a web form. It was more about pushing through the process with reading out blocks of legal jargon in order to get you closer to the point of signing up.

So,
* it took much longer than I was prepared for.
* I had to unexpectedly talk on the phone at an inconvenient time.
* I even got put on hold at the end while the magic number was calculated (by that stage the number was going to have to be really, really good before I switched from my existing insurer)
* The end price was double what I am paying now! I actually laughed out loud when the agent excitedly told me the premium.

The agent seemed nice. It's not her fault. But still, the worst experience trying to get a quote I've had in 30 years of insuring vehicles.

Five minutes later my niece walked through the door. I say I'm writing a bad review of Youi insurance. She says, "Youi? What did you try them for? They are terrible...." Ahhh, a day that started out with so much potential...

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Book AgainNo
We understand a phone call is not for everyone Steve. The idea behind it is to make a connection. We feel, by having a conversation, asking more questions, allowing you to ask us questions, there will be higher chance we’ll meet expectations if there is a claim. Not everyone knows all about insurance & not everyone understands the PDS & how it relates to a claim so we provide that personal service. The premium based on risk, calculated depending on how you answered the questions so if we’re double the premium, it shows that we must be calculating that differently to your current insurer. We’re humans dealing with other humans in an otherwise contactless transaction. By calling we get an opportunity to prove that we’re good people who’ll be able to help if ever it’s needed. In saying that, if we need to change because our market is telling us to, then we will. Thanks for commenting Steve, I completely understand where you’re coming from & I apologise we were intrusive. If you have more to say, have any questions, or if you need my help, my direct line is 0731563531 - Jeremy

Changing my car insurance to Youi was the best decision I made

Youi took the time to go through everything that I needed to know & the transaction was very straight forward.I also save a lot of money by changing over my insurers.

Book AgainYes

I saved $865 a year. I can’t believe it. The sales assistant was just awesome.

The policy is the best car insurance policy I have ever had. The customer representative was just amazing. I am so happy to be with Youi as I am saving $865 a year. That is incredible.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelSuzuki Swift MK6.II (2013-2017)

Three Different Premium Quotes in One Day

I got THREE different renewal premium quotes in ONE day ! This was really confusing as I didn't know what premium I was going to be charged. Although all the people I spoke to at Youi were extremely helpful & polite, I can't help but feel insecure about how they calculate their premium when there were practically no changes from the previous year.

OK
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelToyota Yaris XP90.II (2008-2014)
Book AgainYes

Need to take responsibility for their bad drivers

I am not actually insured with YOUI - thankfully but one of their insured on a motorbike ran into me as he was making a turn from a side street now they are not accepting liability for this claim it it my fault. So YOUI when you are travelling on the main thoroughfare thought you had right of way. No wonder your customers all appear to be happy when you refuse to accept any liability for their bad driving. I have been inconvenienced by your driver damaging my car now you won't accept liability. Very poor

Claim Made:No
Claiming can be tough, especially when it's not your own insurer. It’s a debate that comes up often with insurance claims, as what seems logical, or even lawful, isn't always enough to wholly alleviate one party's liability. Still having said this if you email robynf@youi.com the claim details I’ll look further into it. Robyn.

Excellent service

I was absolutely delighted with the service I received from Alicia from Youi when enquiring about car insurance. She took her time explaining what Youi could offer and ended up selling me a great policy, which was way better than any other quotes I'd received. The information I required was received within the hour and it was easy to read and understand. I couldn't fault Alicia - she went out of her way to help me and to ensure I understood what Youi could offer. I found speaking with her much more informative than just receiving a quote via email.

Overall, a terrific service, particularly from Alicia, and Youi is great value for money.

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelHyundai ix35 LM.II (2013-2015)
Book AgainYes

Beware of YOUI and the 'real like fake people adverts'!

Beware of YOUI be extremely cautious of optional extras like rental car hire and roadside assist!!! it's a rip off!!

I have a comprehensive Cover, with 24/7 roadside assist & car rental cover.
My car broke down on road, called youi for roadside assist, I was told is not covered, since it is not an accident or battery flat.
I had to get Repco tow service to move my car to the repairer.
Then I called back YOUI to avail car rental, for which I had being paying additional premium, since my car is undrivable and under repair, youi then said it is not covered, once again I as told the car rental is not covered since it's not an accident!!
The roadside assist and car rental options which is over $200 additional that I was paying was for nothing and useless. This is a scam and unethical code of conduct, the advertised line at the time of purchase does not say the what you get to know at the time of emergency! Be very careful with this company called YOUI!! Will never ever recommend Youi to anyone ever!
Have cancelled my policy for this dubious and worst misleading company that rips off people's money.

Terrible
Bad
Insurance TypeComprehensive
Car ModelBMW 3 Series

No cheaper.

Checked with youi to save money on car insurance, I’m not sure what criteria they’re after but being over 25 with a clean driving record, I thought I was a good candidate, apparently not. Main stream insurers were cheaper.

Claim Made:No
While being a more experienced driver with a clean record does hold weight, it’s still a combination of the various risk factors considered. Statistics help us understand; vehicle risk & damages you may cause to property/vehicles, potential storm risk, usage & parking to name a few, so we can price accordingly. With differences between Insurers, we won’t always be the cheapest option, still, we’re confident in the product & services we offer & aim to save where possible. I’m happy to discuss further & we sure are grateful for the feedback. If you’d email me your details, I’ll call. laurenj@youi.com - Lauren

Exceptional customer service. Happy with my insurance

I feel as though my policy is good value. It is higher than what i would pay with someone else but the cover is more and that is the most important part.

Car ModelToyota Kluger
Book AgainYes

Simple and nice to talk to a real human

Quick and easy set up talking to a real person, lots of opinions and extras to choose to from. A very nice reward system with getting some of your premium back each month

Car insurance

I'm a new customer so don't have much to comment on but saved a significant amount of money on my policy and the customer service was excellent.looking forward to the Youi rewards.

Book AgainYes

You only get an online sales quote if you talk to a sales person direct

When you go online and enter your details, the only way to get a quote is to get a call back on your mobile. You don't get any cost details to go through up front. This is not explained at the start of the quite intensive information gathering process on the form. Beware!

Book AgainNo
By calling we have an opportunity to explain details about our cover so you can decide how it works for you. It’s a more personalised service we offer as our quotes are detailed, though I completely understand preferences differ. We let you know you might receive a call in the scripting you accept to continue Karin, I apologise it’s caught you off guard. Your feedback is valued & if you’d like to discuss, I’m here to help. My email is laurenj@youi.com - Lauren

My consultant was very friendly, helpful and pacient.

She took the time to explain things to me and clarify things when necessary. She provided me with options that made me feel comfortable with the decision that I had to make. I even feel that we connected on a human level, with her caring attitude and being able to laugh during the conversation. With this new policy I am saving more than $1000 per year!!! And that makes me happy!!

Car ModelHyundai i35
Book AgainYes

I have received a letter from a legal firm claiming to represent me on behalf of Youi in an accident that happened over 7 months ago. The other driver was at fault and we have two witnesses that he ran a red light. The claim was paid out over 6 months ago. The letter looks suspicious- they want me to make an appointment to see one their solicitors. I lost about $6000 on the car as it was written off- I am not prepared to lose a days wages to travel to the city. Has anyone ever had this happen??
Hi Jen, check out the legal firm's reputation, get them to Skype with you and do record the meeting. Take a second opinion from another legal firm. Be cautious about fees under all circumstances. Do not commit to any upfront fees or future fees. Find out what will be the final potential outcome and how it would work for you. All the best and good luck.Thanks for reaching out Jenni. I’d like to look into this further, please forward any policy, claim details to robynf@youi.com & I’ll be in touch to put your mind at ease. Look forward to hearing from you. Robyn.

can you choose your own repairers?
Great question Nigel. We have a selected network of repairers on board who we have complete faith in, still we have an optional cover where you can choose your own. If you have any further queries I’d be happy to chat, email robynf@youi.com. Look forward to speaking with you, Robyn :)

I would to know I have a 98 Mitsubishi lancer Coupe and was going get Youi insurance till I was told right or wrong in an accident I would have to come up with $500 and mind you have only ever had one accident not my fault so I wonder how does that work $500
Great question rae65. I’m assuming the $500 is the “excess”. It’s not always exactly $500, it can be higher & something you agree on before starting the policy. To claim, an excess is payable but it can waived, if for example; another party is clearly at-fault & we have enough information to enable an attempt to recover costs. This is all in our PDS & I can discuss in more detail if you wish? My direct line is 0731563531 – Jeremy

Similar listings